+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JUCO PG

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

JUCO PG

I heard from a few people that we are looking at a JUCO PG to replace April Williams in case Whitney doesn't recover from surgery or the new girls aren't ready.

I understand that we don't have a true floor general on the roster next year and he is still looking.

I don't advocate cutting too many players but it sounds like we have too many COMBO/SLASHER guards on our roster and may need to release a few to get some BIGS in here next year.

I also heard he has performance standards to meet next year or he is gone.

Does anybody else have any updates?

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Re: JUCO PG

Doesn't suprise me. That's just what we need, another guard.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Unless she's about 6-2, mobile, agile and hostile.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Unless she's about 6-2, mobile, agile and hostile.
    That sounds like the Vol's Candice Parker. She is amazing. She can play everything from point to post and do it well. Don't think we will land anyone like that, but it sure would be nice to have a total star on the team.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    She can play everything from point to post and do it well. Don't think we will land anyone like that, but it sure would be nice to have a total star on the team.
    Champ, are you a little down with all this dreary weather? That was an uncharacteristically pessimistic comment from you.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    Champ, are you a little down with all this dreary weather? That was an uncharacteristically pessimistic comment from you.
    Nahhh I just think a player like Parker only comes around once a decade or so. She is the best "all around" player that I have seen in the Women's game. She is better than Holdsclaw ever was. I would be happy with a agile post player, a floor leader PG, and a really good shooting guard. Would love to have a big time star, but it can be done with a star team, as well.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Nahhh I just think a player like Parker only comes around once a decade or so. She is the best "all around" player that I have seen in the Women's game. She is better than Holdsclaw ever was. I would be happy with a agile post player, a floor leader PG, and a really good shooting guard. Would love to have a big time star, but it can be done with a star team, as well.
    Plus, she's easy on the eyes as well.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: JUCO PG

I'm with ya here about Parker vs Holdsclaw. I never thought I'd see a better player than Cheryl Miller then along comes Holdsclaw. Of course, as soon as I say the same about her Parker shows up!! Makes U wonder what the next big star will be like ( maybe that HS girl that has a video posted of her on YouTube of her dribbling & dunking!! ). One thing's ALMOST certain - Pat will get her to become a Lady Vol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Plus, she's easy on the eyes as well.
    Definitely! Of course, I have never noticed that. :icon_wink:

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

April Williams shouold have been DISMISSED from the team when she was ARRESTED. The fact that she wasn't shows me that the values and tradition of the Techsters has been lost on Chris Long.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Mean Gene

The young lady you are speaking of on youtube has already committed to Kim and Baylor if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    Mean Gene

The young lady you are speaking of on youtube has already committed to Kim and Baylor if I am not mistaken.
    You are correct. We had a thread about that a while back. That girl is a jewel in the making. She doesn't have the guard skills that Parker has, but I bet will continue to improve. I look at her more like Silvia Fowles at lsu.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    I'm with ya here about Parker vs Holdsclaw. I never thought I'd see a better player than Cheryl Miller then along comes Holdsclaw. Of course, as soon as I say the same about her Parker shows up!! Makes U wonder what the next big star will be like ( maybe that HS girl that has a video posted of her on YouTube of her dribbling & dunking!! ). One thing's ALMOST certain - Pat will get her to become a Lady Vol!!
    I still vote for Holdsclaw. She is the best I have ever seen and yes, I saw Cheryl Miller play several times including both games in Norfolk. She won 3 NC in four years. Until Candace does that, and she might, I'll still take Holdsclaw.

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I still vote for Holdsclaw. She is the best I have ever seen and yes, I saw Cheryl Miller play several times including both games in Norfolk. She won 3 NC in four years. Until Candace does that, and she might, I'll still take Holdsclaw.
    I think the Holdsclaw team was better, but I think Parker is the better all around player. Holdsclaw couldn't run the point, play as a guard, and play forward and post. This girl can do it all. Plus, she can do it when her shoulder comes out of the socket twice in one game.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

It ain't that hard guys. Five Jane Ellen Cooks on the floor would suit me fine.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread