+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brook/Assistant Coaches

Bulldog LT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the ears

Brook/Assistant Coaches

Does anyone know what Brook has decided to do? Have any other assistant coaches been hired?

Puppy timmyutah is an unknown

Re: Brook/Assistant Coaches

longtime lurker...first time poster..

take it for what its worth.

NCAA division I Assistant Coach who has great west coast/midwest contacts....WANTS to come to LA TECH to help rebuild and return it to prominence, even if the job is only for one year...

not a sniff from Long.

thats too bad.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by timmyutah View Post
    longtime lurker...first time poster..

take it for what its worth.

NCAA division I Assistant Coach who has great west coast/midwest contacts....WANTS to come to LA TECH to help rebuild and return it to prominence, even if the job is only for one year...

not a sniff from Long.

thats too bad.
    Hard to figure out the motive of a first time poster with information like this. Why would someone want to come for only a year? Also, there are lots and lots of D1a assistant coaches. Is this one successful or not? Former player here?

You are going to have to give a whole lot more information. I would think if Long isn't paying any attention, he must have someone else in mind. Long's primary motive is to rebuild the program and he would have no reason on earth to turn down a true talent, unless he has someone else in mind.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

I heard Frierson already said no...Very interesting....I like Long but he is struggling right now. I still think he leaves before the season begins due to the pressure being applied to him right now.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info, RPH. That's the most exciting news I've heard about our program for some time.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Pat Summit wanted to come to Tech, but Long told her that he didn't need her. She even stated that she would come for no salary, but D.R. told her that he couldn't promise that he would keep her for more than 4 years. She wanted a 5 year guarantee with no salary needed. That was the deal breaker.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

the point?

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I heard Pat Summit wanted to come to Tech, but Long told her that he didn't need her. She even stated that she would come for no salary, but D.R. told her that he couldn't promise that he would keep her for more than 4 years. She wanted a 5 year guarantee with no salary needed. That was the deal breaker.
    Sounds familar!! :icon_wink: Good one, Champ!!

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

My 2 Cents:

I like Coach Long and wish him the best but when he reaches out to possible candidates and former lady techsters and they decline then it is time to move in another direction. Long may end up being a great head coach at another university or HS but this just wasn't the right fit for him right now for this time in his life.

I am sure he learned a valuable lesson on how to discipline and manage kids but once you lose them like he did the past two years then it is almost impossible to get back.

The decision has been made to keep him due to financial constraints but I believe he will leave if the right opportunity arises due to the embarassement this is causing his family and career. Time will tell but I bet he never makes it to 2008-2009 season. I think he walks.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: Brook/Assistant Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    My 2 Cents:

I like Coach Long and wish him the best but when he reaches out to possible candidates and former lady techsters and they decline then it is time to move in another direction. Long may end up being a great head coach at another university or HS but this just wasn't the right fit for him right now for this time in his life.

I am sure he learned a valuable lesson on how to discipline and manage kids but once you lose them like he did the past two years then it is almost impossible to get back.

The decision has been made to keep him due to financial constraints but I believe he will leave if the right opportunity arises due to the embarassement this is causing his family and career. Time will tell but I bet he never makes it to 2008-2009 season. I think he walks.
    RPH - And just what have YOU seen that the rest of us haven't to indicate he could be a "great college HC"?? I've stated for the past 2 years that, IMHO, he'd be a great AC @ a college ( including Tech ) or possibly a great HC at a HIGH SCHOOL but he's not enough of a disciplinarian ( to control ) or emotional enough ( to motivate ) college athletes. I'm sure he's a nice guy & a family man but, while those are admirable qualities ( & MORE important in a man's makeup than being able to do X's & O's ), he's just NOT college HC material ( again, IMHO ).

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I agree... There is tremendous pressure on him to improve the program. He lost his entire staff, now people are being interviewed and turning down the job. Sounds like a MAJOR problem for him.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Here's a tidbit of information that I have gleaned. I was told that the reason Scott Stoehr was fired was because he and Brooke approached Long about taking the program another direction. From what I was told, Long became very angry and fired Scott. He then told Brooke she could go too or she could stay if she wanted to. DISCLAIMER: I am only relaying what I ws told. It may or may not be true!! If anyone has heard anything different, PLEASE let us all know.

Thumbs Down Re: Brook/Assistant Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    Here's a tidbit of information that I have gleaned. I was told that the reason Scott Stoehr was fired was because he and Brooke approached Long about taking the program another direction. From what I was told, Long became very angry and fired Scott. He then told Brooke she could go too or she could stay if she wanted to. DISCLAIMER: I am only relaying what I ws told. It may or may not be true!! If anyone has heard anything different, PLEASE let us all know.
    Wonder what that direction was? SUCCESS, perhaps??!!

Long was told to make some changes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Wonder what that direction was? SUCCESS, perhaps??!!
    no .....Discipline

+ Reply to Thread