+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theory

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Conspiracy Theory

I have a conspiracy theory. Maybe the reason Derek Dooley was loathe to get involved in firing Chris Long and undertaking a search/interview/hiring process was because he had more important things to concentrate on. SPRING WORKOUTS maybe? How could he be distracted by Women's Basketball when he had HIS team to worry about? After all, isn't looking for a new QB more important than looking for a new basketball coach?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: Conspiracy Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    After all, isn't looking for a new QB more important than looking for a new basketball coach?
    I would vote yes on that.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I would vote yes on that.
    Count me in on this one also!!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Haven't you heard? This is all Reneau's doing because he didn't like dealing with Jimmy Watson...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

No "conspiracy" to it at all. Absolutely Derek Dooley should be concentrating on SPRING WORKOUTS much more than women's basketball! If the football team is horrible around midseason it is his hide everyone will be looking to skin, not the women's basketball coach's.

Puppy TuPaw is an unknown

AD/Head Football Coach=High School. Sweeten the Kool-Aid anyway you want!

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I see the Head Coach/AD tactic as nothing more than Reneau trying to keep Dooley around a little longer than if he were just getting the money of the Head Football Coach. Reneau knows better than anyone having power motivates some people, so, he gave Dooley a little more power to satisfy his already inflated ego. Like it or not, the AD job covers the ENTIRE athletic department. When a crisis, which Long clearly is, pops up, the AD has to deal with it. Unfortuately, Dooley put a bandaid on a sucking chest wound so he could concentrate on football. I see a MAJOR problem that has just reared it's ugly head for everyone to see. Some will turn a blind eye to it and some will see it for what it is. Either way, TECH is stuck with it.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

I am under the impression that if Chris Long had been fired, this years recruits would be free to negate their commitments. If this is so, then such a situation would have decimated the Techsters for at least two seasons and perhaps more. It appears to me without a transfusion of additional talent to the current mix, it may not matter who the head coach is.

Derek Dooley did not come to Tech to become an AD. He came to Tech to take the job of head football coach with his ambition on a future at a major university in a major football conference. Tech is just a stop on the journey. Is he using Tech. NO! Not if he turns Tech into a winner whatever conference we find ourselves playing in.

I agree that combining the HFC and AD jobs is high school. I am shocked that Dooley agreed to it. He will have to make many compromises between both responsibilities. Both positions will suffer. I also wonder how the other head coaches feel about this. This move may encourage others to seek employment elsewhere. IMHO its another "high school Harry move" by none other than DR.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

I was extremely shocked to hear that Dooley had been hired as the AD. I used to work at a university where they did that. Their mediocre football team went 2-9 that season and the football coach resigned as the AD. The next year they were one game away from winning the conference championship with almost all the key returners from the previous 2-9 season. Kinda makes you wonder what might have been. I want Dooley to succeed as a football coach, and I want our athletic department to succeed. I just don't want one to suffer because of the other.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I have a conspiracy theory. Maybe the reason Derek Dooley was loathe to get involved in firing Chris Long and undertaking a search/interview/hiring process was because he had more important things to concentrate on. SPRING WORKOUTS maybe? How could he be distracted by Women's Basketball when he had HIS team to worry about? After all, isn't looking for a new QB more important than looking for a new basketball coach?
    I see the Head Coach/AD tactic as nothing more than Reneau trying to keep Dooley around a little longer than if he were just getting the money of the Head Football Coach. Reneau knows better than anyone having power motivates some people, so, he gave Dooley a little more power to satisfy his already inflated ego. Like it or not, the AD job covers the ENTIRE athletic department. When a crisis, which Long clearly is, pops up, the AD has to deal with it. Unfortuately, Dooley put a bandaid on a sucking chest wound so he could concentrate on football. I see a MAJOR problem that has just reared it's ugly head for everyone to see. Some will turn a blind eye to it and some will see it for what it is. Either way, TECH is stuck with it.
    1. Imo, spring drills are more important than wbb right now. When they are done he will have more time for every other program. Remember, he didn't ask for this; word was he turned DR down the first time. I also think Long was safe because of his contract and returning players. If Dooley wanted to can Long all he had to do was pull the trigger and let his ad staff take applications until after spring drills.

2. So you know Dooley personally? I am one who wants my coaches to have an ego(often confused with confidence), especially when they go into a recruit's living room and tell him what he is going to do with this program. I was initially against him being ad, but now I think when he is in that living room and tells the family what he will be doing with our program he certainly has more crediblity and the power to get it done.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Is it a conspiracy to opt to not blow about 8% of the entire athletics budget on a wbb buyout?

The real conspiracy was the old admin prematurely extending his contract, which I didn't agree with at the time.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    1. Imo, spring drills are more important than wbb right now. When they are done he will have more time for every other program. Remember, he didn't ask for this; word was he turned DR down the first time. I also think Long was safe because of his contract and returning players. If Dooley wanted to can Long all he had to do was pull the trigger and let his ad staff take applications until after spring drills.

2. So you know Dooley personally? I am one who wants my coaches to have an ego(often confused with confidence), especially when they go into a recruit's living room and tell him what he is going to do with this program. I was initially against him being ad, but now I think when he is in that living room and tells the family what he will be doing with our program he certainly has more crediblity and the power to get it done.
    Very good point. Boy, you sure do surprise me sometimes.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I don't think any new AD(no matter who it is) would come right in a start blowing money on a washed up WBB program. If he did I would question his decision making ability.

Get used to Dooley showing "preferential treatment" to FB. ALL AD's who know what they are doing spend more time on FB than any other sport, its the money maker. Dooley isn't going to intentionally not do this just to disprove new posters theories of his biased. Hell yea he is biased, all AD's are!

OUR OLD AD WAS BIASED TO WBB! Give me a freaking break.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I don't think any new AD(no matter who it is) would come right in a start blowing money on a washed up WBB program. If he did I would question his decision making ability.

Get used to Dooley showing "preferential treatment" to FB. ALL AD's who know what they are doing spend more time on FB than any other sport, its the money maker. Dooley isn't going to intentionally not do this just to disprove new posters theories of his biased. Hell yea he is biased, all AD's are!

OUR OLD AD WAS BIASED TO WBB! Give me a freaking break.
    Very good point.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Is it a conspiracy to opt to not blow about 8% of the entire athletics budget on a wbb buyout?

The real conspiracy was the old admin prematurely extending his contract, which I didn't agree with at the time.

Our entire athletics budget is $1.25 million?

We actually blow more money by keeping CL than we do by replacing him. Increased attendance will pay his buyout in about 10 home games.

Your second point is excellent. Our President is inept.

+ Reply to Thread