+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ric Flair Retires!!!!

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Re: Ric Flair Retires!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Yep, I was kinda hoping that the Stinger would show as well. I was also disappointed that Hogan wasn't there. I'm middle-aged so I remember these guys @ Hirsch Coliseum & man, fake or not, they were showmen!!
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Slick Ric remain active as a manager ( remember Evolution? ).
    In any event - thanks for the memories, Nature Boy!!
    Middle-aged? With a degree in PE from '81 you're old. Just joking, got my PE in '84 (though I don't use it) so I'm not far behind.

I remember watching Flair some at the Monroe Civic Center. While it was entertaining back then they weren't near the atheletes they are today. I think some of the story lines and characters were a lot more developed (of course they could play the same topic over a few weeks w/o much change since the only way anyone knew was to attend multiple shows). I wasn't a big Flair fan back then but have really liked him since I restarted watching in the early 90s. Give me Mr. Wasslin 2 and the Assassin and I'd be happy.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    Give me Mr. Wasslin 2 and the Assassin and I'd be happy.
    Oh man Mr. Wrestling II Tim Woods ruled. Kneelift!

I know this is a Flair topic, but I think I could develop a pretty good argument for Dick Murdoch over Flair as the best I've ever seen, world titles notwithstanding. Captain Redneck just did everything right.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Dusty Rhodes, the American Dream, was the greatest with JYD not far behind.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Oh man Mr. Wrestling II Tim Woods ruled. Kneelift!

I know this is a Flair topic, but I think I could develop a pretty good argument for Dick Murdoch over Flair as the best I've ever seen, world titles notwithstanding. Captain Redneck just did everything right.
    Again off the Flair topic. Went to the wrestling match at the Shreveport Boat Show (can't remember if it was last year or the previous). Basically, Dr. Death Steve Williams puts it on. Hacksaw was also there. One of the matches feature ??? Murdoch. After the matches my son and his friend were talking with Dr. Death and Hacksaw when the Murdoch boy came over. Turns out he was Dirty Dick's grandson.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

Was that Trevor Murdoch that wrestles for WWE. Looks just like Dick Murdoch in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by localdawg View Post
    Was that Trevor Murdoch that wrestles for WWE. Looks just like Dick Murdoch in the ring.
    Nope a different one. When I meet this Murdoch over in Shreveport, Trevor was already in WWE. Trevor's not really a Murdoch but a Rhodes (don't think he's kin to Dusty).

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    Nope a different one. When I meet this Murdoch over in Shreveport, Trevor was already in WWE. Trevor's not really a Murdoch but a Rhodes (don't think he's kin to Dusty).
    Scott?

+ Reply to Thread