+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Catrina Frierson

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Catrina Frierson

Catina Frierson is content on staying with NSU. I imagine this has to be due to the fact that Long is a Dead Coach walking at LaTECH.

Who else besides Spoon is under consideration?

I think we will have to hire an associate head coach like Spoon or White with the promises of getting the head job when Long is fired next year.

Who would have thought that LaTech wouldn't be able to bring one of its own back home.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: Catrina Frierson

RPH - Makes ya wonder WHAT'S going on behind the doors of Wyly Tower & JA Fieldhouse?! Maybe CL is TRULY a lame duck coach & no one wants to come for only one year?

MG

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Re: Catrina Frierson

When RDL reports that Frierson says no and she came to tech with Long then I knew we were in trouble....I still think Long walks before season starts.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Why doesnt he walk now. Doesnt he realize it takes time to do an extensive nation wide search? I am sure there is someone in the Janitorial department that Reneau is waiting to interview as we speak.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Well, one thing is for sure... A "nation wide" search won't result in the assistant coach being hired as head coach like Chris Long was... We don't have any assistant coaches thanks to him. Maybe that is why he has no staff. He thinks he is protecting his job if there is no assistant to promote to head coach.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

How will this affect the signing period coming up? I have seen thread about some potential signees recently and I have to think they will have a hard time signing here without knowing who will fill 3/4 of the coaching staff.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    How will this affect the signing period coming up? I have seen thread about some potential signees recently and I have to think they will have a hard time signing here without knowing who will fill 3/4 of the coaching staff.
    Already commited to the SCHOOL. If they don't come here then they have to sit out a year to sign with another school.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: Catrina Frierson

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Already commited to the SCHOOL. If they don't come here then they have to sit out a year to sign with another school.
    Doc - PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong ( & I probably am!! ) but I thought that the NCAA created a rule that if there were coaching changes AFTER a recruit signed a LOI then they would be allowed to back out? Perhaps this only applies to a HC or I have my info wrong.
    I personally feel like, as a parent & a former recruit ( NOT Tech - had to walk-on there! ), if I signed & expected to play for a certain coach/staff because I fit their style of play & then they left, I might not fit the new staff's vision so why should I be ( possibly ) be punished for THEIR leaving? I liken this to when Coach Lambright retired & they brought in Coach Beck. Coach Maxie ran the wide open passing offense that Tech was known for but LB tried to convert us to a Veer offense. Needless to say that having recruited a drop-back passer who wasn't as mobile as needed for a Veer offense ( sorry, Keith!! ) & also an O-line best suited for pass blocking & not pulling; well, the results spoke for themselves. Yes, I was there then & was one of MANY who wanted Coaches Mickey or Collins to get the HC spot.
    Anyway, enough of my middle-aged flashback!! Please enlighten me, Doc.

Gene

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Doc - PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong ( & I probably am!! ) but I thought that the NCAA created a rule that if there were coaching changes AFTER a recruit signed a LOI then they would be allowed to back out? Perhaps this only applies to a HC or I have my info wrong.
    I personally feel like, as a parent & a former recruit ( NOT Tech - had to walk-on there! ), if I signed & expected to play for a certain coach/staff because I fit their style of play & then they left, I might not fit the new staff's vision so why should I be ( possibly ) be punished for THEIR leaving? I liken this to when Coach Lambright retired & they brought in Coach Beck. Coach Maxie ran the wide open passing offense that Tech was known for but LB tried to convert us to a Veer offense. Needless to say that having recruited a drop-back passer who wasn't as mobile as needed for a Veer offense ( sorry, Keith!! ) & also an O-line best suited for pass blocking & not pulling; well, the results spoke for themselves. Yes, I was there then & was one of MANY who wanted Coaches Mickey or Collins to get the HC spot.
    Anyway, enough of my middle-aged flashback!! Please enlighten me, Doc.

Gene
    I'm not Doc (thank goodness) or an expert, but I believe that only applies to the HC leaving. I know there was a recruit that had signed a LOI with LSU in mbb, but when Nikita left LSU to come here when Rupp took over, the recruit decided he wanted to come to Tech. He still had to get Brady to sign a release. That tells me that he couldn't leave because an asst. left. Whether or not that's true in the case of a HC, I don't know. Also, I think the recruit still has to sit out that first year even though he gets his/her release after signing the LOI.

Thumbs Up Re: Catrina Frierson

D/D - Thanks for the input! It still hardly seems fair to the recruit to have to sit out a year but whoever said that the NCAA ( or life, for that matter ) was fair.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    D/D - Thanks for the input! It still hardly seems fair to the recruit to have to sit out a year but whoever said that the NCAA ( or life, for that matter ) was fair.
    I can see the purpose for it, even though I agree with you that it is hard on the athlete. I would hate to think that players could easily change their minds once signed. I think there would be a constant threat of someone stealing your players all the time, plus I would hate to think a player could go from school to school and play for different teams depending on their mood.

From a players standpoint in cases of a coach change, I definitely see your point, though.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I have a slightly different take on a young coach not coming to Tech and it has more to do with them not being ready to be a hc here more than working under a lame duck. Frierson (or any young coach) may not feel she is ready to take over. This rebuild will need a very strong person both mentally and physically(and I don't mean they have to beat anybody up, just be up to the demands of the job).

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I can see the purpose for it, even though I agree with you that it is hard on the athlete. I would hate to think that players could easily change their minds once signed. I think there would be a constant threat of someone stealing your players all the time, plus I would hate to think a player could go from school to school and play for different teams depending on their mood.

From a players standpoint in cases of a coach change, I definitely see your point, though.
    I think the theory behind it is something to the effect that since it's still considered "amateur" athletics, and just an extension of a university, then the choice should be about the school and not the coach. I think it's the NCAA's way of trying to keep it as close to being amateur as possible. In the pros, if a coach comes along with a new scheme that you don't fit in, they generally trade you or you ask to be traded, etc... I think it's an effort to try to get the athlete to focus on the big picture, his/her education, and to make a decision based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I have a slightly different take on a young coach not coming to Tech and it has more to do with them not being ready to be a hc here more than working under a lame duck. Frierson (or any young coach) may not feel she is ready to take over. This rebuild will need a very strong person both mentally and physically(and I don't mean they have to beat anybody up, just be up to the demands of the job).

Very good point.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I was talking about the jc point guard who we are after, not the ones that already signed.

+ Reply to Thread