+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Dominion

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Re: Old Dominion

Geez... Ask a question and get jumped on!

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Warning Re: Old Dominion

Doc - I'm not a real big follower of MBB but I know that Knight has ONE title as does Bobby Cox plus Pinella has won everywhere he's been. Heck, I've seen Coach K & even Dean Smith get fired up! About the only one I haven't seen blow a gasket would have been the great John Wooden.
    IMHO, today's athlete is much different from the past. They tend to be more cocky/confident & likely to try to see how much they can get away with ( or how far they can push their coach ). I don't wish to get into the differences between male & female jocks but simply look at the modern successful HC's in WBB. In this years Final 4 alone only Chancellor isn't emotional. Pat, Geno, & Tara ALL never sit down & prowl the sidelines. Go back a few more championship games to see Vivian & Kim do the same. Having played organized sports all the way to the D1 level ( yes, @ Tech! ) I know that I personally needed to see my coaches ( head & assistants ) get fired up & I WASN'T an emotional player ( more of the Borg/Sampras/Montana midset of "just doing what's expected of me" ). It does a player good to see his/her coach show some emotion if they want their players to do the same. Just my .02!!

Gene

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I can remember the crowd at the old Memorial Gym going wild when Tia would get sent in and immediately got an aggressive foul. Leon would look like he was all upset, but I wager that's exactly what he had in mind when he called Tia off the bench. You do what you have to do to get the players and crowd fired up and into the game. Crouching on the sideline looking nervous certainly doesn't do it.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Old Dominion

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    I can remember the crowd at the old Memorial Gym going wild when Tia would get sent in and immediately got an aggressive foul. Leon would look like he was all upset, but I wager that's exactly what he had in mind when he called Tia off the bench. You do what you have to do to get the players and crowd fired up and into the game. Crouching on the sideline looking nervous certainly doesn't do it.
    AH!! The days of the old "Kill, Tia, kill" chants!! She certainly changed the emotional level of the crowd ( if not the team also!! )

R.I.P. Tia and THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!

Question Re: Old Dominion

R.I.P. Tia and THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!
    I didn't know that Tia had passed away! Do U have any details as I counted her, Kim, Jennifer & Debra Rodman as friends of mine from our weightroom days. Actually, Debra just played around in there but man, was she a character ( much like her brother )!!

Tia passed away several years ago from a heart condition. She sat down in a chair to take a nap at her mothers house and never woke up.

Thumbs Up Re: Old Dominion

Tia passed away several years ago from a heart condition. She sat down in a chair to take a nap at her mothers house and never woke up.
    Thanks for the info. Thanks for the memories & R.I.P., Tia!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Geez... Ask a question and get jumped on!
    Sorry... your post was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Many people have stated this same thing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Doc - I'm not a real big follower of MBB but I know that Knight has ONE title as does Bobby Cox plus Pinella has won everywhere he's been. Heck, I've seen Coach K & even Dean Smith get fired up! About the only one I haven't seen blow a gasket would have been the great John Wooden.
    I'm not a big follower either, but some people seem to think that someone that doesn't coach that way can't win, and that if you do coach intensely, then you are destined to win. Coaching is about ALOT more than just intensity.

+ Reply to Thread