+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Coaching Change?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I agree - anything less is failure - the problem is, that is what this team has done, fail. They are not anywhere close to NCAA quality. Of course they should accept less this year- and be thankful for it if they get an invite.
    I believe that if you fail to get to the NCAA, you should get nothing. I still believe that we have to keep that standard. Keeping that in place is key to our future.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

So by your standards, Long and the Techsters have failed. Two years in a row. So if the Techsters should "get nothing" then shouldn't Long get the same? Nothing? Not another chance to deliver another dismal FAILING season?

The WNIT would at LEAST keep Tech's name out there while keeping SOME (even if very little) attention on us, AND it would give all of these YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED players more EXPERIENCE.

Isn't that what supposedly hurt us this year? A lack of experience?

If we're about returning to the elite (even top 100 at this point would be an improvement) then we need experience.

But then again, this is not a valid discussion, because it's doubtful the Techsters will receive an invitation. They finished tied for fourth place in the WAC, one of the weaker (est) conferences.

At least we're on the same page with something: I agree. Long has failed. He should get nothing.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    So by your standards, Long and the Techsters have failed. Two years in a row. So if the Techsters should "get nothing" then shouldn't Long get the same? Nothing? Not another chance to deliver another dismal FAILING season?

The WNIT would at LEAST keep Tech's name out there while keeping SOME (even if very little) attention on us, AND it would give all of these YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED players more EXPERIENCE.

Isn't that what supposedly hurt us this year? A lack of experience?

If we're about returning to the elite (even top 100 at this point would be an improvement) then we need experience.

But then again, this is not a valid discussion, because it's doubtful the Techsters will receive an invitation. They finished tied for fourth place in the WAC, one of the weaker (est) conferences.

At least we're on the same page with something: I agree. Long has failed. He should get nothing.
    FFA - U & I rarely differ in our viewpoints regarding CL but now I have to STRONGLY disagree with U about this!! Long should something ( like a boot in his a** as he is shown the door!!! ).
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-17-2008 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Add Comment

Puppy parkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the ears parkedgourmet2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I bought the family pass to both. We didn't make a game either. I would love for there to have been something to watch, but there just wasn't.
    It looks like the men's program will have something to watch next year. They do not quit when way over their heads in the talent line. If they play with the same tenacity when all that talent in waiting hits the court it should be fun. Have we been sandbagging in women's too??????? That surely must be the issue. I hope that I get a reason to want to drive 4 hours to go watch. I have certainly logged many more hours in the past when we put a product out on the courts. I hope to need to again one day (said wistfully).

Puppy parkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the ears parkedgourmet2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    Nor should we get an invite. That was a serious mistake on Long's part - one of many.

It is time for Long to help us correct our mistake in hiring him in that national search to the end of the bench and resign.
    WOW! We ACTUALLY AGREE on this topic. Glad to know you do still care a little about WBB.

+ Reply to Thread