+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Representing Tech like all the rest

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Representing Tech like all the rest

So it seems obvious now, our baseball team sucks and was highly over rated in the pre- season. How typical to get our hopes up after all the other inferior performing teams only to have baseball fall on its face.

Of all the atheletes I think baseball players have the most tender psychies. I think it comes from years of pampering by parents and youth league coaches. Evidently Tech has recruited a bunch of guys that don't really have the skills and determination to win.

I'm sick of big hyped guys who just don't perform when the time comes.

Come on Tech...grow some and get the job done!

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Re: Representing Tech like all the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    So it seems obvious now, our baseball team sucks and was highly over rated in the pre- season. How typical to get our hopes up after all the other inferior performing teams only to have baseball fall on its face.

Of all the atheletes I think baseball players have the most tender psychies. I think it comes from years of pampering by parents and youth league coaches. Evidently Tech has recruited a bunch of guys that don't really have the skills and determination to win.

You probably didn't even know Tech had a baseball team till about a year ago.

Bulldog pickoff is an unknown

Have you ever played at this level in any kind of sports? If so how far did you play. This team has talanted players and they will come around. Don't panic!

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pickoff View Post
    Have you ever played at this level in any kind of sports? If so how far did you play. This team has talanted players and they will come around. Don't panic!
    I doubt it. And he's probably never even been to a Tech baseball game. I would say he's your typical bandwagon fan that doesn't know alot about the game but wants to get on here and say all the players suck b/c they lost a few games. Just my guess.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I do feel this team was overrated, especially the pitching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I could agree with you on that.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

What big hyped guys did we get? You act like we signed an A-Rod coming out of high school. I know we got some very solid players out of high school, but these kids worked to get this good. Jericho and Luke were drafted out of high school, but it wasnt like they were top 5 round picks. Good players, good talent, but it wasnt like these guys were no brainer studs coming out of high school. Matter of fact, I think most were shocked when Jericho came in and hit the ball like he did. These guys have developed at Tech and gotten much better than their high school resumes would have suggested. Anyway, you obviously dont know how baseball works (streaks are huge), and you dont know where this team has been and how far they have come.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I pretty much agree although I feel like the team minus the pitchers is fine. But pitching is what it's all about and we are weak there. Until that problem is fixed we are going to be an average team. There is no getting around it.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

100% Grade A prick. get a life loser
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Again, not to slight position players but baseball is what it is. It's about pitching. If this group turns it around the rest of the team is definitely a WAC Championship caliber group of players. Hammering the whole team isn't fair. .......It's also very early still. The pitchers could still get it together and we could make a nice run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Again, not to slight position players but baseball is what it is. It's about pitching. If this group turns it around the rest of the team is definitely a WAC Championship caliber group of players. Hammering the whole team isn't fair. .......It's also very early still. The pitchers could still get it together and we could make a nice run.
    Tree will get them rolling.

Bulldog pickoff is an unknown

I disagree with you It's about both hitting and pitching, somebody's got to score. It takes total team effort to win.

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

I still don't think we have seen much of our teams potential, except against Baylor. We are about to come around and start to dominate the conference.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Baseball is a unique game. Last years World Series Champion, the Boston Red Sox had a regular season record of 96-66. They won less than 60% of their games. They got hot when it counted and won the World Series.

OK, I know someone will think that MLB is different from college baseball and I agree that it is. However, take a look at last years College World Series Champion, Oregon State. They finished 6th in their conference (PAC10) with a 10-14 record yet they got hot when it counted and won the CWS.

It ain't over til it's over. GO DAWGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pickoff View Post
    I disagree with you It's about both hitting and pitching, somebody's got to score. It takes total team effort to win.
    Hitting sells tickets, pitching wins championships. You can manufacture a few runs each game by playing smart and with some situational hitting. I have played and/or followed baseball my entire life and I have seen a hell of a lot more averaging hitting teams with good pitching go farther than I have average pitching teams with good hitting.

Look at the salaries in MLB. Look at what an average pitcher makes compared to an average hitter. Why do you think that is?? Why can't you trade a player that hits .300/30/100 consistently for a pitcher that Wins 20 with an era below 3.50 straightup usually?? I have seen above average pitchers get drafted out of high school while some very good hitters on the same team didn't get a sniff.

I agree you obviously you have to score runs to win. Let me put it this way: It's a lot easier to score runs than it is to keep the other team from scoring runs.

+ Reply to Thread