+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MLBPA to look at why Bonds is unemployed

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

MLBPA to look at why Bonds is unemployed

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3300362

I read the article and it seems as if they think they have a beef with teams that don't want Barry Bonds. Is the free-agent market not a free market? The way I see it is that the demand for Barry Bonds is not that great thus resulting in his unemployment. Now by June I expect some team will want to fill a hole and he will be picked up. I just don't see what angle they are "looking into this." The way the article was written and some of the quotes seemed as if they were going to try and make a team pick him up.

Any thoughts?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: MLBPA to look at why Bonds is unemployed

A team has the right to decide if they want to sign a certain person or not. The team must be able to act in what it perceives to be its best interests. I don't think any team can be forced to sign a player just because a union wants them to do so.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Why does the Union care? Last time I checked Bonds isn't a member of the MLBPA, that's why he isn't in any MLB video games.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Why does the Union care? Last time I checked Bonds isn't a member of the MLBPA, that's why he isn't in any MLB video games.
    Exactly! As long as his is not a member of the MLBPA, why should they investigate anything on his behalf? Come to think of it, why does it matter if there is not a team interested in him? What makes Bonds so damn special that there has to be a team interested in him, or that he has to be on some team's roster? Roger Clemens isn't retired, nor is he receiving interest from teams to come play for them, so will the MLBPA investigate as to why that is? What about Sammy Sosa or Mike Pizzia? Something's not right with the Union if they are investigating why Bonds isn't receiving interest from teams, but they are not doing the same for other players...

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think this is just Donald Fehr acting like Donald Fehr.

If they are going to "look into" why no one has signed Bonds, they should look in his baggage first. Literally look in his bags for the drugs he's been taking, and metaphorically look at the baggage he would bring to a locker room. He has always had an attitude problem, and very few of his teammates cared for him. Add to that the media coverage of his ongoing legal problems and the possibility that he would have to miss games to testify, adn that pesky little detail that he could go to jail, and no teams wants any part of him. I don't blame them.

Whether Bonds signs or not, Donald Fehr needs to be kidnapped and marooned on an island somewhere...and he needs to take Bud Selig with him.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I think this is just Donald Fehr acting like Donald Fehr.
    Agreed. I don't pay dues to MLBPA so I don't care what they "look into" and I don't imagine they can do anything to force a team to take him. Maybe they are just trying to make sure there is no blackballing going on, although;

1. I should think the reasons he isn't getting any offers should be obvious.
    2. If I was in the union and he wasn't and the union was wasting a single cent on him I'd be upset.

Probably just a case of someone wanting to sound important.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

they seem to think all the owners have committed collusion; thus agreeing to not sign him; that is what they are investigating

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

If Fehr got an emema, there'd be nothing but skin and bones left!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Another reason to not sign Barry...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7940220?MSNHPHMA

+ Reply to Thread