+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NIT ?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: NIT ?

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I very seriously doubt it. The only way I would think we would get in is if they wanted our past "Tradition" to help publicize the tourny and sell a few more tickets. But I suspect our "Tradition" means very little to them right now. So no, I don't see it at all.

That was my point as well.

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

N.I.T. = Not Inviting Tech.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Aint gonna happen and frankly they just don't deserve one.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Here are the At Large Berths:

Dayton
    Drake
    Creighton
    Florida
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Michigan
    Mississippi State
    MTSU
    NC State
    South Carolina
    South Florida
    St. John’s
    Texas Tech
    Villanova
    Virginia Comm.
    Wisconsin

I think Mississippi State was the lowest RPI in this list. Their RPI was 106. Ours was 160. I read the other day where Arkansas (RPI 112) was invited also, but their coach declined stating something to the effect that he knew they wouldn't be able to advance in the tournament. It's interesting that he didn't claim to be only NCAA material not NIT.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Boise State is the WAC's WNIT representative.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Boise State is the WAC's WNIT representative.
    They deserve it. Actually, I think NMSU deserves it, as well.

Big Dog B.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Actually it will play a more important role than you think, why would the NIT take a chance on giving a bid to a team who barely finished in the top half of their lackless conference. Tradition aside remember Tech finished in fifth and the conference champion was placed in the bare bottom of the NCAA tournement placings. With all do respect the only way Tech is ever going to see "the dance" again is to change conferences and since Dan Reneau managed to insult the Conference USA commissoner when he was in the southland that doomed any chance that Tech will ever get a bid there. To make matters worse the head of technology for the C-USA is a Tech grad and that clown spoke out against letting Tech in, what loyalty. Turns out he had a beef with Reneau also.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by B.R.Bulldog View Post
    Actually it will play a more important role than you think, why would the NIT take a chance on giving a bid to a team who barely finished in the top half of their lackless conference. Tradition aside remember Tech finished in fifth and the conference champion was placed in the bare bottom of the NCAA tournement placings. With all do respect the only way Tech is ever going to see "the dance" again is to change conferences and since Dan Reneau managed to insult the Conference USA commissoner when he was in the southland that doomed any chance that Tech will ever get a bid there. To make matters worse the head of technology for the C-USA is a Tech grad and that clown spoke out against letting Tech in, what loyalty. Turns out he had a beef with Reneau also.
    You wanted to go to the SOUTHLAND?

The WAC is fine untl the day we can get into CUSA. The problem is with us, not the conference.

Big Dog B.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

You didn't read my post correctly I see. Let me explain to you. The commisoner of C-USA is the former southland commissoner who cannot stand Louisiana Tech. I talked with the UAB president about a year ago about why Tech was excluded and he pretty much said that Britton was attament about NOT bringing Tech on board mainly due to the amount of nepatism that he observed while he was aboard. This coupled by our own alumnist (head of C-USA Technology) speaking against us at the meeting pretty much completly put us out of the bidding. Unfortunatley Dan Reneau seems to think that he can smooth things over and its not going to happen

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Tech received an automatic bid to the WNIT last year because we were the top-finishing team in the regular season that did not receive a bid to the NCAA tournament. We turned it down (for more reasons than just "we only go to the NCAA"). If we had won the WAC regular season again this year or finished second behind Fresno, we would have gotten that same automatic bid. And this year, I believe we would have accepted it in a heartbeat.

I don't know what kind of guarantees teams have to make to host games in that tournament, but given our attendance this year (and the fact that season tickets do not include postseason), I seriously doubt we would have gotten a home game out of it.

To make matters worse I have a feeling talking to the UAB president that he can't stand Reneau either the way he seemed to speak about him. Face it. C-USA is completly out of the picture until either Tech or C-USA make a change in admin and I don't see either of them doing that for a long time. As a alumnist I hate to say from a business aspect Tech has noting to offer them. On a good note though you should read the sports section of the Birmingham Times today, they're complaining about why the Sunbelt Conference has more teams in the men's tornament than C-USA

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    Tech received an automatic bid to the WNIT last year because we were the top-finishing team in the regular season that did not receive a bid to the NCAA tournament. We turned it down (for more reasons than just "we only go to the NCAA"). If we had won the WAC regular season again this year or finished second behind Fresno, we would have gotten that same automatic bid. And this year, I believe we would have accepted it in a heartbeat.

I don't know what kind of guarantees teams have to make to host games in that tournament, but given our attendance this year (and the fact that season tickets do not include postseason), I seriously doubt we would have gotten a home game out of it.
    I did misunderstand. Thanks for the clarification.

Its alright after dealing with the half pint troll that resides in Wyly tower your a hundred percent better, the only time he listens is when money is involved. Champ for Tech president, you got to admit Champ you couldn't screw things up any worse that Dan Reneau already has

Quote Originally Posted by B.R.Bulldog View Post
    Its alright after dealing with the half pint troll that resides in Wyly tower your a hundred percent better, the only time he listens is when money is involved. Champ for Tech president, you got to admit Champ you couldn't screw things up any worse that Dan Reneau already has
    I would do it in a second!

Not me. I'm not going to suck up to anyone

+ Reply to Thread