+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs to miss playoffs?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Mavs to miss playoffs?

with 7 games to go, they are in 7th in the west.

denver is one game back and g-state is 2 game back. (the mavs beat them last night)

denver and g-st have to play each other one more time, but each of them still get to play 4 bad teams (kings, clippers, sonics, grizzlies). each team only has to play 2 more good teams.

the mavs have to play:

lakers
    suns
    sonics
    jazz
    blazers
    sonics
    hornets

4 of the games are on the road and the two games with seattle are the only games against bad teams. dallas has won two in a row, but had lost 5 of their last 6. with dirk not 100%, they might be out of the playoffs. they probably need to win at least 4 of their remaining games to get in.

the hornets (as a #1 seed or as a #2 seed) are likely to play one of the above three teams in the first round.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Mavs to miss playoffs?

MAVS will make the payoffs -- but probably won't last long.

Fri 04 @ LA Lakers
    Sun 06 @ Phoenix
    Tue 08 vs Seattle
    Thu 10 vs Utah
    Sat 12 @ Portland
    Sun 13 @ Seattle
    Wed 16 vs New Orleans

They should go 4-3, with Utah as the swing game. Either way Golden State won't pass the Mavericks. If the Mavs and GS tie, the Mvs get in as they won the season series.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Hollinger doesn't think they are that bad off. I'd like to think he is right.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...orecast-080403

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    MAVS will make the payoffs -- but probably won't last long.

Fri 04 @ LA Lakers
    Sun 06 @ Phoenix
    Tue 08 vs Seattle
    Thu 10 vs Utah
    Sat 12 @ Portland
    Sun 13 @ Seattle
    Wed 16 vs New Orleans

They should go 4-3, with Utah as the swing game. Either way Golden State won't pass the Mavericks. If the Mavs and GS tie, the Mvs get in as they won the season series.

They might go out in the first round. I wouldn't be shocked if they made it to the WCF either.

Popovic was saying the other day how this year there will be no upsets in the West despite the seeding. He said this is the first time since he was a coach that the #8 seed will be almost as good or as good as the #1 seed. The entire West is awesome. Let's be honest, if Dallas who was in the Finals 2 years ago, and won 67 games last year wins their first round matchup is it really that big of an upset? I don't think so. Hell the 8th seed in the West would probably be the 3rd seed in the East. The West is just very, very, tough.

Plus remember this recent losing streak was almost all very close games that could have gone either way. It'll be interesting to see how they finish. I wouldn't be shocked if they fell on their face or went all the way.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

And the New Orleans Hornets are leading the conference!!!!!!

What say you Mav fans now?

Sorry but I couldn't help it.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And the New Orleans Hornets are leading the conference!!!!!!

What say you Mav fans now?

Sorry but I couldn't help it.
    Who cares what Mavs fans say? They aren't rivals!!!!!!!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post

Laugh all you want but as much as you want to turn this into a rivalry for your own message board purposes it isn't. The fact of the matter is that most Mavs fans on this board would like to see NO do well, including me. So after the Mavs are eliminated I will be pulling for NO if they are still in it. As long as they aren't playing Dallas I wish the Hornets well.

Originally Posted by Bigdog13

Laugh all you want but as much as you want to turn this into a rivalry for your own message board purposes it isn't. The fact of the matter is that most Mavs fans on this board would like to see NO do well, including me. So after the Mavs are eliminated I will be pulling for NO if they are still in it. As long as they aren't playing Dallas I wish the Hornets well.
    Glad to hear you will be cheering for the Hornets. True I was laughing because of your statement. I find it funny due to the Mavs being in the same Division and conference as the Hornets. Just like Dallas fans to think they are always better than everyone else.:icon_wink:

Hey, it just a game. I can have a little fun with this right? After all the grief I got earlier when tauting the Hornets, when they beat Dallas, were going to continue to kick Mavs butt this year as well as their division mates.

Originally Posted by Bigdog13

Glad to hear you will be cheering for the Hornets. True I was laughing because of your statement. I find it funny due to the Mavs being in the same Division and conference as the Hornets. Just like Dallas fans to think they are always better than everyone else.:icon_wink:

Hey, it just a game. I can have a little fun with this right? After all the grief I got earlier when tauting the Hornets, when they beat Dallas, were going to continue to kick Mavs butt this year as well as their division mates.
    Have all the fun you want brotha. No sweat off my back.

True they are in the same division but then again so is Memphis. I don't see you calling them one of NO or Dallas's rivals. NO/Dallas is not a rivalry because there is no hatred, history, or emotion. It's like calling SJSU/Tech a rivalry just because they are in the same conference.

Have all the fun you want brotha. No sweat off my back.

True they are in the same division but then again so is Memphis. I don't see you calling them one of NO or Dallas's rivals. NO/Dallas is not a rivalry because there is no hatred, history, or emotion. It's like calling SJSU/Tech a rivalry just because they are in the same conference.
    Some of what you state is true. Then again there are probably only 1-2 Memphis fans on BB&B. that's not much fun.Dallas fans might not want a rivalry with New Orleans in any sport but the truth is the Saints and now Hornets will give them a run for their money from here out I do believe.

Some of what you state is true. Then again there are probably only 1-2 Memphis fans on BB&B. that's not much fun.Dallas fans might not want a rivalry with New Orleans in any sport but the truth is the Saints and now Hornets will give them a run for their money from here out I do believe.
    The Saints will give them a run for their money for what? They aren't in the same division and rarely play.

Tyler, I think you would rather see the Saints beat the Cowboys in a pre-season game than see the Saints beat the Patriots in the Superbowl!!!

Seek help my brother!!!! Hatred is not healthy!!!

The Saints will give them a run for their money for what? They aren't in the same division and rarely play.
    For the NFC Conference Championship of course. Just like the Hornets will the Mavs, from here out, for the Western Conference.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

I was one of those of the opinion that, as of about a week ago, I was hoping the Mavs squeeked into the playoffs as the 8 seed while the Hornets held down the 1 because the Mavs didn't worry me as much in a first round matchup as Golden State and Denver did. Now, meh, notsomuch.

Dallas was never a bad team before or after the Kidd trade, but they hadn't been finishing big games well. Looks like they may be coming around a bit in that regard.

I know the term "parity" is often overused in sports theses days, but it really is unbelievable how close all the playoff teams are going to be to each other. Everyone will present some sort of matchup problem with everyone else, which is why I'm not really fretting over it anymore. Sure Dirk and Howard might give N.O. fits, but Kidd can't stay with Paul to save his life. Sure Denver and GS score tons of points, but it's ragged and neither play solid defense while N.O. plays very good defense in spurts. It goes both ways and it's impossible to tell what's going to unfold over the course of a seven game series.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

First thing that came to my mind when I read the title to this thread:

God, I hope so!

GO SPURS GO!!!

+ Reply to Thread