+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One more post

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

One more post

To continue to use Budke as a reason for the downward spiral of this program is disingenuous. Even IF what some of you say is 100% accurate, he's been gone for three years. This program did not improve this year, contrary to what some are saying. It became worse. And this "improvement" some speak of since the beginning of the season? Get real. The "improvement" you saw was against TERRIBLE TEAMS FROM THE WAC! OF COURSE WE LOOKED BETTER WHEN PLAYING BOTTOM DWELLERS!

Long has had three years. His first year, when he had some Leon/some Budke players, he had a good record and made it to the dance.

Since then, his recruits have not been able to step up. Sure, there has been an occasional win against a weak WAC opponent, but no wins to brag about.

Setting Levingston aside, this was a complete Chris Long team. His team was consistently out-coached. His team lacked passion (consistently), fundamentals (consistently), disciple (consistently) and offensive prowess (consistently).

Long, from what most say, is a man of great character and integrity. That is not in question. His ability to lead at this level is in question, and is fair game.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: One more post

FFA - I don't know CL personally but have heard only good things about him ( aside from his coaching ability ). If he's been so "loyal" to Tech as others say & he's a man of "character" as U say, then why doesn't he see & admit that he's just NOT the HC the Techsters need & step away? That would take a big man but shouldn't the university come first? And yes, I personally HAVE stepped away from a work project that, once I got deep into it, knew I was in over my head & asked to be replaced. I have no ego to be bruised ( I'm too old for those kind of games ) & willingly took a less critical role in the same project ( one that fit my strengths ). Royal Dutch ( Shell ) & I continue to work in this manner to this day.

MG

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Eek Re: One more post

Ya know what else REALLY sucks about this season? Now that it's TWO years in a row that Long's not gotten us to the Dance, that signed basketball I won off FleaBay last year just went down in value!! I was hoping that this years' team would start a new streak & my ball would be special but it's not to be, I guess. :bigcry:

MG

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: One more post

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    If he's been so "loyal" to Tech as others say & he's a man of "character" as U say, then why doesn't he see & admit that he's just NOT the HC the Techsters need & step away?
    Oh.... I'd say because of about 100K of these....

+ Reply to Thread