View Poll Results: OSU vs LSU - Who do you want to win?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • LSU

1 2.86%
  • OSU

19 54.29%
  • it's wbb....

8 22.86%
  • Ron Paul

7 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSU vs, OSU

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

LSU vs, OSU

Who do you want to win?

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LSU vs, OSU

I'm careless about wbb when it has nothing to deal with our Techster.
    ________
    Bmw r65
    Last edited by latech; 04-29-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Puppy parkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the ears parkedgourmet2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Who do you want to win?
    Can we have a 0 - 0 tie? Next week promises to be nauseating. I have a real dilema --- I always pull for LSU to lose, but I also remember .7 seconds and always pull for North Carolina to lose as well. Therefore, I may have to pull for Budke (who with Reneau, and Oakes began the demise of a program that I love). He did the best he could --- he just was not the wisest choice given the clout the program still had when Coach Barmore retired. But in his position --- who would not have jumped at that chance. Therefore, I guess go OSU!!!!!!!!! Who KNEW!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    I'm careless about wbb when it has nothing to deal with our Techster.
    Haven't U been reading all the posts on this board?? :icon_wink: EVERYONE knows that it's KB's fault that our program is in the shape it's currently in so OF COURSE it deals w/the Techsters!!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I went with option three since there was no option for "who cares?". Who cares is the correct response IMO.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Haven't U been reading all the posts on this board?? :icon_wink: EVERYONE knows that it's KB's fault that our program is in the shape it's currently in so OF COURSE it deals w/the Techsters!!
    I'm not on the bandwagon who blame the fall of our wbb program on KB. We all know he did leave a "good" enough team for CL the year after he left. That team went to the dance and won the WAC by a big margin. As our standard nowaday, it would be awesome and outstanding team/achievement. If it is someone to blame, it should be JO and DR - not KB.
    ________
    Expert insurance
    Last edited by latech; 04-29-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is, probably, going to be too obscure, but it is in my mind so I am posting it.

There once were two men that had a goal of climbing a hill. The first man saw a hill that was not too tall and he knew he could climb it fast. Plus, he was left with some great equipment to get him there. In fact, the equipment he had was state of the art. He got to the top of the hill in about 30 minutes and claimed victory as he staked his flag at the top.

The second man saw Mt. Everest. He knew others that had been up there before and knew that is what he wanted. He started out getting all the right equipment, because he believed that the equipment that he was left with was not going to help him get there. A few days later, he was at the top of Everest. He decided to pitch his tent and just stay up there.

The moral of the story is that you can get to lower set goals much easier, but they are never satisfying.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: LSU vs, OSU

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This is, probably, going to be too obscure, but it is in my mind so I am posting it.

There once were two men that had a goal of climbing a hill. The first man saw a hill that was not too tall and he knew he could climb it fast. Plus, he was left with some great equipment to get him there. In fact, the equipment he had was state of the art. He got to the top of the hill in about 30 minutes and claimed victory as he staked his flag at the top.

The second man saw Mt. Everest. He knew others that had been up there before and knew that is what he wanted. He started out getting all the right equipment, because he believed that the equipment that he was left with was not going to help him get there. A few days later, he was at the top of Everest. He decided to pitch his tent and just stay up there.

The moral of the story is that you can get to lower set goals much easier, but they are never satisfying.
    So in your "unique" language U're trying to say that KB was man #1 & CL is man #2. Yet BOTH of their goals were to win the WAC & advance as far into the NCAA tourney as possible. So apparently CL likes it at the bottom so much he wants to stay there??!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    So in your "unique" language U're trying to say that KB was man #1 & CL is man #2. Yet BOTH of their goals were to win the WAC & advance as far into the NCAA tourney as possible. So apparently CL likes it at the bottom so much he wants to stay there??!!
    Most of the villagers looked on and complained stating that man #2 was going backwards instead of forward. That was because he had to go back to the store and get more equipment.

Look, I DON'T KNOW what is going to happen. I got blasted for being too optimistic and hoping for the best. I am just a guy that loves Tech and loves the Techsters. I am just as disappointed in the last couple of seasons as the rest of you are. Whatever changes need to be made, I hope that they are made.

While we wait, though, I am going to cheer the mountain climber on. It is possible that the goal was too high, but that is something that we will have to wait to find out.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

While we wait, though, I am going to cheer the mountain climber on. It is possible that the goal was too high, but that is something that we will have to wait to find out.

Damn, I see the problem. We need BASKETBALL players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Damn, I see the problem. We need BASKETBALL players.
    CHC - Yeah, but they can't be TALL ones ( like the mountain in Champ's post ) because CL can't seem to recruit those!!

I don't know what tools are needed. I only have an opinion. My biggest hope right now is that we land some good assistants that can recruit and train.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

If Long is being compared here to the "second man" then the story falls flat on its face. The "moral" is that lower set goals are easier to reach. If that's the case, and the point of the post, then Long has set the goals as low as possible for the Techsters. He is, in fact, the first man. Let's hope the "second man" (or woman) that takes over reads Champ's story and takes us back to the mountaintop.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    If Long is being compared here to the "second man" then the story falls flat on its face. The "moral" is that lower set goals are easier to reach. If that's the case, and the point of the post, then Long has set the goals as low as possible for the Techsters. He is, in fact, the first man. Let's hope the "second man" (or woman) that takes over reads Champ's story and takes us back to the mountaintop.
    I know your opinion very well. I am ok with it. No need to argue about who is right. We both have to wait to see if we see improvement. I hope we do, but I don't know any more than you do if we will.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the women did away with playing games on homecourts.

+ Reply to Thread