+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TKE House

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Re: TKE House

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    anytime....
    o.k.:

LINK

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Frats, what a waste of money and time, go find some real friends. just my personal opinion
    I have been as against frats as anybody but it isn't like being in a frat makes you a bad person. Frat life obviously attracts some bad people but don't forget that many influential people have also come from that lifestyle. They have an entrenched spot in universities and believe it or not do occasionally do some good.

Enough frat bashing because otherwise this discussion would never end.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I think overall the greek system at Tech has seen much lower numbers in both membership and the number of people going through rush as in years past. The trend seems to be not isolated to Tech, and other universities are also experiencing the same thing.

I was in a fraternity during my stay at Tech, wouldn't change it for anything. Made many life long friends who I've been able to stay in touch with more so than high school friends. That said, I don't necessarily think I would try to push my son or daughter to pledge when they go to college.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Frats, what a waste of money and time, go find some real friends. just my personal opinion
    Got cut on the first night, huh?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I think overall the greek system at Tech has seen much lower numbers in both membership and the number of people going through rush as in years past. The trend seems to be not isolated to Tech, and other universities are also experiencing the same thing.

I was in a fraternity during my stay at Tech, wouldn't change it for anything. Made many life long friends who I've been able to stay in touch with more so than high school friends. That said, I don't necessarily think I would try to push my son or daughter to pledge when they go to college.
    PA my brother!

Frisco makes an excellent point. I only stay in touch with one hs friend and although there are many brothers that I don't keep up with there are at least a dozen that I stay in touch with regularly. Especially now that I have renewed my interest in Tech football.

The most important thing that my greek experience gave me was a wife, whom I would not have met if not for a road trip with the guys and a degree. I knew no one on Tech's campus when I got there so I went thru rush for something to do and ended up joining SAE. I honestly believe I would have never finished college without my "paid for freinds" and the entertainment.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Well I didn't mean for this to turn into a discussion of the fraternal system. I was aware of the problems with the chapter. I just wondered about the house in general. I lived there for a couple of quarters. My reason for asking is I have several fraternity brothers that will be coming back for the MSU game and they were asking. In 84 when I pledged we had the largest class in the nation. It's a shame that we lost that spirit. I've got lifelong friends that came from being in a fraternity. I'm sure that I didn't have to join to make friends however the experiences we had make our bond stronger.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Yeah, whatever happened to Bodker and Baker?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Well I didn't mean for this to turn into a discussion of the fraternal system. I was aware of the problems with the chapter. I just wondered about the house in general. I lived there for a couple of quarters. My reason for asking is I have several fraternity brothers that will be coming back for the MSU game and they were asking. In 84 when I pledged we had the largest class in the nation. It's a shame that we lost that spirit. I've got lifelong friends that came from being in a fraternity. I'm sure that I didn't have to join to make friends however the experiences we had make our bond stronger.
    I'm surprised you as an alum didn't hear about it. Y'all didn't have an alumni newsletter?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Sigma Nu, Kappa Sig, KA, Delta Chi still going strong. ATO still around but with hardly any numbers. Uh...oh, SAE is around too, but with a house way off campus so they kind of get forgotten.

Got two new ones (Acacia and some other one) trying to get started up on campus as we speak. We'll see how they work out.
    I know we've never had numbers like the rest of campus fraternities, but ATO is doing well from the number we had during my tenure. They are up to around 25. For most of ATO's existance at Tech, we have been on the smaller side.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I honestly believe I would have never finished college without my "paid for freinds" and the entertainment.
    I went GDI. And I never finished. And I realy think that if I would have pledged that it would have kept me at TECH instead of everywhere else. (Mon-Thurs time was spent partying in Ruston and Monroe. Fri & Sat in Shreveport. Sunday was recover/laundry/drive back to Ruston day.) Plus I think if I was in a fraternity I wouldn't have chased that girl in Bossier that wasn't in/going to college. I think there would have been a few women at TECH I would have chased including my wife who was a KD at the time at TECH.

"That life" may noy be for everyone. But I think it does help more people than it hurts.
    After all, there were quite a few GDI's of questionable character too.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

My guys, SAE, are hanging in there. I've met some of the younger guys and they are good people for the most part. They are consistently in the top three fraternities-grades wise- and I have heard substantiated rumors of a fraternity row that will begin construction in the near future.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

The connections you make from a fraternity/sorrority can be very helpful. My sister being in the same sorrority as her boss definitely helped her score her first job (granted her MBA and 3.8 GPA helped also, but she was given the chance over candidates who were equally qualified). I was not in a fraternity, nor did I want to be, but I definitely see the benefits because of the large networking capability that you automatically have right off the bat. It is like a niche that gives you a leg up, but is much larger and stronger than other niches (sports or other orgs.) To say it is a waste of money is purely ignorant in more than one way.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    My guys, SAE, are hanging in there. I've met some of the younger guys and they are good people for the most part. They are consistently in the top three fraternities-grades wise- and I have heard substantiated rumors of a fraternity row that will begin construction in the near future.

Are they still asking for $1.3 million for fully furnished houses for the fraternities? Another deal breaker for us was that Tech flat out told ATO and KA that they would not buy our old houses from us.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I'm not on Housing Committe so I'm not sure about the details but it sounded like a deal had been brokered between the school and existing fraternities. I know we're hopeful that it does go through. I'm sure that if you called the IFC they could give you more info.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Anyone have any idea where frat row would be? It would really be nice not to have to worry about driving and worrying about a stray volleyball and then the angry eyes of some frat boys for actually driving anywhere near their house.

+ Reply to Thread