+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dascoop...

Puppy bulldogfan isn't thought very highly of around herebulldogfan isn't thought very highly of around here

dascoop...

where are you, man? I would have gotten to this sooner, but I was in Denver on a job interview. Naw, I ain't leaving. Soooooo, I'm back. I was reading about the big guy Shawn O. and saw what you wrote....

"I agree, I thought there would be more excitement, this 2008-2009 team is looking to be if not the most talented, certainly the biggest. And from the looks of it, the coaching staff is not finished yet.

Here's da scoop on Oliverson....

Certainly another piece of the puzzle and a big body at a legit 6'10 and 245lbs plus, will definitely help Tech, will that help be immediate or in the future is yet to be determined.

Signed with and played in a handful of game at Cornell as a freshman in 2004. Then went on a mormon mission.

Was considered a project as a freshman.

Impacts the game as rebounder and shotblocker. Offensively limited, good hands and footwork and a soft touch. Lacks experience because he played high school basketball in Idaho, which means limited competition and not exactly a hotbed for basketball players.

Was ranked amongst the top 350 players in the country as a senior.

After spending the last two years on a mormon mission, his skills and body are yet to be determined. But if he is signed and sealed (which I cannot confirm), he has eight months before the season starts. WOW, he graduated in 2004-same as loe.

and earlier on another thread you wrote about Loe:

Quote:
    If you can read you should probably take the time to get to know our players and where they come from and what they bring to the court. loe has credibility as the #1 pg in oregon and #8 or 9 on the west coast in his high school years. he has earned respect as a d1 player, has played d1 before.
    Bulldogfan, let it go, just let it go. You are still talking about Loe's high school credentials in Oregon????? The kid was in high school 5 years ago. That was 2003-2004. Now I don't put a lot into rankings and stars, but it does give you some basis regarding prospects and Loe was at best a two star recruit out of high school, was not ranked in anybody's top 300 and was getting recruited by Eastern Washington, Portland, UC Santa Barbara, and Portland St.

Credibility???? Please..........

Daddy Loe, you need to start worrying about paying your son's tuition next semester instead of touting him as the "great point guard."

No offense, but nobody on the team, this year or next year is close to being "great" at anything." What gives you the credentials to evaluate anyone's contribution or being great at anything.

Both were 2004 graduates, wow-an issue with loe, yet just a passing comment on Shawn. ranked in the top 350 players in the country. and yet, didn't you do any of the research I told you was out there on the players this year: loe was ranked at his jr. year 97th in the country....tore his ACL the summer before his senior year, and kind of went off the map apparently. None the less, he was recruited by the ones you mentioned after his leaving D1 EWU and sat out another year due to injury, but in high school he was recruited by majerus and rupp (Utah) and Stanford who went as far as requesting his transcript and talking with him and his coach, but couldn't make the grades for Stanford, and was also recruited by Hawaii, Texas Tech and Cinncinati, until the injury.
    www.nbadraft.net/maurer005.asp #8 pg in juco
    www.breakdownmagazine.com/dailybreakdown/index.cfm?textID=672
    http://www.texastechfans.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t2163.html
    Rivals had him #21 PG and a *** player as of May 6, 2003 (Nationally)

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:iiGqm...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    Help - Search - Members - Calendar
    Full Version: James Loe
    TexasTechFans > All Forums > Basketball

He's listed 97th in the country on this list:

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:Hrn8Y...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    emmapeel
    June 20, 2003, 4:41 pm
    I read somewhere that James Loe, 5'10 guard from Oregon, is down to his final four teams. I also read somewhere else that there was high interest from Tech. He does say that he's interested in going away from home. I also read somewhere even more else that he's a neighbor of a poster on another forum and that he's heard Tech is recruiting him.

Any information? Is Tech one of the four teams?

Dascoop....we have bets running among us.....I'm still waiting because you will reveal your connection to whoever on the team......maybe you're a player, maybe you're a "bro" of the bench in waiting this year.....maybe you're an assistant coach but I doubt it. You didn't even know that Jamel didn't play pg at Nebraska and wasn't recruited to be a pg, but a shooting guard because he is so damn good at scoring or even why he was released from the team so if you are, you're not a very good assistant. So that makes me think that you're saying your spin with an agenda. Time will tell. But just fun fact finding here for someone who speaks out of both sides of his mouth, minuses on one player become pluses on another....interesting......
    Hey, for awhile, I'm free, if you need to get some info on someone let me know.
    Just to let you know it is much easier when they are known and the info is out there so I believe that my easiest fact finding was with Jamel, loe, rolle, and kenny. The others have la tech info but not much else across the board as these guys do. So go for it. wow, even loe, but his mom or dad probably paid the press, right?
    If you weren't so damn rude, we wouldn't have to go this far to show how you size one up, but I'm thinking it has to be more.....hmmm.....we'll see.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Re: dascoop...

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan View Post
    You didn't even know that Jamel didn't play pg at Nebraska and wasn't recruited to be a pg, but a shooting guard because he is so damn good at scoring or even why he was released from the team
    So you are Jamel's dad?

In all seriousness, dude just let everything fade awayyyyyy
    The only reason we ever said anything bad about Loe was to piss you off.
    I guess two weeks later you're

Puppy bulldogfan isn't thought very highly of around herebulldogfan isn't thought very highly of around here

Re: dascoop...

it seems to be me and you, buddy. Dascoop is not responding. I understand the most of the crap that was being blown around, but I thought dascoop took it over the top with the way he talked about a tech player and I happen to like watching that tech player, even more after I started my own fact finding, which very few seem to do, so like you respond to a..hole refs, I get sideways with a..hole "fans" that do what he did. Plain and simple.

We can all disagree with who we think are players....but I never trashed the players and always maintained they were better at different positions than they were playing. I thought they all did great considering the lack of size on the team and the inexperience of most. But if you read my post to him, then you know what I'm saying.

+ Reply to Thread