+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Techsters lose basketball assistant to Alabama - News Star

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Techsters lose basketball assistant to Alabama - News Star

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Amazing. Fires one, leaves one in limbo, and two others jump ship. The two others, Insell and Crenshaw, were heralded by many on this board as great hires for the program.

The team has talent, the staff has talent. The leader doesn't.

Unfortunately, the ones paying the price are not the ones responsible for the problem.
    You wanted change. I thought would weren't going to complain for a while. Seems like I saw that in another post. We, obviously, needed to change some things. Just because it isn't the change you wanted doesn't mean that it won't be a good change. We now just have to wait to see who comes in.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    You wanted change. I thought would weren't going to complain for a while. Seems like I saw that in another post. We, obviously, needed to change some things. Just because it isn't the change you wanted doesn't mean that it won't be a good change. We now just have to wait to see who comes in.
    And you asked us to wait until the end of the season, wait to see if Long could prove himself. You asked us to not criticize while the season was going.

Maybe it should be the other way around. Maybe those of us complaining should do it more and do it loudly, and those of you saying "give it time" should be quiet for a while and let Long prove us wrong.

The positive stuff didn't hold water this past season. NONE of the predictions made came to be. It was an enormous failure.

Yes, you have a point, as do others, that Tech is STUCK with Long. It's not by choice, that is obvious. Yes, I wanted changed, as did others. The disappointing part of it is that the change that happened doesn't hold much promise of anything better next season.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

To kill the snake - you cut his head off -

You don't start at his TAIL!

Champ - I admire your tenacity, but I have been telling you since Long was hired this was a very bad mistake -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    And you asked us to wait until the end of the season, wait to see if Long could prove himself. You asked us to not criticize while the season was going.

Maybe it should be the other way around. Maybe those of us complaining should do it more and do it loudly, and those of you saying "give it time" should be quiet for a while and let Long prove us wrong.

The positive stuff didn't hold water this past season. NONE of the predictions made came to be. It was an enormous failure.

Yes, you have a point, as do others, that Tech is STUCK with Long. It's not by choice, that is obvious. Yes, I wanted changed, as did others. The disappointing part of it is that the change that happened doesn't hold much promise of anything better next season.
    I won't change my outlook. I have found that negativity is a pretty useless emotion for me. Add to that the fact that I won't stop posting and you get what you get.

I will now wait to see if the changes are for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    To kill the snake - you cut his head off -

You don't start at his TAIL!

Champ - I admire your tenacity, but I have been telling you since Long was hired this was a very bad mistake -
    You were not so hot on Mulkey either.

We have what we have. Hopefully, chopping the snake off right behind the head will serve the purpose. I think this comes down to what we get to replace what is chopped off.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I won't change my outlook. I have found that negativity is a pretty useless emotion for me. Add to that the fact that I won't stop posting and you get what you get.

I will now wait to see if the changes are for the better.
    Not asking you to change your outlook. Just pointing out what is obvious to some of us. Sorry, but in this instance, what you call being positive I call being unrealistic. No disrespect intended.

+ Reply to Thread