+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW COACH!!!

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

NEW COACH!!!

Remember when we used to win, ALL THE TIME!??! We have a new AD and a new mentality. Now we need a new WBB to go along. Get him outta here!!! I've never been impressed. I say, let's get Dooley to attempt to get Mulkey back. So irritated...

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Re: NEW COACH!!!

There is one year left on his contract. We have just spent MEGA bucks on two programs (MBB and FB) that can actually make us money. We will not do anything with Long until his contract is up.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjl006 View Post
    Remember when we used to win, ALL THE TIME!??! We have a new AD and a new mentality. Now we need a new WBB to go along. Get him outta here!!! I've never been impressed. I say, let's get Dooley to attempt to get Mulkey back. So irritated...
    Where would we get the extra $300,000 per year or so for her salary?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Kim is gone and aint coming back.

I wanted to kick somebody who extended Long's contract and it looks like I was right.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Lets get Mulkey to support her alma mater with an alumni membership and CHAMPS donation. In fact, lets get ANY former Lady Techster to step up.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjl006 View Post
    We have a new AD and a new mentality. .... I say, let's get Dooley to attempt to get Mulkey back. So irritated...
    Funny, I just listened to Jimmy Watson tell Tim Fletcher (on The Morning Sport Show -1340AM - that KMR said LAST WEEK the reason she is not in Ruston is Dan Reneau. 100% Dan Reneau's fault. He said, she said that Reneau was afraid that she (Kim) would be like Leon. Always pushing to better the program. They joked that Dan "hand grenaded" the program because he (DR) was tired of seeing their (Watson & Fletcher) faces at his place every year for the NCAA Tournament Seeding. (a definate jab at Reneau since they said just before that they would go to Ruston EVERY YEAR for the annoucement)

Watson, Fletcher, and the next handful of callers ALL placed the blame for the Techsters demise on Dr. Dan Reneau.

I don't think Dooley can fix that deeply seeded problem.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Yeah, I'm sure Reneau blew the program up just to avoid seeing Fletcher and Watson...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Where would we get the extra $300,000 per year or so for her salary?
    We don't need that much. Keeping CL here is costing us lots of money. Look at how attendance has plummeted under him.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    We don't need that much. Keeping CL here is costing us lots of money. Look at how attendance has plummeted under him.

Actually, we'd need to shell out MUCH more than that. I was WAY low in my initial post.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...wom.fa199.html

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

KMR makes $1,000,000+ per year at Baylor.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

That's like saying we need to pay $4 million a year to get a quality football coach at LATech. After all that's what Alabama is paying.

Actually, we'd need to shell out MUCH more than that. I was WAY low in my initial post.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...wom.fa199.html

That's like saying we need to pay $4 million a year to get a quality football coach at LATech. After all that's what Alabama is paying.
    Say what? The post was about Mulkey, specifically.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

He was drawing a comparison. Paying Mulkey 1 million would be like Tech paying a football coach 4 million, because a bcs school does it.

Baylor sees the value in a NC caliber WBB team. We used to see that value, but I am not so sure we do anymore - I am not ruling it out yet, either.

Mulkey is at Baylor NOT because of the money, although that helps. Mulkey is at Baylor because they courted her when we were acting like a fool. Also, although everyone has 20/20 hindsight, there were some big posters on here that did nothing but complain about KM while she was here. They were not opposed to her leaving. That is the honest truth.

It was a mistake. D.R. made a bad decision and KM had some fault, as well. It is a mute point now, though. We should be focused on our future, not the past.
    Last edited by champion110; 03-18-2008 at 10:24 AM.

You asked where we'd get the $300,000 or so for a new coach. I claimed we don't need that much. You then said that you were "WAY low" in your initial post and reminded us that Kim makes more than a million a year. I was simply making the point that Kim is an extreme case. You might be able to find four or five coaches in all of WNCAA making that kind of money.

On the other end of the spectrum you have a coach at UC Riverside getting his team into the tournament at a salary of $65,000. I don't think we'll find someone like him, but I am confident you can get a quality WNCAA coach for less than $200,000. How much are we paying Coach Rupp (and that's in MNCAA where you have to pay a lot more on average)?

You asked where we'd get the $300,000 or so for a new coach. I claimed we don't need that much. You then said that you were "WAY low" in your initial post and reminded us that Kim makes more than a million a year. I was simply making the point that Kim is an extreme case. You might be able to find four or five coaches in all of WNCAA making that kind of money.

On the other end of the spectrum you have a coach at UC Riverside getting his team into the tournament at a salary of $65,000. I don't think we'll find someone like him, but I am confident you can get a quality WNCAA coach for less than $200,000. How much are we paying Coach Rupp (and that's in MNCAA where you have to pay a lot more on average)?

You still don' get it. My reply was to mjl, who wasn't talking about "A" new coach. He was talking about Mulkey.

Here is the post to which I was replying:

"Remember when we used to win, ALL THE TIME!??! We have a new AD and a new mentality. Now we need a new WBB to go along. Get him outta here!!! I've never been impressed. I say, let's get Dooley to attempt to get Mulkey back. So irritated..."

+ Reply to Thread