+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Other Assistants under Coach Barmore learned.......

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Other Assistants under Coach Barmore learned.......

Other assistants under Coach Barmore learned what it takes to be a winnner.

For example:
    Mulkey
    Curry
    Fortner
    Blair
    and yes even Budke.
    maybe more.

All of these coaches have moved on to have successful careers. They all learned from the best, Coach Barmore.

Did Long learn what it takes to be a winner?

Does he have what it takes to be a winner?

IMHO- Coach long is in way over his head.
    It will be painful to watch the Techsters until Coach Long is let go.
    I can't believe how far the program has fallen. It is very sad.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Other Assistants under Coach Barmore learned.......

The only thing I will say about this thread is this. I thought it was strange the way the coaching staff did their little huddle up at the beginning of time outs. That didn't reflect well imo. It appeared as if CL didn't know what to do and was getting ideas from the assistants.

Just an observation.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    The only thing I will say about this thread is this. I thought it was strange the way the coaching staff did their little huddle up at the beginning of time outs. That didn't reflect well imo. It appeared as if CL didn't know what to do and was getting ideas from the assistants.

Just an observation.
    Rabbid - Now that U mention it, that DOES seem strange. I also saw it but didn't give it a second thought. Makes ya wonder??????

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

lots of coaching staff do that. Just look at the games tonight. but what is said after the coaches huddle is what is important.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

This is a trend that a lot of coaching staffs are doing. Pat Summitt has been doing it for years along with many of the top mens coaches. Watch the games tonight and see how many coaches do the same thing. I am all for crticizing Long, but his main problems seem to be in preparation.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    This is a trend that a lot of coaching staffs are doing. Pat Summitt has been doing it for years along with many of the top mens coaches. Watch the games tonight and see how many coaches do the same thing. I am all for crticizing Long, but his main problems seem to be in preparation.
    Actually I hear preparation is what he is best at. He has the girls watching so much film they know their opponent more than their own parents. Long has the tools to be a good head coach. He just seems to need more discipline.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    Other assistants under Coach Barmore learned what it takes to be a winnner.

For example:
    Mulkey
    Curry
    Fortner
    Blair
    and yes even Budke.
    maybe more.

All of these coaches have moved on to have successful careers. They all learned from the best, Coach Barmore.

Did Long learn what it takes to be a winner?

Does he have what it takes to be a winner?

IMHO- Coach long is in way over his head.
    It will be painful to watch the Techsters until Coach Long is let go.
    I can't believe how far the program has fallen. It is very sad.

I will venture to say that Budke didn't learn much from Barmore that he didn't already know considering his success prior to coming to Tech and the fact that he was only with Barmore a couple of years. In Long's defense, I think he came along at a time in Barmore's career in which Barmore didn't have the fire and intensity he did when the other assistants you mentioned were learning from him. In fact, I'm probably wrong, but Long probably had nearly the same amount of tutoring from Budke as he did Barmore. How many years was he an assistant for Barmore and how many for Budke?

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Actually I hear preparation is what he is best at. He has the girls watching so much film they know their opponent more than their own parents. Long has the tools to be a good head coach. He just seems to need more discipline.
    AND emotion!!

MG

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exit84 View Post
    and yes even Budke.
    you cannot put budke on that list. the man was a winner long before he ever met leon barmore. check his history.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread