+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Representing Tech like all the rest

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

Re: Representing Tech like all the rest

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Dissapointing weekend....Anybody have questions for the show tonight please post them here.

What will we change this weekend to get started on winning ways for conference?

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

Also i heard today that the first 2 games against nevada they knew what pitches were coming from our pitchers. something along the lines of their coach getting it from our catchers and sometimes our pitchers. one of nevadas players apparently told us for some reason, even though we still lost the last 2 games also. i was wondering how richard finally got hit hard in game one because hes done well all year.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latechsports! View Post
    What will we change this weekend to get started on winning ways for conference?
    I guess Sim will address that tonight on his show, but I don't expect a lot of changes. Like others, I become frustrated with some of the decisions Coach Sim makes AND I become frustrated with the way the kids play sometimes. Surely we all feel those ways from time to time.

However, one thing I've liked about Wade is that he knows who "his guys" are and he generally sticks with them. Heck, he allowed Bunting to work through an awful slump for several games this year because he knows the kid can hit. He seems committed to this righty/lefty idea, so I expect a certain lineup based on the other teams' pitchers.

As far as pitching, not sure how he might change the order, but I still expect to see JJ, Moseley, Knotts, and Luke as starters. Actually, I liked Falcon's idea about JJ on Friday. Makes sense, although his pitching has been a bright spot already, to pitch him before he's worn down from the weekend.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I guess Sim will address that tonight on his show, but I don't expect a lot of changes. Like others, I become frustrated with some of the decisions Coach Sim makes AND I become frustrated with the way the kids play sometimes. Surely we all feel those ways from time to time.

However, one thing I've liked about Wade is that he knows who "his guys" are and he generally sticks with them. Heck, he allowed Bunting to work through an awful slump for several games this year because he knows the kid can hit. He seems committed to this righty/lefty idea, so I expect a certain lineup based on the other teams' pitchers.

As far as pitching, not sure how he might change the order, but I still expect to see JJ, Moseley, Knotts, and Luke as starters. Actually, I liked Falcon's idea about JJ on Friday. Makes sense, although his pitching has been a bright spot already, to pitch him before he's worn down from the weekend.
    I believe he said earler he doesn't want to throw JJ on Friday b/c then he is taken out of the outfield the rest of the weekend
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I believe he said earler he doesn't want to throw JJ on Friday b/c then he is taken out f the of the rest of the weekend
    Admittedly, I don't understand all the subtleties that go with being a two-way guy, so you may be right. I just thought Falcon had a good point. But, this is why I'm in the bleachers. I have my opinions, but that's all they are.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Didnt say I was ready to quit. Will continue to watch the Techsters, Diamond Dawgs, Dunking Dawgs, and whatever freakin Dawg we call the football team. But I am tired of mediocrity from our very talented teams and 0-4 this weekend doesnt even reach the level of mediocrity. How about playing like knowing you are the better more experienced team and going out and proving it? Despite what some of you are passing off, this team is experiened and was supposed to not just compete but win the WAC. How many wait until next years are we going to have to listen to just because the man painted a fence around JC Love. If he is as good as he says he is, its time they put up or shut up. If your experienced team is getting swept by Nevada, than guess what? It's just as much the coach's fault as the teams.

that's probably the order of interest you have in these sports

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Didnt say I was ready to quit. Will continue to watch the Techsters, Diamond Dawgs, Dunking Dawgs, and whatever freakin Dawg we call the football team.
    Good man. We need more like us.
    But I am tired of mediocrity from our very talented teams and 0-4 this weekend doesnt even reach the level of mediocrity.
    2 of the games are 1 run games that come down to the final at bats. That's baseball. Getting blown out in the first 2 games sucks, but sometimes you have to look beyond the record to get to the truth.
    How about playing like knowing you are the better more experienced team and going out and proving it? Despite what some of you are passing off, this team is experiened and was supposed to not just compete but win the WAC.
    We had to replace HALF of our starting fielders. I wouldn't exactly say experienced... but they aren't "green". Pitchers should be stepping up, but they give up too many hits and the fielders are making too many mistakes.

I will say this: We have got to be the best 2 out, nobody on base hitting team in the country.
    It's just as much the coach's fault as the teams.
    THIS, I think, most will agree on. They all put on the Louisiana TECH jersey, and Louisiana TECH is the one losing. I'm sure that they will turn it on soon. I'm hoping that this 5 day layoff will really help relax our team and get them back on winning ways. I know that I'll be there to see it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Let's just face it -

In baseball and men's basketball -

WE ARE NEVADA'S BITCH....

Especially in Reno -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Let's just face it -

Especially in Reno -
    Not to mention our bowl-hopes being dashed by Nevada.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just face it -

Especially in Reno -
    They pawned us in football last year too. :bigcry:
    ________
    Big Brother Dicussion
    Last edited by latech; 04-29-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Let's just face it -

Especially in Reno -
    OWNED!!!!

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    that's probably the order of interest you have in these sports
    No because my number 1 interest would probably be the football team and I have no idea what we call them. I love the diamond Dawgs because they help get me through to football season.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Representing Tech like all the rest

Quote Originally Posted by latechsports! View Post
    Also i heard today that the first 2 games against nevada they knew what pitches were coming from our pitchers. something along the lines of their coach getting it from our catchers and sometimes our pitchers. one of nevadas players apparently told us for some reason, even though we still lost the last 2 games also. i was wondering how richard finally got hit hard in game one because hes done well all year.
    I heard the same thing....picking up the signs from our catchers is something that can be corrected with proper technique, but who is going to teach the technique? We don't have a coach that works with our catchers on techniques.College football teams have the budgets to pay a huge staff of coaches that can work with each individual category of positions in the areas of technique,etc. The baseball team gets a head coach,hitting coach,& pitching coach. That's it......if one of the coaches can teach better techniques to infieders,outfielders,or catchers on top of his other duties...that is a big plus. But in the real world it's not happenning.When a player hits the field his freshman year they are expecting him to be ready to go with very little instruction needed.The pro players need instruction and are constantly trying to improve their game. It's a shame it can't be done right in Division 1 baseball.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Let's just face it -

Especially in Reno -
    and football post 2004....

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Representing Tech like all the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    We are off to an 0-4 start, but... There are a lot of games left to be played. It's pretty obvious we need to win the WAC tournament to get into the playoffs. The great thing is the WAC tournament is in Ruston. I have confidence this team will come around. We may not be as good as we had hoped, but we're not as bad as we've looked thus far.
    We are at 13-10......about the same record as last years' 14-9 start.The bigger question is how are we going to finish? With the travel schedule in our favor the rest of the way,I like our chances to finish strong.

+ Reply to Thread