+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our choices

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Our choices

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    McDowell as head coach would be a huge improvement. I don't see any assistant helping unless CL agrees to be the next Sonja Hogg on the sidelines.
    Actually, I think CL might do well if someone like TSpoon was yelling at the refs and getting everyone pumped up on the sidelines.

Remember, I am dealing with what we have and what could POSSIBLY change - not with what will not change this year. Our options right now are with what we need on the sidelines in addition to Coach Long. I think we need a lot of emotion and someone that has a recruiting edge with their name.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Actually, I think CL might do well if someone like TSpoon was yelling at the refs and getting everyone pumped up on the sidelines.

Remember, I am dealing with what we have and what could POSSIBLY change - not with what will not change this year. Our options right now are with what we need on the sidelines in addition to Coach Long. I think we need a lot of emotion and someone that has a recruiting edge with their name.

Ever the apologist aren't you? Chris Long was not the answer to this program when he was hired, hes not now, and he won't ever be. It does not matter what excuse you try to use to cover up his dismal performance, he simply isn't it. However, I know your shady type. You know Chris Long isn't the answer but you are distracting the posters by saying he could get better with this and that but nobody talks about Dooley's inaction. If Dooley was everything you guys made him out to be, he wouldn't put up with such mediocrity from the school's trademark. Dooley's inaction only proves that the decision maker is Reneau and no other. Dooley's inaction only proves that thing won't get better within this program, this ship remain the same just with a new figure head captain. You guys will join me in the near future with criticisms of Dooley. That is guaranteed.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    Ever the apologist aren't you? Chris Long was not the answer to this program when he was hired, hes not now, and he won't ever be. It does not matter what excuse you try to use to cover up his dismal performance, he simply isn't it. However, I know your shady type. You know Chris Long isn't the answer but you are distracting the posters by saying he could get better with this and that but nobody talks about Dooley's inaction. If Dooley was everything you guys made him out to be, he wouldn't put up with such mediocrity from the school's trademark. Dooley's inaction only proves that the decision maker is Reneau and no other. Dooley's inaction only proves that thing won't get better within this program, this ship remain the same just with a new figure head captain. You guys will join me in the near future with criticisms of Dooley. That is guaranteed.
    I don't have any problem with your opinion, but this thread is not about that. There are plenty other threads that are for complaining about things. I won't interrupt the party on those, so let's see if you can do the same on this one. I know that will be difficult for you, but give it a shot if you can.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't have any problem with your opinion, but this thread is not about that. There are plenty other threads that are for complaining about things. I won't interrupt the party on those, so let's see if you can do the same on this one. I know that will be difficult for you, but give it a shot if you can.
    champ --

once you make a post, you cannot control who responds and what they say. you always like to talk about how this isn't the thread for that. don't talk about that on my thread. blah blah blah. don't try to control what other people post!
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    champ --

once you make a post, you cannot control who responds and what they say. you always like to talk about how this isn't the thread for that. don't talk about that on my thread. blah blah blah. don't try to control what other people post!
    No problem.... It is all yours, Professor. We could ask for no bigger fan of WBB.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by barkinloud View Post
    you are a joke!!!! Dooley just got hired for less than a month and you already blame him for not doing this and that. If we have a decade to let Joake did all the shitty shit to our program, I'm sure that we would have at least couple of years for Dooley to turn things around. Why didn't you tell your master, Joake about CL's dismal performance before?
    ________
    Jeep dj specifications
    Last edited by latech; 04-29-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    you are a joke!!!! Dooley just got hired for less than a month and you already blame him for not doing this and that. If we have a decade to let Joake did all the shitty shit to our program, I'm sure that we would have at least couple of years for Dooley to turn things around. Why didn't you tell your master, Joake about CL's dismal performance before?

why don't you try reading a frickin post. It wasn't Jim's decision to make, it was Reneaus's just as it is right now. You ever powerful Dooley couldn't change what needed to be changed............a wrangling of power from Reneau.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    champ --

Just for humor sake, "isn't that what you're doing with this post?"

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Two things about Dooley as AD in regards to Long:

1). Given the fact that the Techsters were the youngest team in the nation, had key injuries, played a decent schedule and still managed a winning record is, by any standard, grounds to allow a coach another year. I am NOT a CL apologist. Just looking at the situation objectively, rather than emotionally.

2). And this is a little different perspective. I don't think DD cares about the Techsters. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I think Dooley doesn't want to be bothered about women's basketball and will always take the path of least resistance in dealing with WBB, and other non-revenue sports.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

1). Given the fact that the Techsters were the youngest team in the nation, had key injuries, played a decent schedule and still managed a winning record is, by any standard, grounds to allow a coach another year. I am NOT a CL apologist. Just looking at the situation objectively, rather than emotionally.

2). And this is a little different perspective. I don't think DD cares about the Techsters. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I think Dooley doesn't want to be bothered about women's basketball and will always take the path of least resistance in dealing with WBB, and other non-revenue sports.
    1) It further incriminates a coach if he's in his third year and has an inexperienced team.

2) No sport at Tech makes money for the university if you factor in all expenses.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: Our choices

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Care to elaborate what, in your mind, constitutes a "decent schedule"? What was our RPI again - 159 out of 338?? WOW!! We made it into the upper 50% I'm also NOT for scheduling LSU & Tennessee just to prop up our RPI while getting our a**es kicked!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-29-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Yes. Our schedule this season was the easiest in more than two decades. If we were still in the Belt, we would have finished several games under 500.

CL has already removed Tennessee from next year's schedule. I wouldn't put it past him to schedule lots of cupcakes out of conference in an attempt to get a better record next year. This kind of scheduling pretty much insures that you lose in the first round or two of the WAC tournament.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: Our choices

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    CL has already removed Tennessee from next year's schedule. I wouldn't put it past him to schedule lots of cupcakes out of conference in an attempt to get a better record next year. This kind of scheduling pretty much insures that you lose in the first round or two of the WAC tournament.
    LT - I thought it was Pat's decision to end the series?? Tennessee had passed us up MANY years ago but I understood that she continued the games out of respect for Leon.

MG

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    LT - I thought it was Pat's decision to end the series?? Tennessee had passed us up MANY years ago but I understood that she continued the games out of respect for Leon.

MG
    MG
    The article quoted Pat as saying she didn't think Tech was interested in continuing the series as a 2-1. IMO, Tech should be BEGGING to continue the series, even if we get our asses kicked, in an attempt to pretend to still be relevant.

+ Reply to Thread