+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The saddest thing is....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The saddest thing is....

...I don't care! It's true. I don't care if the Techsters ever return to winning form or not. If they do!, under Long or another coach, great! Wonderful! But if they don't...I don't care.

It used to me make upset when the Techsters lost a game. And then when it looked like another trip to the NCAAs hung in the balance I'd be on pins and needles listening to the games or watching them, hoping, praying for a "W." Remember that improbable come back win against SMU (thanks to Erica Smith Taylor) a few years back???? That win got us into the Dance that year.

Once the string was broken, last year, it was like all the pressure to keep it going was lifted. Now, I don't care. 16-15? No big deal.

As for Long, as strange as this might sound, I think he should get another year. He did have the youngest team in the nation and did have some key injuries.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: The saddest thing is....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    ...I don't care! It's true. I don't care if the Techsters ever return to winning form or not. If they do!, under Long or another coach, great! Wonderful! But if they don't...I don't care.

It used to me make upset when the Techsters lost a game. And then when it looked like another trip to the NCAAs hung in the balance I'd be on pins and needles listening to the games or watching them, hoping, praying for a "W." Remember that improbable come back win against SMU (thanks to Erica Smith Taylor) a few years back???? That win got us into the Dance that year.

Once the string was broken, last year, it was like all the pressure to keep it going was lifted. Now, I don't care. 16-15? No big deal.

As for Long, as strange as this might sound, I think he should get another year. He did have the youngest team in the nation and did have some key injuries.
    Tell me, prior to Whitney's injury, of any impressive wins.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

...I don't care! It's true.
    The sad thing is that most loyal supporters feel the same way about all the athletic programs at Tech right now.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

You cared enough to let us know you don't care.
    ________
    PLYMOUTH (AUTOMOBILE) HISTORY
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    The sad thing is that most loyal supporters feel the same way about all the athletic programs at Tech right now.
    Thats not true. CHAMPS membership will double from a year ago before the end of the baseball season. Football season tickets will sell at record levels.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

I care. I've traveled with world with my work, and practically EVERY time I told someone I was graduated from Louisiana Tech, they'd ask me about 3 things
    1. Terry Bradshaw
    2. Karl Malone
    3. Women's basketball

It is sad. I care, and I wish it to return. I know a little bit about basketball, and I KNOW it can go back to where it was. It will take the right people at the helm of the university to get it there. Resources yes, but people who can both recruit AND coach are what we need. Next year will be Coach's Long's linchpin year. It'll be HIS TEAM entirely, and his coaching ENTIRELY. If he can't do it then....then the university needs to look elsewhere. I expect he'd tell you the same thing.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Hopefully our head coach just completed his last year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    You cared enough to let us know you don't care.
    So, you're saying I actually do care since if I truly didn't I wouldn't have cared enough to post anything. Man! don't go psychobabble on me!

Maybe it's more of a case of not allowing the current sorry state of the program to bother me. At least they had a winning season. That's the only string CL hasn't broken...yet.

+ Reply to Thread