+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grambling game

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Grambling game

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    In Pro baseball the pitcher must pitch 5 to get the win, don't know about college. I know it's not 5 because several have gotten wins with less than 5 IP
    Right--I know it does not have to be 5 when the coach has the liberty to designate the winning pitcher. And, to calrify, I did not mean a pitcher has to pitch 5 innings-just be pitching in the 5th inning. I looked back and saw it was Jericho coach designated a winner when he only pitched the last inning against Grambling last year--not Luke. Although we were ahead nearly the whole game, coach decided to give the win to JJ because he, of the 9 pitchers who threw, pitched the cleanest inning.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Tonight could have been a bigger score. The wind and letting the backups play is what made it even this close. Adam Cobb is credited with 3 steals while the team totaled 6. It was that kind of night. Kersten surprised everyone and hit a blast into the wind. Luckily the team hit better as a whole tonight. I guess because of the conditions we tried not to fight the wind and just take advantage of Grambling's lack of size. Even so I believe Clay Alexander had 2 popouts that would normally have been homeruns and Jericho had one that would have been off the wall.

Fielding was better. No errors. We turned a double play which is hard to do on this fast team. We held Grambling to 1 stolen base which is pretty good (and on that one Combs wasn't even thinking of throwing the ball). And if you missed the Juneau play then you will regret it.

Helms struggled after getting 2 outs (it may have to do with the midget batters on Grambling's lineup) and Richard looked uncharacteristic coming in in the 3rd (gave up a run).

Grambling's coach is awesome. Comments like "If you don't pitch better I am taking your a$$ out" and "Why are you throwing him a strike with a runner on second? He can hit it to McDonalds" just made the night so much better.

That is it for the Juice report.

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

From page 124 of this year's rule book:

(2) By prearrangement, if three or more pitchers are to be used, the
    pitcher of record shall be considered the winning pitcher.

That's a rule that only applied to college baseball. If the coach doesn't designate three or more pitchers before the game, the starter would have to go five innings. But obviously Sim informed the official scorer that he would use three or more specific pitchers.

Had it not been a game where the starters were designated, it is likely LeBreton would have been credited with the win because he was the most effective reliever.

+ Reply to Thread