+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aliens? Really??

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Aliens? Really??

Didn't feel Indy 4 at all.

Thoughts?

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

Re: Aliens? Really??

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Didn't feel Indy 4 at all.

Thoughts?
    I didn't like it either,

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

thought it was great and i laughed a lot. great pulp story straight out of 50's sci-fi. Had they made this 15 years ago it still would have been nazi's and something less sci-fi but since Indy is older and they staged it in the 50's, they went with the material that inspired the character in the first place...those pulp magazines and serials.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I just got out of it. I liked it. Loved all the "get to know the old Indy," but was a little, um, you know about the whole alien plot. Of all the movies, as unbelievable as they are, this on by far was the most. It was a good movie, but was a little below my expectations...simply because of the nature of the institution that is Indiana Jones. I was looking for a little more from a 2008 movie than the original 3.

But still, a must see.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

You know, I liked the plot line enough as I thought it went with the other movies. But, there were several scenes that totally ruined the movie for me. I can accept fantasy as long as the movie presents it as fantasy (ie, people obviously can't fly, but Superman can because he's got super powers, etc). However, when I see a movie trying to play as real and then do something ridiculous, it ruins the movie for me. The Tarzan scene, the jump into the river scene with the tree, the water fall scene, those all just ruined the movie for me.

I did like seeing the Ark though.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    You know, I liked the plot line enough as I thought it went with the other movies. But, there were several scenes that totally ruined the movie for me. I can accept fantasy as long as the movie presents it as fantasy (ie, people obviously can't fly, but Superman can because he's got super powers, etc). However, when I see a movie trying to play as real and then do something ridiculous, it ruins the movie for me. The Tarzan scene, the jump into the river scene with the tree, the water fall scene, those all just ruined the movie for me.

I did like seeing the Ark though.
    Add the end of the jungle chase scene when the vehicle drove over the top of the other with the heros in the bottom one, no roof, no injuries...umm, no.

I also liked seeing the ark, and knew who the "my mother's name is Mary" was going to be as well as who the kid would end up being. Called it. :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread