+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DISPICABLE

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

DISPICABLE

Butler said the climate of women's basketball in the country has changed dramatically since the days of consistent national powerhouses so to expect the Techsters to maintain the dominance of the past is unrealistic.

"We are in a different age of women's basketball," Butler said. "It's been nine years since Louisiana Tech made the Final Four. I think our expectations have to be a lot more realistic. There's simply too much parity in women's basketball."

THIS IS DISGUSTING. WHAT A POOR, POOR EXCUSE TO INABLE THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT TO CONTINUE STANDING BEHIND MEDIOCRITY. HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF. SCHOOLS LIKE OLD DOMINION AND WESTERN KENTUCKY CONTINUE TO COMPETE AND SO SHOULD THE TECHSTERS. WE LOST TO ULM AT HOME - THAT IS 100% UNACCEPTABLE. OUR EXPECTATIONS SHOULD BE TO WIN -- OUR GOALS SHOULD BE THE SAME AS FOOTBALL - ANY TIME, ANY ONE, ANY WHERE. BUTLER IS ANOTHER PRODUCT OF THE OLD BOYS CLUB.

IT SEEMS TO ME IT'S NOT OKAY TO EXPECT THE TECHSTERS TO DO WELL BUT IT IS OKAY TO EXPECT THE RARE CHANCE THAT FOOTBALL WILL MAKE A WORTHWHILE BOWL GAME OR THE BULLDOGS WILL MAKE THE NCAA'S? IF THESE SAME PEOPLE WOULD PUT AS MUCH EFFORT AND HOPE INTO RETURNING THE TECHSTERS TO NATIONAL PROMINENCE, WE WOULD ALREADY BE THERE. IF THEY CONDUCTED A NATIONAL SEARCH FOR A HEAD COACH AND THEN HIRED SOMEONE WITH SOME HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE, THAT MIGHT HELP TOO.
    IF THEY'RE SO CONCERNED ABOUT PARITY, WHY DON'T WE GO BACK TO LOWER DIVISION I OR WHATEVER THEY CALL IAA FOOTBALL NOW?

Guest BS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: DISPICABLE

I 100% agree Mr. Butler needs to be on the same bus out of town as Chris Long. This is part of the problem is that our Athletic Department has low expectations. I sure hope Dooley cleans this up, this year.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I do not claim to have any inside connections to the athletic department, so I am just thinking out loud....BUT..

For years Jim Oakes and others in the athletic department have stood behind the Techsters program when it came to funding. They generated zero dollars for the department, but the fans supported them because they won. So, they kept over-funding them while revenue-generating sports like football and MBB faded away.

Now that WBB has started to fade (BTW, Dwayne has called this one for years) they have to spin everything a different direction in order to avoid looking completely stupid for not properly maintaining ALL PROGRAMS for the last two decades.

The truth is that our entire athletic department has failed for several years because of poor leadership and lack of fundraising / marketing. That's it in a nutshell. Hopefully Dooley and Buskirk can change that attitude, but I truly believe that is the main problem.

I do not know if Butler is a part of the problem, but I agree that his comments are not good. I complained for years that we would not excel under Jack Bicknell because he made the same excuses about losing football games. Until we are willing to be honest with ourselves and stop making excuses for why we fail, we will not move forward.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I seriously doubt that the SID makes funding and coaching calls. The game has changed. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you'll be able to improve the program.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Obviously, Tennessee didn't get the message about parity.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BS1994TECH View Post
    I 100% agree Mr. Butler needs to be on the same bus out of town as Chris Long. This is part of the problem is that our Athletic Department has low expectations. I sure hope Dooley cleans this up, this year.
    do you know what malcolm butler's job is?

as media relations director, it's his job to paint tech athletics in a positive light -- to spin things. that's what he was doing. for you to say butler needs to be run out of town shows just how clueless you are.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Puppy parkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the ears parkedgourmet2's Avatar

I agree with you 100% === why is spinning mediocrity acceptable. La. Tech says that they strive to be the best in what they do, why then do we try to make excuses for consistently achieving at the bottom of the barrel.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parkedgourmet2 View Post
    I agree with you 100% === why is spinning mediocrity acceptable. La. Tech says that they strive to be the best in what they do, why then do we try to make excuses for consistently achieving at the bottom of the barrel.
    Because that is his job. EVERY SINGLE SID/ MEDIA RELATIONS PERSON IS DOING THE SAME THING. EVERYSINGLE ONE.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I do not have a problem with Mr. Butler and I do not think he needs to be fired. But, I do think his comments are out of line.

If his job is spin, then he could say good things about Chris Long, talk about the Techsters turning things around after they kicked a couple of players off the team, talk about the possibilities the team has next year, talk about the changes that might come with a new AD, etc, etc.

Telling fans to lower their expectations is not a good thing for the SID to do.

I do not think we should win the NC every year, but the fall that the program has seen is pretty steep and can't be brushed under the rug with a few excuses.

Guest BS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    do you know what malcolm butler's job is?

as media relations director, it's his job to paint tech athletics in a positive light -- to spin things. that's what he was doing. for you to say butler needs to be run out of town shows just how clueless you are.

If not accepting the fact that our explanation for the decline of our program under Long is that we are not getting worse everybody else is getting better and if not being happy when our Media Relations Director's spin is we have no plan for getting better and the sooner everybody gets use to us sucking the better for all of us... then your right I am clueless.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Why is spinning mediocrity acceptable? Because the Louisiana Tech fans are mediocre at best. Put your money where mouth is or just whine and complain.

www.latechchamps.com

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

then you're right I am clueless.
    I edited your you're for you. I wanted you to be correct when you're clueless.

I'll have to defend Malcolm on his comments/spin/opinion. Since he's around the action probably much more than you I guess he might have an educated opinion or two. May not agree with yours but hey that's life.

I'm sorry Malcolm's spin didn't jive with your spin. But it's kinda silly you want HIM to lose his job over that. One day when you're SAC of the world I guess you can make those decisions.

(Disclaimer: Malcolm Butler is a friend of mine and a professional in his job.) Gotta say these things these days in the spirit of transparency:icon_wink:.)
    So BS1994, what's your agenda with the Malcolm comments?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Fact is we should strive to be the number 1 team in the WAC in ALL sports. Personally, I miss the Techsters being a top 10 team but I would rather have an athletic program that wins the Commissioner's Cup every year than one Techsters team making the Final Four every 5 years. And truthfully we would have a hell of a lot more money in the athletic department if that happened.

His wording may be off a little but we need to consentrate on winning the WAC more than being a national power. IN ALL SPORTS!

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    We need to concentrate more on winning the WAC, in all sports, than solely concentrating on being a national power in women's basketball.
    Is this what ya mean? If so, I agree! :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    So BS1994, what's your agenda with the Malcolm comments?

No agenda just thought his comments were questionable. Sure he is a good person, just tired of losing at everything.

+ Reply to Thread