+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Sums Up Long's Failure!!!!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: This Sums Up Long's Failure!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    So now I'm curious... what would you say if next year we go something like 25-5, win the WAC, make it back to the tourney (sweet 16 or so). Would you then just state that this last year truly was a rebuilding year and that the problem was that there was nothing in the cupboard due to the JUCO influx??

IMO, nobody's going to know what the real problem is for a couple of years.
    I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if Long turns the program around. I sure hope I get to admit that because that would mean we are winning. I don't care one way or the other who we get JUCO or not if we win.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: This Sums Up Long's Failure!!!!!

So now I'm curious... what would you say if next year we go something like 25-5, win the WAC, make it back to the tourney (sweet 16 or so). Would you then just state that this last year truly was a rebuilding year and that the problem was that there was nothing in the cupboard due to the JUCO influx??

Doc - Nope!! I've said from Day#1 that I have NO personal issues w/CL & also have no ego to bruise ( too old for that kind of s*** ) so I'd be the second person ( behind Cal&Ken ) to say that I was wrong to BOTH CL & Champ ( who has been preaching using HS recruits to build for the long haul ).
    However, MY point was that there was NOTHING wrong with CL using a FEW JUCO's to help sustain the program until his underclasswomen were ready. :icon_wink: Of course, given HIS lack of leadership skills ( IMO ) there's no promise that the recruits would EVER be ready!!

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-25-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Add Comment

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    Budke may have won here, but we all know he wanted to get heck out of Ruston as soon as possible. That's my problem with him. I understand how things work in the coaching world, and that everyone wants to move to a bigger and "better" job. IMO, he didn't give a crap about what happened here in his last few days. This is also the same coach who lost to Rice in the WAC championship by 20 points in his last season, but somehow everyone has forgot about that because by the grace of God we got an invite to the NCAA. This is the same coach who in that year was scared that he would be the coach who broke the streak, and they didn't watch the traditional selection show at the president's house.

I wish Budke the best at Ok State. I hope he is happy there because he for sure wanted to get the heck out of here. That's fine by me because having a coach who doesn't want to be a part of the team is worse than having a player who doesn't want to be part of the team, IMO.
    KB was here 5 or 6 years. We made it to the NCAA tournament without winning the conference tournament becuase we had a top 20 rpi.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Budke may have won here, but we all know he wanted to get heck out of Ruston as soon as possible. That's my problem with him. I understand how things work in the coaching world, and that everyone wants to move to a bigger and "better" job. IMO, he didn't give a crap about what happened here in his last few days. This is also the same coach who lost to Rice in the WAC championship by 20 points in his last season, but somehow everyone has forgot about that because by the grace of God we got an invite to the NCAA. This is the same coach who in that year was scared that he would be the coach who broke the streak, and they didn't watch the traditional selection show at the president's house.

I wish Budke the best at Ok State. I hope he is happy there because he for sure wanted to get the heck out of here. That's fine by me because having a coach who doesn't want to be a part of the team is worse than having a player who doesn't want to be part of the team, IMO.
    While I agree with much of what you've said, I think there is a HUGE point not brought up: WHY did Budke want to "get the heck out of Ruston as sson as possible."

Yes, higher paying job perhaps. But if you take into consideration the failings of Long and what seems to be lackluster support from the ivory tower, then maybe, JUST maybe, Budke saw the writing on the wall. You cannot argue with the FACTS that he was a major winner before Tech, he kept the winning tradition alive AT Tech, and has taken a program that was NON-EXISTENT to the Sweet Sixteen and a top 15 ranking.

Others can blame him all they want. They are short-sighted in my opinion. The faults of last year and this year are laid solely at the (fill in your own adjective) feet of Chris Long.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Doc, it has been couple of years and we should have a pretty good idea what the real problem is. It seems we just don't want to face or admit it. :bigcry:
    ________
    Kissing Advice Forums
    Last edited by latech; 04-29-2011 at 11:04 PM.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

I vote we cry more about Long still being here.

Thanks guys, you have it under control.

No seriously SHUT UP!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=jford;595399]I vote we cry more about Long still being here.

No seriously SHUT UP![/quote]

You nailed just how I feel. Thanks jford.

What is being accomplished by this now that a decision has been made? Some of this reminds me of the firemen who set fires, just so they can put them out and be a hero. If we don't win 2/3 of our games and play post season in 2008-09, I'll join the cry too. I understand the disappointment: My wife even gets down at our change of fortune. But this year is over, and a decision has been made. We have some special Lady Techsters on our roster, and I expect a big turnaround.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    [quote=jford;595399]I vote we cry more about Long still being here.

No seriously SHUT UP!

You nailed just how I feel. Thanks jford.

What is being accomplished by this now that a decision has been made? Some of this reminds me of the firemen who set fires, just so they can put them out and be a hero. If we don't win 2/3 of our games and play post season in 2008-09, I'll join the cry too. I understand the disappointment: My wife even gets down at our change of fortune. But this year is over, and a decision has been made. We have some special Lady Techsters on our roster, and I expect a big turnaround. [/quote]

I am with you, Russ.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Doc - Nope!! I've said from Day#1 that I have NO personal issues w/CL & also have no ego to bruise ( too old for that kind of s*** ) so I'd be the second person ( behind Cal&Ken ) to say that I was wrong to BOTH CL & Champ ( who has been preaching using HS recruits to build for the long haul ).
    However, MY point was that there was NOTHING wrong with CL using a FEW JUCO's to help sustain the program until his underclasswomen were ready. :icon_wink: Of course, given HIS lack of leadership skills ( IMO ) there's no promise that the recruits would EVER be ready!!

MG

Hey MG, I think you need to use more emoticons so we can understand the tone of your posts

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Budke may have won here, but we all know he wanted to get heck out of Ruston as soon as possible.
    I know alot of people DON'T want to hear or believe this - but so does DOOLEY...

His being named AD will not extend his stay in Rustown by any significant time -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

What if we gave him 2 million a year and a Bentley?

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I know alot of people DON'T want to hear or believe this - but so does DOOLEY...

His being named AD will not extend his stay in Rustown by any significant time -
    No sweat off my back...I don't mind him using Tech and vice versa as long as we get something out of the deal, i.e. winning football and basketball programs (which sets the other programs up for success as well) with some serious facility upgrades.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I can't think of a single coach that wouldn't leave ruston asap right now. We are having a bad year.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    No sweat off my back...I don't mind him using Tech and vice versa as long as we get something out of the deal, i.e. winning football and basketball programs (which sets the other programs up for success as well) with some serious facility upgrades.

I'm still waiting on the EXPANDED STAFF and NEW HIRES of qualified people -

Been almost a month and not a single hire -

When you do things on THE CHEAP, go get cheap results -

:icon_wink:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I'm still waiting on the EXPANDED STAFF and NEW HIRES of qualified people -

Been almost a month and not a single hire -

When you do things on THE CHEAP, go get cheap results -

:icon_wink:
    I think they will hire a COO type. After that, I expect few, if any, hires to expand staff. We are so stuck in a chicken/egg situation.

The general fan (not BBBrs) won't commit (give) until they see WINS and a serious commitment from the admin. The admin won't commit until they see the $$$ flowing from the general fan.

Someone has to step out on a ledge here.....

+ Reply to Thread