+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Sums Up Long's Failure!!!!!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: This Sums Up Long's Failure!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    I think they will hire a COO type. After that, I expect few, if any, hires to expand staff. We are so stuck in a chicken/egg situation.

The general fan (not BBBrs) won't commit (give) until they see WINS and a serious commitment from the admin. The admin won't commit until they see the $$$ flowing from the general fan.

Someone has to step out on a ledge here.....
    I guess the problem is we have a track record to judge the current administration on. Many people gave and gave waiting for the administration to step up until they got tired of giving.

Because of that they want to see results before recommitting.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: This Sums Up Long's Failure!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    While I agree with much of what you've said, I think there is a HUGE point not brought up: WHY did Budke want to "get the heck out of Ruston as sson as possible."

Yes, higher paying job perhaps. But if you take into consideration the failings of Long and what seems to be lackluster support from the ivory tower, then maybe, JUST maybe, Budke saw the writing on the wall. You cannot argue with the FACTS that he was a major winner before Tech, he kept the winning tradition alive AT Tech, and has taken a program that was NON-EXISTENT to the Sweet Sixteen and a top 15 ranking.

Others can blame him all they want. They are short-sighted in my opinion. The faults of last year and this year are laid solely at the (fill in your own adjective) feet of Chris Long.
    you can also blame the fact that he is from oklahoma and jumped at the chance to take his kids back home.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread