+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brook/Assistant Coaches

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Brook/Assistant Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    That's not true. You know darn well it depends on what is involved with the information. So, are you saying that you don't believe that qb recruit from New Orleans is my cousin?
    I only believe you when picnic tables are involved.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I hate to see Brooke go... She is a class act. That's another thing that Leon tried to instill in his teams... Class ( I Can't say he was successful with every girl.... Debra Rodman comes to mind... )

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    I hate to see Brooke go... She is a class act. That's another thing that Leon tried to instill in his teams... Class ( I Can't say he was successful with every girl.... Debra Rodman comes to mind... )
    I loved Debra. She dropped out once to go to Beauty School and was talked into coming back. I remember her wearing big blue earrings in one game, until Sonja saw it and pulled her aside. She beat her brother to being outlandish, but her brother went over the top.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Speaking of class, here's a TRUE story... We were in Norfolk, Va to watch the Techsters play in the final four. Everyone was staying in Newport News at a motel on the beach. One afternoon several Techsters and fans ventured out onto the beach and were feeding the seagulls. Apparently wanting to sound classy, Pam Gant started calling them SeaGalls instead of Seagulls. Everyone got a kick out of that.

Puppy LT Techster fan is an unknown

I saw that Brooke's name is off the coaches list at the Lady Techster site. Any information on this?

I was told Brooke is gone. Right now there are NO assistants in the office.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Jennifer Roberts resigned from Baylor last week. She is a Tech Graduate and Shreveport native. I think she was a Lady Techster student manager at one time. She was the lead recruiter for the Baylor program. I am not sure if she would be interested in coming to Tech; however, it might be worth giving her a call.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Jennifer Roberts resigned from Baylor last week. She is a Tech Graduate and Shreveport native. I think she was a Lady Techster student manager at one time. She was the lead recruiter for the Baylor program. I am not sure if she would be interested in coming to Tech; however, it might be worth giving her a call.
    I believe you are correct that she has Tech ties.... Will CL make a call?

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Oh, come on!! Does she even know anything about basketball? Yes, she was a manager, but maybe she did learn something from KM. Just wouldn't seem like a good hire to me.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

E-mail Coach Roberts at J_Roberts@baylor.edu.

Jennifer Roberts begins her seventh season as an integral part of Coach Mulkey's coaching staff. She is a member of Coach Mulkey's original coaching staff, joining the program as one of her first hires.
    Roberts has proven to be a valuable member of the Lady Bear coaching staff. One of her main responsibilities is recruiting.
    "Jennifer is very comfortable with people. This has made her a top-notch recruiter for us," Mulkey said. Coach Mulkey hit the nail on the head in pegging Roberts as a people person. Her recruiting efforts helped the Lady Bears land three straight top 25 recruiting classes, including the No. 1 class in 2006 as rated by the All Star Girls Report. Roberts' solid recruiting efforts played a large role in Baylor's three straight NCAA Sweet 16 appearances and the 2005 NCAA national championship.
    Roberts also helps out during practices working with the guards. Additionally, she works closely with academic advisors assisting players with educational matters and serves as co-director of the Lady Bear Basketball Camp. The Lady Bear camps have grown tremendously since Mulkey and her staff arrived and a large part of the credit goes to Roberts.
    "Jennifer has proven to be an outstanding recruiter. She works well with our players and shoulders the responsiblity of monitoring their academic needs, a priority for this program. Her assistance with the players, both on and off the court, is invaluable," said Mulkey.
    "Kim provided me with an incredible opportunity that is as exciting to me today, as it was when I first came to Baylor 6 1/2 years ago. I was honored by her offer and her confidence in me," said Roberts.
    Prior to coming to Baylor, Roberts had been associated with Louisiana Tech athletics for five years. She served as assistant to the Athletic Director where her primary responsibility was game management, including NCAA Regional games hosted by the Lady Techsters. She was a manager for the Lady Techsters for four years and participated in virtually every aspect of the program. In addition, Roberts spent four years as assistant coach for a Shreveport AAU basketball team which participated in three AAU National Tournaments.
    Roberts graduated from Louisiana Tech in 1997 with a degree in health and physical education and has begun work towards a master's degree. The Shreveport, La., native is a 1992 graduate of Evangel Christian Academy where she played basketball for four years.
    "When you consider hiring a staff, loyalty is a priority," Mulkey said. "I've known and worked with Jennifer for a long time. She knows me well and knows how I like things done. When you are building a program you want people you can depend on, who have lots of energy and can get things done. Jennifer is that type of person. Also, her work on the floor with our perimeter players is outstanding."
    "As time passes, I recognize more and more what an honor and privilege it is to work for Kim Mulkey," said Roberts. "She challenges me each day to be the best that I can be at my job, and in life," Roberts said. "Kim has accomplished so very much throughout her career as she's progressed up the ranks. She continues to gain accolades that bring prominence not only to herself, but visibility and pride to this program. We all benefit from her achievements. Her knowledge and intensity constantly motivate us."
    "Living in Waco and working in the BU environment have added a new dimension to my life. The Baylor family, the community and all of the Lady Bear fans have embraced me, as well as my Louisiana family, particularly my parents. How wonderful to share such a strong sense of belonging with people who love and support Kim and the women's basketball program," added Roberts. Roberts and Macy, her blonde labrador retriever, reside in Waco.

http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/w...ennifer00.html

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Oh, come on!! Does she even know anything about basketball? Yes, she was a manager, but maybe she did learn something from KM. Just wouldn't seem like a good hire to me.

She was an assistant coach for 8 years and as lead recruiter pulled in top 25 and top 10 recruting classes for Baylor.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Besides being easy on the eyes let's hope she would come back to Tech & educate CL that we NEED to recruit some post players to go w/all those guards HE'S got coming in!! I wonder if she had anything to do w/that awesome HS post that Kim's got signed? Can't think of her name but someone posted a video of her dunking, dribbling & looking extremely mobile. Sure could use one of those here.
    BTW - did anyone notice that in Sunday's Parade magazine, none of these "all everything" recruits that have been touted as a great class as signed by CL were nowhere to be found on that magazine's HS All American teams? Maybe I missed them? Sure was depressing to see that most of them chose Tennessee; UConn; Rutgers; Stanford & Baylor to sign with.
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 05-13-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Puppy Scamp isn't thought very highly of around hereScamp isn't thought very highly of around hereScamp isn't thought very highly of around here

Sorry, Lady Techsters' fans. Jennifer Roberts resigned because of a very serious health problem. She will be remaining in Waco.

+ Reply to Thread