+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mavs to miss playoffs?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Mavs to miss playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    First thing that came to my mind when I read the title to this thread:

God, I hope so!

GO SPURS GO!!!
    I think the West is up for grabs but I honestly think the Spurs would destroy N.O. or Dallas if they met them in the playoffs right now. Now Dallas did beat Phoenix in Phoenix yesterday so I still have a glimmer of hope. If they can put together a nice run to end the season that momentum might help them in the playoffs. We will see. If I were a betting man I would be betting on the Spurs. But like Popovich said there will be no upsets in the West this year. Anyone can beat anyone.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

My wife and I are going to Mavs/Seattle tomorrow. Ought to be a good chance to cut that magic number a little bit. I wish it was the Thursday game (Paul and the Jazz) but for obvious reasons Tuesday was cheaper and easier to get tickets to. I'm afraid that whoever does make it through the West is going to meet a well-rested and healthy Celtics or Pistons team and not have anything left in the tank.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    My wife and I are going to Mavs/Seattle tomorrow. Ought to be a good chance to cut that magic number a little bit. I wish it was the Thursday game (Paul and the Jazz) but for obvious reasons Tuesday was cheaper and easier to get tickets to. I'm afraid that whoever does make it through the West is going to meet a well-rested and healthy Celtics or Pistons team and not have anything left in the tank.
    Well I agree the first 2 rounds should be easy for them. But make no mistake about it, The Pistons/Celtics series is going to be a physical, brutal, war that will more than likely go 7 games. We just gotta hope Orlando or Cleveland gives them a series in round 2. Lebron won't go down easy.

Please disregard the title of this thread. :icon_wink:

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    I was one of those of the opinion that, as of about a week ago, I was hoping the Mavs squeeked into the playoffs as the 8 seed while the Hornets held down the 1 because the Mavs didn't worry me as much in a first round matchup as Golden State and Denver did. Now, meh, notsomuch.

Dallas was never a bad team before or after the Kidd trade, but they hadn't been finishing big games well. Looks like they may be coming around a bit in that regard.

I know the term "parity" is often overused in sports theses days, but it really is unbelievable how close all the playoff teams are going to be to each other. Everyone will present some sort of matchup problem with everyone else, which is why I'm not really fretting over it anymore. Sure Dirk and Howard might give N.O. fits, but Kidd can't stay with Paul to save his life. Sure Denver and GS score tons of points, but it's ragged and neither play solid defense while N.O. plays very good defense in spurts. It goes both ways and it's impossible to tell what's going to unfold over the course of a seven game series.
    Guess we are going to find out. I have to admit, after last year's playoffs I am a little gunshy - but I am excited to see who can fight their way out of the West. I'd say the Mavs have as much chance as anybody else.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Guess we are going to find out. I have to admit, after last year's playoffs I am a little gunshy - but I am excited to see who can fight their way out of the West. I'd say the Mavs have as much chance as anybody else.
    Hornets in five. Regular season is over and along with it the time for reasonable, objective analysis.

Commence ridiculously optomistic homer posting.

:icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Feel the rivalry yet?

Paul, Hornets sting Mavs for comeback victory

New Orleans guard scores 35, dishes out 10 assists in 1st playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Feel the rivalry yet?

Paul, Hornets sting Mavs for comeback victory

New Orleans guard scores 35, dishes out 10 assists in 1st playoff game
    Nope. Not a rivalry.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Nope. Not a rivalry.

OK, we'll try after this series.

OK, we'll try after this series.
    So I understand, do you think if the Hornets beat the Mavs it will be a rivalry? Also do you think when I say the Mavs/Hornets aren't rivals I am somehow cutting the Hornets down?

If so, in both cases you would be wrong.

So I understand, do you think if the Hornets beat the Mavs it will be a rivalry? Also do you think when I say the Mavs/Hornets aren't rivals I am somehow cutting the Hornets down?

If so, in both cases you would be wrong.
    After living in Texas for 31 years, since my TECH days, I am familiar with the elitist attitude Texans wear on their sleeves in all sports. However, watching transplanted Louisianans attempt to wear the same Texas elitism proves to be a sad embarrassing fit.

After living in Texas for 31 years, since my TECH days, I am familiar with the elitist attitude Texans wear on their sleeves in all sports. However, watching transplanted Louisianans attempt to wear the same Texas elitism proves to be a sad embarrassing fit.

Who are you refering to?

Again, when I say it's not a rivalry are you taking that as a knock against the Hornets?

I think I've explained my stance throughout these many years on BB&B. Not much reading between lines is needed, even for the simplest of my bulldog brethren. :icon_wink: If there is such a thing.

I think I've explained my stance throughout these many years on BB&B. Not much reading between lines is needed, even for the simplest of my bulldog brethren. :icon_wink: If there is such a thing.
    Please, since I am not that intelligent, who were you refering to when you said the following:

"However, watching transplanted Louisianans attempt to wear the same Texas elitism proves to be a sad embarrassing fit. "

Please, since I am not that intelligent, who were you refering to when you said the following:

"However, watching transplanted Louisianans attempt to wear the same Texas elitism proves to be a sad embarrassing fit. "

Although that sentence was taken out of context from the previous post, it seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

+ Reply to Thread