+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Rock area crawfish boil

Puppy LR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the ears

Re: Little Rock area crawfish boil

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I will be starting work in Conway on Monday, May 5, so I will barely miss this event. But I will definitely be interested in the next LR event.
    Welcome to AR! Sorry to hear that you will miss the crawfish boil, but our next alumni event will be on July 19 for the Arkansas Travelers game. We had a good crowd last year for the pre-game picnic and baseball game. Look forward to seeing you there.

Today is the deadline to sign up so I will have a final headcount next week. There weren't that many folks signed up as of last week, so I hope everyone just waited until the last minute to do so and the numbers will take a jump.

Hopefully the rain will take a break for us on that Saturday.

Puppy LR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the earsLR alum seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by LR alum View Post
    Today is the deadline to sign up so I will have a final headcount next week. There weren't that many folks signed up as of last week, so I hope everyone just waited until the last minute to do so and the numbers will take a jump.

Hopefully the rain will take a break for us on that Saturday.
    I should clarify and say that today is the deadline to sign up for the crawfish boil next weekend. You still have plenty of time to sign up for the Travs game.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I should clarify and say that today is the deadline to sign up for the crawfish boil next weekend. You still have plenty of time to sign up for the Travs game.
    Is it up on the alumni site, the travs game?

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Is it up on the alumni site, the travs game?
    I think since they have added all of the "Future of Tech Athletics" events it has been bumped. The upcoming events only go through July 11. It should show back up on there really soon. There will be a postcard mailed out and I will also send email reminders to everyone in the area a little closer to the date. Hopefully we can draw a really big crowd for that day.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

LR Alumn, you got a count?

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    LR Alumn, you got a count?
    We only had about 15 people sign up for the crawfish boil. I for one am disapointed in the participation for this event, but am hopeful that the baseball game will bring better results. I really thought more people would have been interested. I talked to Ryan this morning and he thinks they may have the same problems with other upcoming alumni events all over (not just LR). With the cost of gas and living in general getting so expensive, people might not be willing to pay $22 a person for a Tech event.

I got several emails from alumni in the area that said they wouldn't come because of the cost. I hate to hear that but there was absolutely no way we could have done it cheaper. The alumni association was already absorbing some cost for the crawfish and the park rental just to lower the price for alumni.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I would definitely be interested in the Travs game get together. I may even bring my son to the event.

Looks like the crawfish boil is cancelled due to lack of interest. :-(

Whats with our tech alumns in this area...do they need a nice kick in the rear to get them involved.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

We only had about 15 people sign up for the crawfish boil. I for one am disapointed in the participation for this event, but am hopeful that the baseball game will bring better results. I really thought more people would have been interested. I talked to Ryan this morning and he thinks they may have the same problems with other upcoming alumni events all over (not just LR). With the cost of gas and living in general getting so expensive, people might not be willing to pay $22 a person for a Tech event.

I got several emails from alumni in the area that said they wouldn't come because of the cost. I hate to hear that but there was absolutely no way we could have done it cheaper. The alumni association was already absorbing some cost for the crawfish and the park rental just to lower the price for alumni.

And we think the Tech alumni are going to step up and increase monies to Champs, tickets, etc.

The vast majority of alums don't give a crap about Tech; it was just a community college for alot of folks. I better stop before I go too far down this road.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Well this is discouraging. And I hate that I contributed -- this is the 2nd time in a year I've had to miss a CenArk alumni event for an out-of-town trip.

I'm still convinced there are enough alums in this area to put together something special. Please keep on trying.

And settle down, olddog. It's just not the right time yet. We'll come around.

(Now I'm gonna stop ... I'm starting to sound like champion110, or something.)

I do regret that we had to cancel the crawfish boil this weekend. Ryan and I really debated back and forth yesterday about what to do, but there would have been a significant money loss had we gone ahead and had Shavers come cater and event for 16 or so people. It would have ended up costing more like $40 a person and we only asked folks to pay $22, plus the reimbursement of travel expenses.

We had a great response last year for the Travs game, and I hope the same happens again this year. It is a nice picnic and we had great reserved seats last year. There are a lot of alumni in the area and I strongly believe that eventually people will get more involved. I hope that I am not being overly optimistic about this. I have full intentions of continuing to plan events for the Little Rock area.

If anyone has ideas for events please let me know. I would be more than happy to try to accommodate your interests. Sorry again about the cancellation, but sign up for the Travs game on July 19.!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear y'all had to cancel. If you want to make the short drive to Memphis, our crawfish boil is May 10th.

Ways to RSVP:
    1) go to www.latechalumni.com and check out the upcoming events
    2) call Barbara or Ryan at the alumni center at (800)738-7950
    3) call Michael at (901) 237-8962

Louisiana Tech
    Memphis Alumni Crawfish Boil
    Saturday, May 10th
    1pm-5pm
    2520 Fox Hill Drive, Germantown, TN
    $20 per person (children under 12 eat for free. hot dogs will also
    be served)
    Bring your lawn chairs and cold beverages and come join us! There
    will be fun activities for the kids, so everyone is welcome.

+ Reply to Thread