+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech golf course

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech golf course

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG View Post
    Hey, I remember that place. I was out there at "dusk" one time and "accidentally" fell in the water. Lo and behold, 5 or 6 hundred golf balls just hopped out onto the bank. And yes, the statute of limitations has passed!
    I was hoping that I was not the only one who had ever done that. :icon_wink:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I was hoping that I was not the only one who had ever done that. :icon_wink:
    You weren't. I got two of those football mesh equipment bags full of golf balls one night.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Ahh, good times, good times.

Puppy DAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really nice

I graduated four years ago and just ran out of my supply of "water" balls....

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I remember when they drained the front pond to do some maintenance on the bridge. It stayed dry for a while. Pretty soon after they filled it up, I saw a couple of black dudes out there fishing for about an hour.... I *Wonder* if they caught anything...

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I actually liked playing out there. Had some good times when they still had someone there to take your money. It wasn't in great shape back then but it has gone really downhill since then. I still try to sneak out there to play once a year. I wish they had the money to fix it up. I really like the layout.

For all of you guys saying you don't use drivers. not even on number 7?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Maybe we all could try and start up a mini-tourney out there on Saturday game days. Small fundraiser for the course.

Anyone that's run a tourney before, would this be reasonable and workable??

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Maybe we all could try and start up a mini-tourney out there on Saturday game days. Small fundraiser for the course.

Unworkable on gamedays -

That's tailgatin time
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Unworkable on gamedays -

That's tailgatin time

I don't know D. Early tee time before tailgatting shouldn't be a problem. I had some great times on that course.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

That course brings back memories.......I took my girlfriend (now my wife) out to teach her the game. We started on number 4, the par 3 by the parking lot. She swung 4 times, missed the ball every time, then launched my Ping 5 iron...........I took her back to her apartment. That was in 1990 and have never taken her to a course since. I was proud of the throw though!!!!!

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    That course brings back memories.......I took my girlfriend (now my wife) out to teach her the game. We started on number 4, the par 3 by the parking lot. She swung 4 times, missed the ball every time, then launched my Ping 5 iron...........I took her back to her apartment. That was in 1990 and have never taken her to a course since. I was proud of the throw though!!!!!
    Did you take her back home to show her how to properly hold a "wood"?

Varsity Bulldog PTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the roughPTDAWG is a jewel in the rough PTDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

I run the tournaments at Ruston Country Club. This is a good thought and idea but I don't think it would make enough difference success-wise. Several reasons why:

1) They don't have nearly enough operable golf carts there to hold a touney.

2) Even if you had 9-10 4-man teams you can't profit but possibly $1000-$1500 at the most.

3) TRUST ME!!! That amount of money will not do ANYTHING for a golf course. The Tech course does have an allotted budget and maintenence is kept up by Tech staff. The course will never improve because it would cost tens of thousands of dollars to make those improvements. The course is also not a high priority for Tech. It loses money every year.

4) Game-day!! I tried to have some last year for LTAC at RCC but it is hard to pull off. I may try a few things different this year like have one for the spring game.

5) It is hard to start a golf tournament for the first time and have success unless it is for a memorial tournament (someone unfortunately passing away).

It's sad but this course will probably not be under Tech much longer. They are not going to keep losing money every year with finances the way they are. There is even talk of selling it to Grambling.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Did you take her back home to show her how to properly hold a "wood"?

If memory serves me right........yeah right, like I remember sophomore year at Tech!!! Spring quarters were always a blast!!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Unworkable on gamedays -

That's tailgatin time
    For the 10 BBB hard-core guys, but you know that for a 6p kickoff, tailgating doesn't get good until at least noon.

For what it's worth, that was my first thought as well, but I just figured that we could get more guys to do this on a game day than just on any other Saturday. Didn't you and TECH77 and the guys always play 18 in Homer on gamedays??

Quote Originally Posted by PTDAWG View Post
    1) They don't have nearly enough operable golf carts there to hold a touney.

2) Even if you had 9-10 4-man teams you can't profit but possibly $1000-$1500 at the most.

3) TRUST ME!!! That amount of money will not do ANYTHING for a golf course. The Tech course does have an allotted budget and maintenence is kept up by Tech staff. The course will never improve because it would cost tens of thousands of dollars to make those improvements. The course is also not a high priority for Tech. It loses money every year.
    I can see the cart thing being a problem. Dang....

On the money thing, for a course like that, that little amount maybe able to START helping out... if nothing else get things a little better to sell to Grambling for a higher price.

4) Game-day!! I tried to have some last year for LTAC at RCC but it is hard to pull off. I may try a few things different this year like have one for the spring game.
    Never knew that.... gotta speak up and spread the word brotha!!

5) It is hard to start a golf tournament for the first time and have success unless it is for a memorial tournament (someone unfortunately passing away).
    I see. How about the Chris Long tourney out there??

Maybe the living guys like Ryan Moats, Luke McCown, Barry Robertson (come on Kat :icon_wink would want to get something small started??

Thanks PT. I appreciate your input.

+ Reply to Thread