+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW COACH!!!

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Re: NEW COACH!!!

Heck, Doley raised all that money in just 3 months to revamp the fieldhouse. Im sure he can pull some magic (by magic, I mean something or current AD never did) out of his lucky hat and get something rolling to buy out long's contract and find someone else. I'd say bring Leon back to help with the search, and make contact with KM (couldn't hurt to ask). Its time we start pulling the old strings we tied a long time ago and get something rolling.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Lets get Mulkey to support her alma mater with an alumni membership and CHAMPS donation. In fact, lets get ANY former Lady Techster to step up.

I engourage the former Lady Techsters to support their alma mater and ffa gives me the deadly .

This will not deter me, yet I don't expect any former Lady Techster to make a significant contribution. They must all be democraps with their "let's waste other people's money and not contribute ourselves" mentality.

Spoon will be speaking at the Lady Techster banquet. Will her speech be more "pride" babble or will she lead by Karl Malone's example? Put your money where your mouth is.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Lets get Mulkey to support her alma mater with an alumni membership and CHAMPS donation. In fact, lets get ANY former Lady Techster to step up.
    What a novel idea.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think it is unreasonable to expect Kim to do that, though.
    Why, because she coaches somewhere else?
    If so, I could understand her not becoming a CHAMPS member. But I don't think it would be a problem to join the Alumni Assoc. or to do things on the academic side. In fact, I would hope that that is common in coaching circles.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    If so, I could understand her not becoming a CHAMPS member. But I don't think it would be a problem to join the Alumni Assoc. or to do things on the academic side. In fact, I would hope that that is common in coaching circles.
    I think once D.R. retires, we might have a chance.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think once D.R. retires, we might have a chance.
    ...to become a member of the Alumni Assoc. and/or CHAMPS?

Or are you talking about a chance of her returning?

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

What is the Association doing to entice them to take a more active part in the program?
    When was the last time they were giving to the program and for those that were what has changed since they stopped giving?

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Ok season is over and not that anyone cares but here are my thought.
    I think that CL will be given another year. I just don't see them buying him out of that 100K with one year left on the contract.
    I also see that he has specific bench marks put on this year. He will have to win 20-25 games this year along with returning to post season play to stay.
    I know that this isn't what some of you want to hear but I just think this is what we all know deep down is that he will still be here next year.
    I have a feeling though that even if he wins 20-25 games next season and they make it back to the post season that some will still want him gone. I think it goes beyond the court with alot of people it is personal for some that just don't like him. I said it earlier this season that no matter what his record was some people just don't care for him.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: NEW COACH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Ok season is over and not that anyone cares but here are my thought.
    I think that CL will be given another year. I just don't see them buying him out of that 100K with one year left on the contract.
    I also see that he has specific bench marks put on this year. He will have to win 20-25 games this year along with returning to post season play to stay.
    I know that this isn't what some of you want to hear but I just think this is what we all know deep down is that he will still be here next year.
    I have a feeling though that even if he wins 20-25 games next season and they make it back to the post season that some will still want him gone. I think it goes beyond the court with alot of people it is personal for some that just don't like him. I said it earlier this season that no matter what his record was some people just don't care for him.
    Phil - I agree w/the first part of your comments & that we WILL be stuck w/CL for another year. I'm not certain that I go along w/the second part because I thought being likeable was one of CL's strong points? He's a family man who's photogenic & the "blue hairs" in Ruston seem to like him. Have I missed something? Like I've always said - I have nothing against the man personally. I just don't think he's head coach material!

MG

Gene,
    Just sit back and watch if he wins 20+ games next season we will still have people on here talking about he needs to be gone and he isn't the right fit for the program. We will have people saying that they don't agree with his coaching and that we need someone that has ties to Tech. I may be very wrong but we will reference this conversation next year at this time.
    It has nothing to do with him being a good person or not but it has everything to people thinking there is a cookie cutter model to the perfect team or well let me say what type team they want to see on the floor. I am not saying it is right or wrong but I just know fans way too well. I had a season that I went 29-3 and had parents and fans telling me what I needed to do with the program. People have opinions and no matter how well or bad you do they feel the need to share it.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    No, because she is very bitter.

Puppy mgr8284 is an unknown

Jennifer White, Would come here in a heart beat! If given the opportunity she could get the Techsters back where they are supposed to be.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mgr8284 View Post
    Jennifer White, Would come here in a heart beat! If given the opportunity she could get the Techsters back where they are supposed to be.
    She would? What has she done, rebuilding once proud programs, that makes you say that?

Puppy mgr8284 is an unknown

Jennifer played for tech when they won national championships and was also an assistant for Coach Barmore when they won the national championship. She coaches a lot like CB.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I like Jennifer and enjoyed watching her as a Techster. Since that time though, what has she done that would make you think that she could rebuild a shattered program?

+ Reply to Thread