+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CL Fires the Stoehrs!!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down CL Fires the Stoehrs!!

Here's a quote ( that I got from a VERY reliable source ) that didn't make the newpaper article about DD keeping CL!!

Apparently that “direction” included the firing of Techsters assistant coach Scott Stoehr, which Long did on Friday afternoon. The status of Stoehr’s wife, the former Brooke Lassiter, who is also an assistant coach on the staff, is unclear. Both Dooley and Long said through media relations director Malcolm Butler that they would have no further comment on the matter.

So now I guess it's all THEIR faults!!! CL hired them in the first place, didn't he??

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-22-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Add Comment

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: CL Fires the Stoehrs!!

We don't know about Brooke yet. I would not imagine she would stay without Scott.

Why so grim, Gene? It either works out or it doesn't. If Long stays, we have to let him do what he thinks he needs to do. If he isn't allowed to fire and hire assistants, then he can't be held responsible for the product. I have no clue if this was wise or not - only time will tell.

As for Scott, I wish him the best.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

This reeks of "someone has to pay for this dismal season." This is a corporate move. It happens all the time in business. The CEO fails miserably, but his job is safe so someone else has to take the fall. It wasn't going to be Joni, without her, we would still be looking for a great guard....wait, we ARE looking for a great guard who is coming NEXT season...oh well, that argument doesn't hold water.

Long should have moved on. He hasn't. I will, again, hold criticism next season until it is deserved.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

This Dooley guy was supposed to be some vast improvement over Oakes. Sounds like business the business of old to me/

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    This Dooley guy was supposed to be some vast improvement over Oakes. Sounds like business the business of old to me/
    WRONG!!

Did you see Oakes take this action last year? The year before? Earlier this year?

Oakes is afraid of doing things. That's why he was an impotent AD.

Dooley will bring change and this is the beginning of that change. I agree that Long is not the answer, but when that many people agree that one guy is a problem, then he is probably a problem.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Here's a quote ( that I got from a VERY reliable source ) that didn't make the newpaper article about DD keeping CL!!

Apparently that “direction” included the firing of Techsters assistant coach Scott Stoehr, which Long did on Friday afternoon. The status of Stoehr’s wife, the former Brooke Lassiter, who is also an assistant coach on the staff, is unclear. Both Dooley and Long said through media relations director Malcolm Butler that they would have no further comment on the matter.

So now I guess it's all THEIR faults!!! CL hired them in the first place, didn't he??

MG
    That quote was in my edition of The Times.
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...028/SPORTS0202
    Paragraph 5.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: CL Fires the Stoehrs!!

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We don't know about Brooke yet. I would not imagine she would stay without Scott.

Why so grim, Gene? It either works out or it doesn't. If Long stays, we have to let him do what he thinks he needs to do. If he isn't allowed to fire and hire assistants, then he can't be held responsible for the product. I have no clue if this was wise or not - only time will tell.

As for Scott, I wish him the best.
    WHY SO GRIM, ??!! Because keeping CL for another year gives him a chance to bring the program down one more step so I'm looking for a sub-.500 season & at the rate he's going, that won't take much effort!! Then we'll REALLY be appealling to recruits, huh?? I've also been in the business world & know that this is just as FFA says - an attempt to pass the blame onto someone else in an effort to seem "strong" & in control. It was said that Brooke left the office in tears so I certainly wouldn't expect her to stay. IMHO, she deserves MUCH better than to be on a sinking ship guided by CL.
    Let's recap CL big moves, shall we? HIS recruits couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat; HIS game plans suck ( look at the results!! ); & HIS choice of the Stoehrs was a failure ( in HIS opinion! ). Now somebody tell me just exactly what this Matt Insell hiring was supposed to do for the Techsters??!! I never see his name anywhere but considering who hired him & that person's results, it might be a good thing for Mr. Insell!!

StrayDawg - Just WHAT action has DD done?? He's done NOTHING other than some "dog & pony" show lip service that CL is under the gun. Gee!! Way to step up, Dooley!!

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-23-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Add Comment

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    This reeks of "someone has to pay for this dismal season." This is a corporate move. It happens all the time in business. The CEO fails miserably, but his job is safe so someone else has to take the fall. It wasn't going to be Joni, without her, we would still be looking for a great guard....wait, we ARE looking for a great guard who is coming NEXT season...oh well, that argument doesn't hold water.

Long should have moved on. He hasn't. I will, again, hold criticism next season until it is deserved.
    FFA - Well, I'm going the other way & will continue to wage war against the CL supporters until it's out of my system. Then I plan on becoming the biggest supporter of Baylor's WBB team they've ever had!!
    Ooops!! I forgot to mention Okie State as well!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-23-2008 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Add Comment

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    FFA - Well, I'm going the other way & will continue to wage war against the CL supporters until it's out of my system. Then I plan on becoming the biggest supporter of Baylor's WBB team they've ever had!!
    Ooops!! I forgot to mention Okie State as well!!
    That should help.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

HMMMM, well I didn't see that comming, I wonder who he has on the side planning to bring in to replace those two coaches. I would have thought that Brooke would have been in charge of working with the guards since she herself was a top shooting guard when she played. I have to say that I am at a loss on this one but I just hope that whoever he brings in can build the guard play at Tech back to what it once was from the coaching stand point. I do know that having a husband and wife as employees is never a great move unless they are sharing the head coaching duties. I have always felt that no matter what job it was, guys there are two types of coaches, ones that have been fired and those that are going to be fired if they are around a program long enough. I hate to see us lose Brooke but if we do we have to hope that we get a quality person in her place.
    I really am not sure what Matt brought to the table as far as the coaching duties he was in charge of. Was he responsible for game film or did he do on the floor coaching as in offense or defense?
    I am not being a smart ass I really am not sure what he did. I know that Crenshaw is responsible for recruiting.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    WRONG!!

Did you see Oakes take this action last year? The year before? Earlier this year?

Oakes is afraid of doing things. That's why he was an impotent AD.

Dooley will bring change and this is the beginning of that change.
    I agree that Long is not the answer
    , but when that many people agree that one guy is a problem, then he is probably a problem.

Then why in the hell is Long still here? Dooley will be even more ineffective as you say Oakes was. At least Oakes had the time to study problems and work them out, Dooley won't even have that.

That should help.
    Champ - It certainly will help my shot at cheering for a team who will be making the NCAA's!! Can YOU say that after the past 2 years of CL "leadership"???
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-23-2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Add Comment

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    Then why in the hell is Long still here? Dooley will be even more ineffective as you say Oakes was. At least Oakes had the time to study problems and work them out, Dooley won't even have that.
    100K is the easy answer to that question. With the other moves made in programs that CAN pay the bills, this was not the time to spend money we don't have to fix a program that brings NOTHING to the financial table. That's the easy answer and most of us would've made the same decision if we thought with our heads and not our hearts.

I wish Long would've voluntarily left but that didn't happen.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

why not? don't see any reason why she wouldn't stay. she should be happy to have a job. this is one reason you don't hire spouses / package deals. bad hire by long from the beginning.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

the other thing is she IS a lady techster through and through; it would be very difficult for her to just walk away (not saying she will not).

and i agree with you omaha, tough thing to hire a couple; presents lots of opportunities for tension

+ Reply to Thread