+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Catrina Frierson

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: Catrina Frierson

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I can see the purpose for it, even though I agree with you that it is hard on the athlete. I would hate to think that players could easily change their minds once signed. I think there would be a constant threat of someone stealing your players all the time, plus I would hate to think a player could go from school to school and play for different teams depending on their mood.

From a players standpoint in cases of a coach change, I definitely see your point, though.
    Champ - Yep, I was taking the athletes' stance rather than the university. I wasn't trying to imply that the recruit should be able to change their minds once the LOI was filed UNLESS there was a coaching change. That would be something that was not in THEIR control & I know that, as a former recruited player, there are lots of "promises" made ( although I personally wasn't good enough to warrant any - da**it!! ) to try & sway U away from one school to another.
    I DO know that my daughter's 2 friends have told me ( last week @ a track meet, in fact )that they would have DEFINITELY become Techsters & not even considered anyone else if KM was the HC. In fact, they both will be attending Baylor's summer camp instead of Tech's this summer!
    That's why we need a "name" coach or one w/Techster ties to the glory days, IMHO. Guess we'll have to wait on that.
    Champ - any word on who CL was speaking w/yesterday on F4????? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Catrina Frierson

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Champ - Yep, I was taking the athletes' stance rather than the university. I wasn't trying to imply that the recruit should be able to change their minds once the LOI was filed UNLESS there was a coaching change. That would be something that was not in THEIR control & I know that, as a former recruited player, there are lots of "promises" made ( although I personally wasn't good enough to warrant any - da**it!! ) to try & sway U away from one school to another.
    I DO know that my daughter's 2 friends have told me ( last week @ a track meet, in fact )that they would have DEFINITELY become Techsters & not even considered anyone else if KM was the HC. In fact, they both will be attending Baylor's summer camp instead of Tech's this summer!
    That's why we need a "name" coach or one w/Techster ties to the glory days, IMHO. Guess we'll have to wait on that.
    Champ - any word on who CL was speaking w/yesterday on F4????? Inquiring minds want to know!!
    I haven't heard anything on anything. Everything is quiet. Hopefully, that means something good - yes, that is my optimism. :icon_wink:

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I give up. What is F4?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Ok, I give up. What is F4?
    Final 4.

Varsity Bulldog techfan4life has turned a few heads around heretechfan4life has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Catina Frierson is content on staying with NSU. I imagine this has to be due to the fact that Long is a Dead Coach walking at LaTECH.

Who else besides Spoon is under consideration?

I think we will have to hire an associate head coach like Spoon or White with the promises of getting the head job when Long is fired next year.

Who would have thought that LaTech wouldn't be able to bring one of its own back home.
    Spoon is under consideration? Guess I missed that. Is that wishful thinking, or is she really being considered?

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I doubt it. She would upstage CL.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techfan4life View Post
    Spoon is under consideration? Guess I missed that. Is that wishful thinking, or is she really being considered?
    TSpoon's name came up on here when we were discussing former Techters with big enough names that could help pull in recruits and have the emotion needed on the sidelines. She is, also, the key speaker at the Lady Techster Banquet tomorrow night. I don't know if she is anyone that the administration or CL has contacted. So, I guess you could say it is very wishful thinking.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

I personally believe that we will end up with a mediocre assistant coaching staff because nobody is going to want to come after what CL has done to the program. If he were to leave, I think you would see the applicant pool grow. Even Catrina who played for CL in HS and here declined an offer.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Tspoon was on campus yesterday with Long...Keep fingers crossed.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should hire Pokey. She did a great job of recruiting at lsu. I really believe that women need a female coach.
    Last edited by DONW; 04-10-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I think we should hire Pookie. She did a great job of recruiting at lsu. I really believe that women need a woman coach.
    I hope you are kidding. I don't care who we hire, male or female as long as they win. Unfortunately we don't have that right now.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I think we should hire Pokey. She did a great job of recruiting at lsu. I really believe that women need a female coach.
    I think Pokey would be a great choice. She'd get some good players here, lickety-split.

Varsity Bulldog DawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really nice

IMO we will have to wait a year until we can even hope for a quality coach. As long as CL is a lame duck we will not be attractive to quality assistants.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I hope you are kidding. I don't care who we hire, male or female as long as they win. Unfortunately we don't have that right now.
    You got me confused with this one.

Do you care who they hire or just don't want Pokey?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I think Pokey would be a great choice. She'd get some good players here, lickety-split.

If Pokey could tone down the attitude I would not have a problem with her. She definately can recruit good players. I don't know how she would fit in around Ruston though.

+ Reply to Thread