+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bendolph article

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bendolph article

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Sound like a good addition. Whatever happened with the girl from the volleyball team that joined the basketball team?
    That is Kara.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: Bendolph article

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That would be nice if she could develop into a real force. At least one of our new assistants will need to be someone that can work with post players and get them ready.
    Champ - I thought working w/post players was Long's forte'? At least that what he's given credit for on the Tech website ( working w/Cheryl Ford ). Makes ya wonder why he can't recruit one.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Champ - I thought working w/post players was Long's forte'? At least that what he's given credit for on the Tech website ( working w/Cheryl Ford ). Makes ya wonder why he can't recruit one.
    You need an assistant that can do this. Joni worked with our forwards and posts.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Bendolph article

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    You need an assistant that can do this. Joni worked with our forwards and posts.
    So basically she had NO ONE to work with?? Hey!! U KNEW THAT was coming from me!!!

Gene
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-04-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Who is to say that Jasmine Bendolph will not be a starter for the Techsters next year!
    She could be the missing link that this team will need to put smiles on our faces once again!
    If we are healthy, and now that we have some experience with some talented young players that are sure to be better next year than this past one; not too mention the depth of talent on the bench!
    If only the pathetic attitudes of so many of the fans don't rub off on the team they should do just fine and maybe if we are lucky just GREAT!
    The bright side to Long not achieving next year, is that any coach that see's the talent we have here and get's an oppertunity to come here to coach these incredible players and turned it down would be missing a great oppertunity!
    Let's play ball!

Eek Re: Bendolph article

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Who is to say that Jasmine Bendolph will not be a starter for the Techsters next year!
    She could be the missing link that this team will need to put smiles on our faces once again!
    If we are healthy, and now that we have some experience with some talented young players that are sure to be better next year than this past one; not too mention the depth of talent on the bench!
    If only the pathetic attitudes of so many of the fans don't rub off on the team they should do just fine and maybe if we are lucky just GREAT!
    The bright side to Long not achieving next year, is that any coach that see's the talent we have here and get's an oppertunity to come here to coach these incredible players and turned it down would be missing a great oppertunity!
    Let's play ball!
    I think I see where the "Blind" part of your screen name comes from!!:icon_wink: Everyone said the same thing about this past year's team ( "oh, they'll have another year of experience plus with all the new hotshot ( midget ) guards we've recruited then our bench depth will be great!!" ). Good God!! All the talent in the world isn't gonna lead us back to prominence IF they don't have discipline & leadership FROM THE BENCH!!!!!
    If these recruits & current players want to rub my nose in my "pathetic attitude" then all I ask is to win their way back into the NCAA tourney next year. THEN we'll WORK our way back into the Top 25 & hopefully eventually back into "elite" status. However, I've said it MANY times before & he has YET to prove me wrong - Chris Long is NOT the coach to do it!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-06-2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Add comment

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I think that it's going to take several things to mold the Techsters back into a playoff caliber team. 1) A new head coach and staff. I do not believe CL is the coach to rebuild the program. I feel like stronger recruiting falls into this area 2) A quality Center. The Techsters need some size and great hands inside the paint. Remember Pam Kelly, Janice Lawrence, Tori Harrison and Cheryl Ford? 3) Fan support. It's been sad watching the seats empty more and more at the games. There are other things that can be listed, but I think a new coach could solve most of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    I think that it's going to take several things to mold the Techsters back into a playoff caliber team. 1) A new head coach and staff. I do not believe CL is the coach to rebuild the program. I feel like stronger recruiting falls into this area 2) A quality Center. The Techsters need some size and great hands inside the paint. Remember Pam Kelly, Janice Lawrence, Tori Harrison and Cheryl Ford? 3) Fan support. It's been sad watching the seats empty more and more at the games. There are other things that can be listed, but I think a new coach could solve most of them...
    IMHO, if ya get #1 & #2 done then #3 will take care of itself. I can well remember the days of the packed TAC when even the men's team was winning. Before the 3 great years w/Karl, in a men's/woman's DH the stands would be packed for the Techsters then almost completely empty for the men ( even when Coach Andy Russo would virtually BEG the students to stay . ) However, when Karl became eligible & the Dunkin' Dawgs won their way into the Top 20 ( it was only 20 back then ) rankings NO ONE left the TAC after the Ladies played!! The 'Dawgs won & were exciting to watch ( as were the Techsters ). Even if the Ladies don't win 90% of their games, if they'll just play fundamental basketball & be fun to watch, the fans will come back.

+ Reply to Thread