+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Watson: Long's reprieve bad sign for Tech - Shreveport Times

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Jimmy Watson: Long's reprieve bad sign for Tech - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

After a great deal of speculation by fans that he would be gone, Louisiana Tech showed it has little commitment to its women's basketball program by giving Lady Techsters coach Chris Long another season.

More...

Discuss the article here.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: Exellent Article Jimmy

WOW! I was surprised by this piece. It is very accurate. factual and on the money.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: Jimmy Watson: Long's reprieve bad sign for Tech - Shreveport Times

I wonder if the writer of this article will get red-dotted for basically saying some of the same things MG and I have said. Then again, I'm an ass, he isn't, so maybe he'll get a pass. Good article. Sadly accurate.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

That was an excellant article. There is no reason other to keep Long other than they simply couldn't care less about the program. What I was saddened to see in there though is that he has 2 years left on the contract - I thought he only had one.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

Is this not the same guy that implied we should be satisfied with the mediocrity of JB3 and JO? Why then is it not ok for the Techsters? Please note that I do agree with the article, we should demand better.

DAWGY

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Is Watson finally jumping off the Oakes ship by stating that Long was a horrible hire by Oakes? After all, Oakes is still AD.
    Or is this the first 'Dooley's no good' article for Jimmy?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Oh, and I agree. It was a very good and factual article.
    I wish he would have been writing things like that.

Welcome to "The Dark Side, Jimmy!"

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: Jimmy Watson: Long's reprieve bad sign for Tech - Shreveport Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    That was an excellant article. There is no reason other to keep Long other than they simply couldn't care less about the program. What I was saddened to see in there though is that he has 2 years left on the contract - I thought he only had one.
    He DID until the idiots ( Dumb & Dumber ) gave him a one year extension last year DURING some of the Techsters worst play!! Yet Dumber ( DR ) wouldn't agree to give KM that extra year during their negotiations!! Oh!! I fogot that I'm not supposed to bring up the past. Too many brilliant decisions to mention, I guess!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I hear that even FJ went to DR wanting (demanding) that Long be relieved of his duties....

I'm still not convinced that this whole "committment" thing is nothing more than a smoke screen -

And everyone knows what I think about the Dooley for AD hire -

Time will tell folks -

But this is much deeper than that - Long should have NEVER been hired in the first place, sometimes you get what you deserve and I think this is one of those times for DR....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Jimmy Watson can kiss my ass. While what he says is true, why wasn't he preaching this truth over the years when JB3 needed to go? Now that JOakes is leaving and Dooley doesn't kiss his ass, I guess he's going to take every shot he can at Tech's athletic department.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    ... I guess he's going to take every shot he can at Tech's athletic department.
    Really? I looked at it was more like "let me join those internet guys" thing.

And what kind of person wants some guy to kiss their Dirty Dawg A$$?...PERVERT!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Really? I looked at it was more like "let me join those internet guys" thing.

And what kind of person wants some guy to kiss their Dirty Dawg A$$?...PERVERT!

HEY!!! I didn't say for him to use his tongue.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Seems like it is all about money. We could not get the Coach we need for the money we have to offer. Stop complaining and help get the money.....Then we will get the Coach we need.....

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Jimmy Watson can kiss my ass. While what he says is true, why wasn't he preaching this truth over the years when JB3 needed to go? Now that JOakes is leaving and Dooley doesn't kiss his ass, I guess he's going to take every shot he can at Tech's athletic department.
    I had the same thought when I read the headline and the first few lines of the article. But, I do have to admit that it's strange in this case to not give any comment at all on the situation. The constant drama with players quitting the team and being kicked off the team is also worrisome.

+ Reply to Thread