+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to change the direction of the Techsters

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Eek How to change the direction of the Techsters

As controversial as this is going to be, I am going to call something as I see it. Until someone with influence (BIG MONEY) steps forward and says, "We need to go a different direction with the Techsters!", not much is going to change. I submit the following evidence to back my claim.

Example 1: Jack Bicknell - Jack was the savior of the football team when he won the WAC in our first year in the conference. From that high, football began a slide backward. Jack lost favor with the Tech Fans who called for his head. He stayed another full season because no BIG MONEY Alumni stepped forward and said, "We need to take football in another direction!". As soon as they, Dr. Jarrell and Dr. Bundrick as I heard it, did, Jack Bicknell was GONE!! Enter Derek Dooley. Amazing how we got new lights, new turf, and a new coach all at once.

Example 2: Keith Richard - Keith led the Dunkin' Dogs for ten years. During his tenure, with the exception of the Paul Milsap years, the Dogs played along with basically the same talent level year in and year out. There was no BIG MONEY Alumni that was actively interested in the future of the Dunkin Dogs. As soon as a BIG MONEY Alumni, namely Karl Malone, stepped forward and said, "We need to take Men's Basketball in a different direction!", did anything change. Keith Richard was fired. Enter Kerry Rupp. Equally amazing is how we got a new court, renovated weight room, renovated locker room, renovated Head Coaches office, renovated basketball lobby and a new coaching staff all at once.

I know these thoughts will provoke controversy, but I firmly believe that is what it is going to take to see Long out the door and a talented coach take the reins of the Techsters.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: How to change the direction of the Techsters

I don't think it is controversial at all. I just think that right now they have let the program decline so badly that it will be hard to find someone that is not apathetic about it. IF Long goes next year, unless someone starts putting big time pressure on DR I don't think anything will change- he will do another "nationwide seach" to put in the easiest candidate that he can find with little regard for their ability or the program. I certainly hope that this is not true- but so far nobody with enough influence(money) has stepped up.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: How to change the direction of the Techsters

DEFINITELY a pattern formed & good observation!! We've already discussed ( semi-seriously, I guess, but I'M in for certain!! ) getting donations toward buying out CL's $100k contract.
    The biggest problem is finding a alumni w/a passion for the Techsters to put some pressure on DR. Obviously Karl was an easy choice to step up for MBB & I'm not certain who the ex-Bulldog FB'er was that helped get JB3 out the door. Since pro-WBB isn't a lucrative profession, not sure who has both a Techster pedigree AND deep enough pockets to make this happen. Maybe Karl will raise Cheryl's allowance!!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: How to change the direction of the Techsters

Instead of having the court running north/south, move it to where it is situated east/west.

+ Reply to Thread