+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech golf course

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Tech golf course

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    For the 10 BBB hard-core guys, but you know that for a 6p kickoff, tailgating doesn't get good until at least noon.

For what it's worth, that was my first thought as well, but I just figured that we could get more guys to do this on a game day than just on any other Saturday. Didn't you and TECH77 and the guys always play 18 in Homer on gamedays??

I'm gonna call BS on that one. Just because your mom doesn't let you out of the house on Saturday mornings until you've finished your chores which gets you at the tailgate so late, doesn't mean it's not good before then.
    Last edited by Dirtydawg; 02-13-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

For the 10 BBB hard-core guys, but you know that for a 6p kickoff, tailgating doesn't get good until at least noon.
    Dude.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Have you guys ever noticed that when you get there at 9 or 10 there's only a handful of tents??

The "10 BBB hard-core" fans was a slight exaggeration... but you should get the point.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Have you guys ever noticed that when you get there at 9 or 10 there's only a handful of tents??

The "10 BBB hard-core" fans was a slight exaggeration... but you should get the point.

It gets harder each game to get to the Slobberknocker spot driving around all the tailgate tents.

Go play golf while me and all your TAG buddies are hard at work making our tailgates the best.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I used a 3 wood on #7, it would roll a good bit. Take a 5 or 7 wood into the green. It was great when the wind was with you too, the ball would launch!

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I remember playing there back in the 80's. It was free then - just show your Tech ID. That is where I learned to play, and how to work a plastic worm accross the bottom of a pond to catch bass. I also carried a 4-10 in my bag during the fall in case I saw a squirrel while looking for my ball in the woods. Several of us (some who post on here) played a round in the snow once with orange balls. We played at least 3 times a week. I now belong to a very nice club, but I think of that Tech course almost every time I play. Good times. More good Tech memories.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

OK Doc, you and I will tee it up and let the hardcore tailgate early. Loser donates an agreed sum to LTAC in the name of the winner.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    OK Doc, you and I will tee it up and let the hardcore tailgate early. Loser donates an agreed sum to LTAC in the name of the winner.
    You better define "loser" because Doc may already lay claim to that title.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    You better define "loser" because Doc may already lay claim to that title.

Well we both fit that category in one form or another.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

GonzoDawg metioned that they had a day/night tournament there. I've always thought that would be a great idea. I would definately be in for that. If you guys ever decide to hold a tournament to support the golf course let me know I am definately in.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Well we both fit that category in one form or another.

I've been meaning to ask you how the beer brewing has been coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I've been meaning to ask you how the beer brewing has been coming along?

It's hit a stall, my garage fridge went out so I don't have any way to cool the kegs. I'm saving the money for a new one.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Still love playing out there. As soon as the weather warms up just a little bit more, I'm going to live out there.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Is there still a 5 iron in the tree to the left of #5 tee box? A friend of mine threw it up there in 1990 or 1991. Later that same week, another friend tossed his bag in the pond on #3.........I have never laughed so hard on a golf course in my entire life. He did fish them out...then drove home.

Spring quarter at Tech was always a blast

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

A tree next to the #5 teebox? I don't ever remember a tree to the left of the #5 teebox.

+ Reply to Thread