+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: re: "who cares, it's women's basketball"

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: "who cares, it's women's basketball"

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    This is good debate. Don't try to squash it. The Techsters season is over. What to do about the poor performance?

My solution is for the former Lady Techsters and their fans to pump money into the program, not demand change without providing the means.

That is an honest and fair request.
    Yes, it is. That is not what the majority of this thread is about, though. Why not start a new thread with that as the subject?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

A MEASURABLE snow in March -

Tornadoes one week later -

Big Mick POSTING in the Lady Techster basketball forum -

I hope all of you are RIGHT with our LORD JESUS CHRIST -

Because the Rapture has to be right around the corner!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Good point, Coach.

This thread has deteriorated more since this morning. Didn't think it could go lower, but alas.....

That was not in response to your post, Coach.

I just fail to understand how some can come in this section and bash one of their own teams. People that do that are not Tech fans. Fanfromafar asked for this - I know, but don't take it out on the Techsters. They are one of us and I am proud of the heritage and tradition that they stand for. Let's get off this kick and move on to other sports. The Techsters season is over and baseball is going full swing.
    Champ,
    While I've let you go relatively easy for your (what I consider at times to be) blind support of Long, let's go back to the first post and tell me how by responding to someone who was denigrating the Techster program and suggesting that I should not care about it because it is only women's basketball is "asking for it."

If you mean because I referred to "ball-less" red dotters, then hell yeah, I asked for it. Red dots are no big deal. The big deal is when someone makes a very bold statement but then they are afraid to back it up by admitting who they are. The ORIGINAL intent of this post was about how important this "women's basketball" program has been to Tech, and how shortsighted it is for someone to make light of it due to the gender of the players. Unfortunately, it quickly turned into how I was somehow trying to make the Techster program more important than the others. That is complete b/s. Read what I said, and encourage your buds on here to read what I said, not read INTO what I said.

So as far as "asking for it" goes, I keep forgetting that I need to include emoticons in my messages for those who are unable to decipher sarcasm.

And now, taking your advice, I won't post on this topic again.

Here's hoping this thread goes away, and that Long goes with it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

While driving home from work yesterday, I was tuned into 560am and the hosts were having a trivia contest. The question was "who is the coach of the Rutgers WBB team?" The answer was wrong and the host commented "Who cares? Its women's basketball".

During the rest of the drive home, I was waiting for the angry backlash from someone like fff. But there was none.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    While driving home from work yesterday, I was tuned into 560am and the hosts were having a trivia contest. The question was "who is the coach of the Rutgers WBB team?" The answer was wrong and the host commented "Who cares? Its women's basketball".

During the rest of the drive home, I was waiting for the angry backlash from someone like fff. But there was none.
    OHHHHH Well, if no one called in on 560am then WHY THE HECK ARE WE POSTING??? Throw it under the bus. Doesn't matter that other places are packing their gyms and have a following. Doesn't matter that Tech has one of the strongest traditions in the country with this program. None of it matters, because no one called in on 560am and knew the name of Vivian Stringer.

This is a HUGE relief. We don't have to worry about any of this anymore.

I will repeat: If you don't care about WBB, then don't post over here.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    OHHHHH Well, if no one called in on 560am then WHY THE HECK ARE WE POSTING??? Throw it under the bus. Doesn't matter that other places are packing their gyms and have a following. Doesn't matter that Tech has one of the strongest traditions in the country with this program. None of it matters, because no one called in on 560am and knew the name of Vivian Stringer.

This is a HUGE relief. We don't have to worry about any of this anymore.

I will repeat: If you don't care about WBB, then don't post over here.

Just another instance of "who cares" which is the title of this thread.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

If they don't care then why are they posting it? I think they are simply trying to antagonize champ. I may not agree with your optimism, champ, but I'm with you on this.

+ Reply to Thread