+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: American Idol

What will happen to my sweet little Jason Castro tonight?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I predict Bottom 3 will be
    Carly, Kristy Lee Cook, and Syesha.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I predict Bottom 3 will be
    Carly, Kristy Lee Cook, and Syesha.
    I'm tired of that Syesha girl. I didn't think Kristy Lee did too badly. Simon really doesn't like her though.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    David Cook nailed it again last night. The guy is a pro!
    man, i thought the way he did the song last night sucked and I actually like the guy.

4/16/08: watched it on youtube and i must say I liked it A LOT better than i did last night.
    Last edited by Choudawg86; 04-16-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

David Cook nailed it again last night. The guy is a pro!
    I totally agree. The way he did that song and the Michael Jackson song were both awesome.

For me, he has shown he can take songs I normally would not like and arrange and perform them in an updated, current format.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I totally agree. The way he did that song and the Michael Jackson song were both awesome.

For me, he has shown he can take songs I normally would not like and arrange and perform them in an updated, current format.
    I agree. Castro did a good job last night, as well. Brooke got hammered by Simon, but I thought she did great - until towards the end of the song.

My top 2 are still Brooke and David. I think tonight will be Syesha's last night - possibly, Kristy Lee Cook, though. KL Cook is not liked by Simon because she sings country. She did fair last night, but if you have heard Mariah Carey sing that song, no one can compare. The key is to change up the song ala David Cook and Castro.

I have to admit that I am not looking forward to David A. going home. He is like a 5 year old child and I think it is going to destroy him. There will be tears and, possibly, a complete emotional breakdown on stage.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I agree. Castro did a good job last night, as well. Brooke got hammered by Simon, but I thought she did great - until towards the end of the song.

My top 2 are still Brooke and David. I think tonight will be Syesha's last night - possibly, Kristy Lee Cook, though. KL Cook is not liked by Simon because she sings country. She did fair last night, but if you have heard Mariah Carey sing that song, no one can compare. The key is to change up the song ala David Cook and Castro.

I have to admit that I am not looking forward to David A. going home. He is like a 5 year old child and I think it is going to destroy him. There will be tears and, possibly, a complete emotional breakdown on stage.

My wife has been saying the same thing.

I was suprised Brooke was in the bottom 3 and Carly wasn't. I think Carly has a good voice but I don't think she's very good overall. Kind of like a guy who runs a 4.4/40 and is very strong but just can't play football. That's Carly with this competition. I can't stand any song she does.

I still have the same top 2 you do Champ.

I can't believe I let my wife get me hooked on this show. I usually hate this kind of stuff, but here I am watching it every week.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    My wife has been saying the same thing.

I was suprised Brooke was in the bottom 3 and Carly wasn't. I think Carly has a good voice but I don't think she's very good overall. Kind of like a guy who runs a 4.4/40 and is very strong but just can't play football. That's Carly with this competition. I can't stand any song she does.

I still have the same top 2 you do Champ.

I can't believe I let my wife get me hooked on this show. I usually hate this kind of stuff, but here I am watching it every week.
    Yes, I am the same way. I loathe reality shows, but this one hooked me in.

I was surprised about Brooke, as well. However, the right one got eliminated. Brooke can make up for it this next week.

Well, the wrong person went out last night. I don't see how dreadlocks is still in the competition. His number is coming up next, I am sure. Smithson being booted may be the best thing to happen to her. She can start working on being a star now - as we know she will be. This does cut down my guess that she and David Cook with be the finalists.

Oh, and Brooke made a huge gaffe on Tuesday, but it equated to her being human. Her likability scale went up. It may be her and David Cook in the finals now. Little boy, David A., still hanging in there.

Jason Castro may do very well next week with Neil Diamond songs as the theme. It should be interesting. I can see him doing Holly Holy or Red Red Wine. Or maybe Shilo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Jason Castro may do very well next week with Neil Diamond songs as the theme. It should be interesting. I can see him doing Holly Holy or Red Red Wine. Or maybe Shilo.
    The little boy might do well too. Brooke could change it up some and excel next week. And, you KNOW, that Cook will change it up. Syesha may be the one in trouble.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the wrong person went out last night. I don't see how dreadlocks is still in the competition. His number is coming up next, I am sure. Smithson being booted may be the best thing to happen to her. She can start working on being a star now - as we know she will be. This does cut down my guess that she and David Cook with be the finalists.

Oh, and Brooke made a huge gaffe on Tuesday, but it equated to her being human. Her likability scale went up. It may be her and David Cook in the finals now. Little boy, David A., still hanging in there.
    I thought for sure castro was gone last night. He and brooke obviously have quite a following which has nothing to do with talent. They are good, but not in the same league as David Cook and Carly.

I thought for sure castro was gone last night. He and brooke obviously have quite a following which has nothing to do with talent. They are good, but not in the same league as David Cook and Carly.
    I think Carly's song choice may have done her in.

I thought Jason would be going, but I was hoping it was that mealy-mouth Brooke. There is something about her I just can't abide. I like Jason Castro - I always did have a soft spot for shy boys - and he is so cute and charming.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Jason Castro sang the two best songs of the season I can remember. Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Brudda IZ and Hellelujah by Jeff Buckley. Besides that, the only other memorable song is David C's Michael Jackson and David A forgetting the words to a song.

I also remember that version of I Shout for Joy where they took out the word Jesus.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Really? Because I think Brook is much better than Carly. (not this week but usually) I think Carly has the best voice but that doesn't equate to being the best performer. Her song choice is usually hideous. Simon has said this a few times and I agree: She sings most of her songs like she is angry. I agree with Champion though that she could be a star. I think singing her own songs might really help her.

Doesn't matter though, David Cook is so much better than anyone else it's crazy. The rest of them are just fighting for second place.

+ Reply to Thread