+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our choices

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Our choices

Seems to me that we have a couple of choices right now and a few things that are out of our control.

Fact 1: Chris Long is the coach of the Lady Techsters this coming year. It doesn't matter how much you complain or how much need you have to try to convince everyone that it is not a good idea. It is done.

Fact 2: The Lady Techsters will play their schedule next year and try their best. What the result will be is pretty much out of our control.

Fact 3: There are some assistants to be hired. We don't know who or when, but that is fun to speculate about.

Choice 1: We can choose to be sour about everything and continue to complain about Chris, D.R., J.O., D.D, Budke, or anyone else that has anything to do with the Techsters. By choosing this, the only result that it could possibly net would be that of discouraging our recruits and making it that much harder to get the ones that all of us think we need. It, also, could have the result of discouraging our current players.

Choice 2: We can be as supportive as we possibly can be and try to be encouraging toward the coach and players. Even if this is chosen, it will have no impact on if the coach stays or goes. The only impact will be the encouragement that is given. It could have a positive effect and, most assuredly, will not have a negative one. The positive could be on a great recruit scouting around on message boards, which they often do.

It seems to me that, while we all want to get back in the National picture, we are doing the very thing on here that works toward preventing it. We are using one of our few REAL choices to possibly impact things in a negative way.

At this point, no matter how you feel about the coach, the decision is done. I have chosen to stay positive. I, by NO MEANS, am trying to tell anyone how to feel or what to do. I just wanted to state what I have chosen to do and try to explain the reason why. It certainly does not mean that I am not angry and upset that we are in the shape we are in. It DOES mean that I try my best to use my choices the best that I know how.
    Last edited by champion110; 03-27-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Our choices

Personally. I think it's all Bicknell's fault.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Personally. I think it's all Bicknell's fault.
    I was thinking Richard...

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Champ: I love your optimism. We need more people like you in this world. Too often there are more pessimists than optimists.

However, I prefer a realistic approach. Albert Einstein has a quote attributed to him that goes like this: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." I love all things Tech. I graduated from there. Tech was good to me. My mother teaches at Tech. I was a Tech fan from when I learned to walk, and I will always be a Tech fan.

Do I seriously believe Chris Long will bring the Lady Techsters back into the Tournament next year? Probably not. But I will still cheer for them.
    Do I think Chris Long is a lame duck coach next year? Probably. But I don't have any ill will towards him.
    Do I think Louisiana Tech University/Ruston is in desperate need of a complete overhaul? Definitely. And I pray it happens sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Champ: I love your optimism. We need more people like you in this world. Too often there are more pessimists than optimists.

However, I prefer a realistic approach. Albert Einstein has a quote attributed to him that goes like this: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." I love all things Tech. I graduated from there. Tech was good to me. My mother teaches at Tech. I was a Tech fan from when I learned to walk, and I will always be a Tech fan.

Do I seriously believe Chris Long will bring the Lady Techsters back into the Tournament next year? Probably not. But I will still cheer for them.
    Do I think Chris Long is a lame duck coach next year? Probably. But I don't have any ill will towards him.
    Do I think Louisiana Tech University/Ruston is in desperate need of a complete overhaul? Definitely. And I pray it happens sooner rather than later.
    Thanks revf,
    That was sort of my point, actually. My thought is that it doesn't matter what any of us think, it matters what we do. I certainly have down moments - full of pessimism and, yes, realism. I don't always post those thoughts, though. The choices I was talking about are the ones that we can control.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I don't know Champ, but he has got to be the most optimistic person that I have been in contact with. I feel that I am too, but I am also realistic. Not saying that he isn't, but Long sucks. he is the ultimate Lady techster fan. Champ - Are all left wingers like you, if so, I wouldn't cuss them as much?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Champ - Are all left wingers like you, if so, I wouldn't cuss them as much?
    Definitely not. :icon_wink:

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Good post - you said it all very well.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Angry Re: Our choices

Easy there, Skippy!! I've NEVER said that U've tried to tell me what to think or do so don't lump me in w/FFA in THIS area ( although I'm not so sure that he's also feeling the same way ). I also resent your IMPLICATION that I've just complained about CL & did NOT support the Techster players & A/C's!! I made it to 4 or 5 home games & am a CHAMPS contributor so back off there, my friend!!
    The point to these message boards is partially to allow people w/similar PASSIONS for a common subject to share their feelings ( either good or bad ). I've never known anything to come of discussions on any of the boards I've been on ( like getting a coach hired/fired ). I've been a Moderator on 2 car enthusiasts websites & know it can get heated BUT there are always 2 sides to each story. I know that U're always gonna contend that KB started this program's downfall & I know that I will state that I feel the polar opposite. There's room here for both of us.
    U say that players & recruits read these boards? Then perhaps dumba**es like DR do also. I know that he will not see me or probably any other individual members of this site to discuss our feelings about the current direction of the Techster program ( regardless of whether we blame him, JO, KB OR CL ) BUT MAYBE he will read some of the threads on here to get a feel of how the Techster nation feels!!??
    U have people like JFord who keep telling us to "let it go" about being stuck w/CL for the next year but I've never seen him tell the KB bashers the same thing ( & HE'S been gone for 3 years now!! ). He**, they're STILL complaining about Saban over on the LSU sites to this day. It ain't never gonna TOTALLY die so I say BACK to JFord - "get over it 'cause it's not going away"!!
    Am I ( personally ) happy that, IMHO, DD had a chance to show some balls & let CL go but did not? No, I am not!! Will I park my butt in a seat for as many games at the TAC next season as my work schedule allows?? Yes, I will!! Doesn't mean that I'm in NO means supporting CL & whoever he suckers into becoming his A/C's ( unless they're former Techsters who know how to win ) but I AM ( & ALWAYS will ) supporting the Lady Techsters!

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-28-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Add comment

MG,
    I only referenced you and FFF in that one statement. Don't know why you would think I was saying anything about your support.

In fact, I think I must have not been very clear on what I was stating. The main point was that it was very understandable to feel the way you feel. The choices were confined to what we do about it on here. If you choose to react one way, that is purely your choice. I may react a different way.

I apologize for putting your and FFA's names in the post. That was clearly not the point of the post and was just a sidebar. I am going to take it out. Thanks!

I will add that I truly believe that you and FFF LOVE the Lady Techsters as much as I or anyone else does. If you didn't, you would not take the time to post on here like you do.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Our choices

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I will add that I truly believe that you and FFF LOVE the Lady Techsters as much as I or anyone else does. If you didn't, you would not take the time to post on here like you do.
    Fair enough!

MG

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What about Southwood's coach, McDowell, I think his name is. That guy has won 10 5A state championships. Obviously, he's not a fluke. He might make a great assistant (X's and O's) and might be a candidate to be groomed to be HC some day. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What about Southwood's coach, McDowell, I think his name is. That guy has won 10 5A state championships. Obviously, he's not a fluke. He might make a great assistant (X's and O's) and might be a candidate to be groomed to be HC some day. Just a thought.
    Not a bad choice, but I think we have the X&O's. What we need is a BIG name to help with recruiting and a big-time motivator. Those are the two huge needs in the assistant coach ranks.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

McDowell as head coach would be a huge improvement. I don't see any assistant helping unless CL agrees to be the next Sonja Hogg on the sidelines.

+ Reply to Thread