+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brook/Assistant Coaches

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Brook/Assistant Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    no .....Discipline

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Re: Brook/Assistant Coaches

I wonder if we could lure Kelly Jolly-Harper to come from Western Carolina University? Probably not since our program is in the toilet. We can't even get a former Techster as an ASSISTANT.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I hope for the sake of the program that we can get a Head Coach who will elevate us back to NCAA Tourney play. I miss the crowds at the TAC and the atmosphere of a Winning Team.

Puppy timmyutah is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Hard to figure out the motive of a first time poster with information like this. Why would someone want to come for only a year? Also, there are lots and lots of D1a assistant coaches. Is this one successful or not? Former player here?

You are going to have to give a whole lot more information. I would think if Long isn't paying any attention, he must have someone else in mind. Long's primary motive is to rebuild the program and he would have no reason on earth to turn down a true talent, unless he has someone else in mind.
    I know your a longtime poster and understand/respect the comment, but all I am doing is stating a fact. Don't want to give out anymore info as it would give it away to anyone reading the board who may have this persons resume, but it is a person who comes with recommendations from 3 division 1 head coaches who are well respected and who is just a good recruiter.

Wasn't trying to stir things up. Just stating a fact. I too wish to see the program return to prominence and even though I'm a outsider looking in, I still like the program regardless of the current shape it is in.

Puppy TuPaw is an unknown

Is there really tremendous pressure, as Dawgfan71227 makes reference to in her/his post, for CL to do better. If there is, where is it coming from? The AD? President? Members of this forum? Think about it!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by timmyutah View Post
    I know your a longtime poster and understand/respect the comment, but all I am doing is stating a fact. Don't want to give out anymore info as it would give it away to anyone reading the board who may have this persons resume, but it is a person who comes with recommendations from 3 division 1 head coaches who are well respected and who is just a good recruiter.

Wasn't trying to stir things up. Just stating a fact. I too wish to see the program return to prominence and even though I'm a outsider looking in, I still like the program regardless of the current shape it is in.
    I have no reason to trust you or not to trust you. It just seems that we have a whole lot of brand new posters that are stating "facts" with no profile of who they are. The only purpose Long would have in not even interviewing this candidate would be if he had someone else in mind, did not care anymore (which I find highly unlikely), wants to coach without any assistants, or this person was not up to standards. I can't think of a reason that Long would not even call a person like this back.

If it is true, it is true. Can you see how I would have my doubts?

Quote Originally Posted by TuPaw View Post
    Is there really tremendous pressure, as Dawgfan71227 makes reference to in her/his post, for CL to do better. If there is, where is it coming from? The AD? President? Members of this forum? Think about it!
    Yes there is pressure. It's ludicrous to think there isn't. I know the fans are upset and many are calling for a coaching change. I'm sure CL was given some tall expectations by DD to accomplish next season. The fact that he has no assistants and has to hire a new staff is tremendous pressure. If you don't think CL has pressure, you don't know much about college basketball and the politics at Tech.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

CL just needs to go to the top with this. Since Barmore got him the job, he needs to see if he can convince him to come back in an assistant capacity. That might get him a couple more to sign on as well.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I heard Pat Summit wanted to come to Tech, but Long told her that he didn't need her. She even stated that she would come for no salary, but D.R. told her that he couldn't promise that he would keep her for more than 4 years. She wanted a 5 year guarantee with no salary needed. That was the deal breaker.
    CHamp.... spoken like a true smartass.....there is hope for you yet

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    CL just needs to go to the top with this. Since Barmore got him the job, he needs to see if he can convince him to come back in an assistant capacity. That might get him a couple more to sign on as well.
    Would love to see Barmore as CL's Assistant. I wonder how long that would last before Barmore shoved him out of the way due to CLs clear lack of enthusiasm on the court?

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Brook/Assistant Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Would love to see Barmore as CL's Assistant. I wonder how long that would last before Barmore shoved him out of the way due to CLs clear lack of enthusiasm on the court?
    And I'd help!!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    I wonder if we could lure Kelly Jolly-Harper to come from Western Carolina University? Probably not since our program is in the toilet. We can't even get a former Techster as an ASSISTANT.

As an assistant...no way! We chose CL over her for the HC positon. I doubt that she would come her for even that now.

I NEVER said Kelly Jolly-Harper as an ASSISTANT... I was talking as Head Coach. I am one of the ones who would like to see CL GONE.

Question Re: Brook/Assistant Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    I NEVER said Kelly Jolly-Harper as an ASSISTANT... I was talking as Head Coach. I am one of the ones who would like to see CL GONE.
    That'd be worth a shot BUT I don't think KJH would take the position now having been passed over once before in our "nationwide search!!""

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by timmyutah View Post

Timmyutah, please ignore some of the comments of those on this board that seem to think that their opinions are vastly superior to other's opinions, especially the new posters. Everyone on this board is entitled to their opinions, but no one is entitled to be wrong in their facts or to present their opinions as fact. You will seldom see many facts, but an unlimited number of opinions. That is ok and it is what makes this board interesting. However, everyone that posts on this board should make every poster feel welcome instead of exhibiting arrogance. The more the better.

Timmyutah, may I take the opportunity to welcome you to this board, and I hope that you contribute many of your opinions, facts or whatever. Welcome my friend. If you notice, compared to some of the self appointed experts on this board, I am a newbie to. Please hang in there and share with us

+ Reply to Thread