+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TKE House

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

Re: TKE House

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    As a matter of fact, I didn't graduate. It's no big deal. A degree wouldn't help me monetarily in my career. I thought about going through Rush, but realized I had enough friends without paying for more.
    So it sounds like you're saying that you turned down a good networking oppurtunity by not going Greek, and you also turned down another one by not graduating.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    So you're paying to have connections or friends when you graduate, no difference it is still contrived.

Frats are mostly for the privileged kids that have financial support from their parents. It's not a misconception it's the truth. When your're from a poor family and self sufficient during college you barely have enough money for tuition much less dues.

No problems with Frats, just consider yourself privileged to have the support to be in one.
    When I was in school, I worked a full-time job, went to school full-time, played music part-time, was a single dad, worked for LaTech baseball and was a TKE. I paid my own way on all of the above, thank you very much.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    When I was in school, I worked a full-time job, went to school full-time, played music part-time, was a single dad, worked for LaTech baseball and was a TKE. I paid my own way on all of the above, thank you very much.

Your Welcome

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Nad,

I think a party at the old ground is definitely doable. There are at least a dozen or so from my era that would love to get together there. I'll put the word out and see what we can drum up.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    You must have never had a KA on IFC come to your house to check out a party then
    No; I think there might have been an "IFC", but I don't remember them ever doing much of anything ?? Of course, the legal age was 18 then (and, rarely enforced), so I'm sure things must be a lot different now ....................................

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    So it sounds like you're saying that you turned down a good networking oppurtunity by not going Greek, and you also turned down another one by not graduating.
    I have a pretty extensive "Network" I work with. I earn an excellent salary and make more than I would have in my major (education). I have no regrets.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Nad,

I think a party at the old ground is definitely doable. There are at least a dozen or so from my era that would love to get together there. I'll put the word out and see what we can drum up.
    Sounds Great ! !

Can you schedule it so as to not interfere too much with the BB&B tailgating ?? If DFM and Marketdawg do another feast extraordinaire like yesterday, I'll be hard pressed to choose.

:icon_wink:

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

I knew frat life wouldnt be for me, but I think it's silly to look down upon frats or their members, or the benefits fraternities provide. Just because *you* couldnt take advantage of a frat and it's benefits doesnt mean frats have no benefit for anyone.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Nad,

You don't understand about "the old ground". It's a big open parking lot. If a goup gathers there, it is going to attract attention from the police. If you have alcohol, it's going to get taken and you will be made to leave. If you get an attitude, maybe worse.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Steve Quinnelly's daughter Jenny Quinnelly is over the Greeks now. In addition to the Greeks, she is in charge of spirit squads and the student government.
    I submit the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree...
    In her defense, I will say that she very expeditiously handled my concern about Regal Blues' habit of wearing their red outfits when we hosted a basketball opponent whose color is red.

You don't understand about "the old ground". It's a big open parking lot. If a goup gathers there, it is going to attract attention from the police. If you have alcohol, it's going to get taken and you will be made to leave. If you get an attitude, maybe worse.
    I'm thinking maybe you don't understand about "the TEKE's". Never have I known a more devious, cunning and deceptive bunch of dudes.

Dawgfan, I see you have changed your "location" from B.F.E. to "Living in a van, down by the river". I take it that would be in the Choudrant area (zip 71227) ??; but, there are no rivers around Choudrant. There's only Boggy Branch, Nealy Branch, Choudrant Creek, Chunk Creek, Schoolhouse Branch, Clear Creek, Jack Creek, Shaw Creek, and Caney Branch.

??

TIA for clearing this minor matter up. :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I'm thinking maybe you don't understand about "the TEKE's". Never have I known a more devious, cunning and deceptive bunch of dudes.
    Posting plans on a public message board to have a "kegger" on the old TKE lot is not very devious, cunning, deceptive, or for that matter...smart.

Living in a van , down by the river is a reference to Chris Farley... I know there are no rivers in Choudrant...duh, I live there.

Posting plans on a public message board to have a "kegger" on the old TKE lot is not very devious, cunning, deceptive, or for that matter...smart.

Living in a van , down by the river is a reference to Chris Farley... I know there are no rivers in Choudrant...duh, I live there.
    I'm not planning a kegger on the old TKE lot, but if Gonzo and crew were to pull it off, that would be BRILLIANT !! Quite a Stroke -- GO, TEKE's ! !

Chris Farley; def more cool than B.F.E.

I'm giving you some green to encourage you to attend the next BB&B tailgate. Looking forward to meeting you.

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

You old Tekes will be happy to know that your name still comes up in conversation a lot on campus. I think there might be 5 or 6 of you guys that are still in school because I still see tshirts being worn around every once in a while. There was a rumor going around last year that the national fraternity plans to recolonize in about 5 years or so, but I'm not sure how much merit there is to that. If Greek Row ever gets off the ground I'd bet they would recolonize.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    You old Tekes will be happy to know that your name still comes up in conversation a lot on campus. I think there might be 5 or 6 of you guys that are still in school because I still see tshirts being worn around every once in a while. There was a rumor going around last year that the national fraternity plans to recolonize in about 5 years or so, but I'm not sure how much merit there is to that. If Greek Row ever gets off the ground I'd bet they would recolonize.
    Not saying Greek Row is all a bad idea, but everyone with an interest in Greek life should know that Greek Row is all about ease of regulation. Tech's fraternity system has been a nightmare to regulate by Tech authorities since the houses are off campus and spread out. With a Greek Row, both concerns will be eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread