+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our choices

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Our choices

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    MG
    The article quoted Pat as saying she didn't think Tech was interested in continuing the series as a 2-1. IMO, Tech should be BEGGING to continue the series, even if we get our asses kicked, in an attempt to pretend to still be relevant.
    We haven't managed to beat ULM in the past two years under the mighty CL's "leadership" so we're HARDLY relevant in WBB these days!!
    Glad U're back, FFA!! I've been kinda alone fighting off all these CL supporters!! Heck, I've even cut down on my emoticons!!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-29-2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Re: Our choices

I am a southwood alum and I think Mcdowell is a genius, but he is not college coaching material. He has very little people skills and I don't think he could convince top recruits to come here. As far as basketball knowledge goes, he has no peers. I also don't think he would be interested. He declined the LSUS head job a couple of years ago. I think he is one of those rare breeds who is happy where he is. Chad Mcdowell (no relation) was an ac under him for 3 years and attributes all his success to him.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Our choices

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I am a southwood alum and I think Mcdowell is a genius, but he is not college coaching material. He has very little people skills and I don't think he could convince top recruits to come here. As far as basketball knowledge goes, he has no peers. I also don't think he would be interested. He declined the LSUS head job a couple of years ago. I think he is one of those rare breeds who is happy where he is. Chad Mcdowell (no relation) was an ac under him for 3 years and attributes all his success to him.
    Sounds alot like Bob Starky @ LSU. He probably COULD handle the HC job ( he did fine filling in for Pokey after she was fired last year ) but he's happier doing the scouting & X/O work as their Associate HC. Hmmm. Now WHERE have we seen THAT term before??!!
    Just wish our current "HC" would admit as much!!

Big Dog barkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebarkinloud Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Two things about Dooley as AD in regards to Long:

1). Given the fact that the Techsters were the youngest team in the nation, had key injuries, played a decent schedule and still managed a winning record is, by any standard, grounds to allow a coach another year. I am NOT a CL apologist. Just looking at the situation objectively, rather than emotionally.

2). And this is a little different perspective.
    I don't think DD cares about the Techsters. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I think Dooley
    doesn't want to be bothered about women's basketball and will always take the path of least resistance in dealing with WBB, and other non-revenue sports.

I hope you are wrong. Because if you are right, Derek Dooley has no business being our A.D. I repeat "NO BUSINESS BEING OUR A.D.!"

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Two things about Dooley as AD in regards to Long:

1). Given the fact that the Techsters were the youngest team in the nation, had key injuries, played a decent schedule and still managed a winning record is, by any standard, grounds to allow a coach another year. I am NOT a CL apologist. Just looking at the situation objectively, rather than emotionally.

2). And this is a little different perspective. I don't think DD cares about the Techsters. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I think Dooley doesn't want to be bothered about women's basketball and will always take the path of least resistance in dealing with WBB, and other non-revenue sports.
    1. Surely you can't believe what you wrote there and think that it is acceptable.

2. I agree that he probably doesn't give a crap about anything but football, but he has one year to show that he can make appropriate decisions. If he can't at least make the best decisions for program and others that are not football then we are in the same place we have been for years.

+ Reply to Thread