+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dooley: Long coming back

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Re: Dooley: Long coming back

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Some people are not going to be ready to give up their anger. The fact is that Long is our coach next year, our players have a LOT more experience, and we have some top prospects coming in. At this point, there are 2 choices:
    a. Get on board and cheer for Long and the Techsters.
    b. Continue anger at the situation.

I am choosing "A". I am ready to see some huge improvements. Today, though, I will be cheering on Fresno State against Baylor.
    Champ - Well, U & have always been 180 degrees apart so put me down on both counts opposite you again. I'm just gonna stay angry & I'm also gonna cheer for KM all the way!! Just hope she doesn't have to play KB until the finals 'cause we ALL know that I WORSHIP him!!

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

It's women's bball, who cares!?!?

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Long to return after disappointing season with Techsters - News Star

A new article has been posted on The News Star:

RUSTON ? Louisiana Tech Athletic Director Derek Dooley confirmed Friday that Lady Techster head coach Chris Long would return next season.

More...

Feel free to discuss it here

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

MG,
    I know you want to be angry, that is just part of your charming personality, I understand that the frustration you feel but he is the coach for another year, now if he doesn't win at least 20 games next season and we don't go to post season play then I will be right there with you on the run him out of town bandwagon but if he hits those benchmarks I will be the first to say give him more time.
    He is entering year four next season is the one that makes or breaks him here, in any program you have a four or five year plan and this would be the year that he has to have it all come together. Year four is the turn the corner year so everyone should be expecting a 20 win season.
    Again, as I stated in other post no matter what his record is this next season some are gonna still call him a wanna be coach no matter what. I could see him winning 25 games and people saying he was a bad coach but had better talent it is just the way some people are.
    2008-09 will be the season that saves him or the one that shows him the door, I hope for the program that he is here for a long time because if he fails that means that the program has failed and I don't want that to happen.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Doc - I stated a previous post that I'd be glad to kick in at least $100 & if we could find 999 others then we'd be there. Care to join me?? :icon_wink:
    Nope... my money's going to baseball.

Don't really care much about WBB's head coach. Pretty low priority in the scheme of things.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It is funny that so many of you come in this section just to state you don't like WBB. I don't see WBB fans coming on the baseball or football forums saying that. Grow up! If you don't like WBB or the Techsters, hang out in another section. It is not mandatory to even read the comments on here.

As for being angry about Long, anger is only going to make you miserable. I hope and pray that Coach Long is successful. That is what every Techster fan should be hoping now that it is known that he will be here next year.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Good post.

I still believe we are on our way, but even for those that don't believe that, what is the use in being angry. Cheer our conference mate on today against Baylor. Wouldn't it be something if Fresno is better than any of us think?

Dont you think we've been doing too much damn cheering lately? Cheer for Boise St in the BCS bowl, Cheer for Hawaii in their BCS bowl now cheer for Fresno St. How about cheering for LOUISIANA TECH sometime? It's people like you that indirectly accepts mediocrity with your ridiculous built in excuses. Beneath the surface, you're the worst of any fan of Louisiana Tech.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    It's women's bball, who cares!?!?

How about the people who actually wants to see Louisiana Tech win at something. In the past, WBB was our best shot to win a NCAA championship and that fact won't change in the near or distant future no matter how much you people lie to yourselves.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    Dont you think we've been doing too much damn cheering lately? Cheer for Boise St in the BCS bowl, Cheer for Hawaii in their BCS bowl now cheer for Fresno St. How about cheering for LOUISIANA TECH sometime? It's people like you that indirectly accepts mediocrity with your ridiculous built in excuses. Beneath the surface, you're the worst of any fan of Louisiana Tech.
    I tell ya what, don't cheer for Fresno. I will, but I could care less who you cheer for. It is funny that you care who I cheer on. Go close yourself in your room and cry. I think I will try my best to go forward.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Lets say Long gets a 20 win season, makes it to the turny again, and we lose the first round. I would say we need to set the bar higher for that next year and expect 2 or 3 wins in the turny. This one and done over the past 3-4 times we have gone is going to drive me nuts. Here is a good question ... When was the last time we made any kind of run?

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: Dooley: Long coming back

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    MG,
    I know you want to be angry, that is just part of your charming personality, I understand that the frustration you feel but he is the coach for another year, now if he doesn't win at least 20 games next season and we don't go to post season play then I will be right there with you on the run him out of town bandwagon but if he hits those benchmarks I will be the first to say give him more time.
    He is entering year four next season is the one that makes or breaks him here, in any program you have a four or five year plan and this would be the year that he has to have it all come together. Year four is the turn the corner year so everyone should be expecting a 20 win season.
    Again, as I stated in other post no matter what his record is this next season some are gonna still call him a wanna be coach no matter what. I could see him winning 25 games and people saying he was a bad coach but had better talent it is just the way some people are.
    2008-09 will be the season that saves him or the one that shows him the door, I hope for the program that he is here for a long time because if he fails that means that the program has failed and I don't want that to happen.
    It really won't matter what CL does next year to most of ya'll on here because U'd find a way to say "let's give him one more year" again next year!! That's ALL I heard about THIS year & boy, oh boy, at the improvements he made!! Good God, what denial!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    It really won't matter what CL does next year to most of ya'll on here because U'd find a way to say "let's give him one more year" again next year!! That's ALL I heard about THIS year & boy, oh boy, at the improvements he made!! Good God, what denial!!

And Champion 110 would be "Cheerleading" that movement. They don't even have to make the tourney next year. All they have to do is win one more game and Champion 110 is going to go nuts about the vast improvement and how Long deserves a 5 year extention for it. Pure lunacy and it really discredits any type of legitimacy this board has.

And Champion 110 would be "Cheerleading" that movement. They don't even have to make the tourney next year. All they have to do is win one more game and Champion 110 is going to go nuts about the vast improvement and how Long deserves a 5 year extention for it. Pure lunacy and it really discredits any type of legitimacy this board has.
    Yeah, it is all my fault. You are truly an idiot. Glad you feel that I have the power to either bring legitimacy or not to this board. I guess I am more powerful than I thought. Well..... in your eyes, at least.

Thumbs Up Re: Dooley: Long coming back

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Nope... my money's going to baseball.

Don't really care much about WBB's head coach. Pretty low priority in the scheme of things.
    Doc - Don't get me wrong - I also love baseball & even donated toward the scoreboard fund a few years ago ( or whenever it was ).

MG

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

How about the people who actually wants to see Louisiana Tech win at something. In the past, WBB was our best shot to win a NCAA championship and that fact won't change in the near or distant future no matter how much you people lie to yourselves.
    right now, we have a better shot at making a final four in men's basketball than we do in women's basketball. just go check the landscape of those two sports. there are cinderella stories every year in men's hoops. i'm still waiting on that first cinderella story in women's hoops!!!
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread