+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jimmy Watson: Long's reprieve bad sign for Tech - Shreveport Times

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: Jimmy Watson: Long's reprieve bad sign for Tech - Shreveport Times

Wasn't Barmore the strong proponent for hiring Long in the first place? He was one of his best assistants and that is what I heard.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

He wanted long because he did not want Harper from TN running a techster program.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    ...Or is this the first 'Dooley's no good' article for Jimmy?

That's what I was wondering too...

"I hear that even FJ went to DR wanting (demanding) that Long be relieved of his duties...."

WOW, I am thunderstruck.....

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy Dog View Post
    Is this not the same guy that implied we should be satisfied with the mediocrity of JB3 and JO? Why then is it not ok for the Techsters? Please note that I do agree with the article, we should demand better.

DAWGY
    Was thinking the same thing, he must be a Techster fan through and through. Now some of the Techster fans can get a taste of what us football and basketball fans have eating for 3-4 years. I think Long should go, b/c he will be gone next year, so that means the coaching staff that he brings in to replace the ones he just fired will be in Ruston for 1 year also.

I can't stand to see head coaches get another chance. Seems like in all sports when a head coach does crappy, whether it be in NCAA or NFL, the head coach gets another chance by firing the entire coaching staff, when they are the ones who hired them. This is no different. CL has showed that he has little coaching ability, yet, he gets rewarded another year, just like Bicknell did for years.

This is par for the course for Tech Athletics.

I want Tech Thletics to dominate in everyting they do. Me, not being a die hard techster fan, won't lose sleep w/ CL staying like Bicknell and Richard did for years.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

+ Reply to Thread