+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Long, Geno

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

So Long, Geno

Couldn't have happened to a bigger dipstick!!!

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Re: So Long, Geno

I'm lost....

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    I'm lost....
    UCONN coach Geno Auriemma. They just lost to Stanford.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Outstanding.... Don't like him.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

and even better....the lady tiggers are gone too !

You gotta love it !!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Tennessee and Stanford for the NC on Tuesday. Stanford is playing like a Champion. Parker still not even close to full strength. Stanford has a good chance to win it all.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to state that it is shocking that lsu couldn't pull that out with Parker playing at half speed. They were close and neither team could buy a basket for most of the game. Stanford, though, is playing all out ball right now. If Tennessee doesn't find an answer to their offensive woes, Stanford takes this one. Tennessee usually finds just enough of the answer to win, though.

I am pulling for Stanford. Never liked them, but Candice Wiggins is great fun to watch.

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Don't think I've ever seen LSU shoot as poorly as they did last night. Tennessee usually finds a way to win, although they will have their work cut out for them against Stanford. Like I posted earlier, I like Candice Wiggins. She will need some help from her supporting cast, though to pull off the upset.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Tennessee and Stanford for the NC on Tuesday. Stanford is playing like a Champion. Parker still not even close to full strength. Stanford has a good chance to win it all.
    Hwy Champ, what's the story behind Geno and recruiting on the WBB on ESPN. I went there y'day to see what was being said about the games. There were several threads about Geno/recruitung/fraud, etc.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I will have to state that it is shocking that lsu couldn't pull that out with Parker playing at half speed. They were close and neither team could buy a basket for most of the game. Stanford, though, is playing all out ball right now. If Tennessee doesn't find an answer to their offensive woes, Stanford takes this one. Tennessee usually finds just enough of the answer to win, though.

I am pulling for Stanford. Never liked them, but Candice Wiggins is great fun to watch.

To be honest, I think UConn beat themselves yesterday. I really wasn't overly impressed with Stanford as far as individual players other than Wiggins. They won as a team. Of course, that's the way to win. Stanford just seemed too stiff and got lucky by not being burned by the many bad passes and mistakes they made. UConn was overall much more talented but didn't seem to play with cohesion. You could see that in the Rutgers game as well. Fortunately for them, Rutgers played the same way in the second half. Just like Geno said in both halftime interviews (Rutgers and Stanford games), he needed to slow his team down and run their offense. When that happened, they made the amazing run. Then they panicked when Stanford hit those 2 consecutive 3s, and quit playing as a team. That's the problem I see with Geno. He recruits these all-stars and, lately, has had trouble getting them to play as a team in the big games. Each player wants to take it over herself. Summitt has better control over her all-stars. I think Tennesse wins the championship by at least 15 as Stanford doesn't have the talent to match up player for player and Tennesse will play as opposed to UConn.

Incidentally, why all the hatred for Geno? I watch wbb, but don't really follow all the drama. What's the deal with the Geno hatred?

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Like ya'll, I'm glad to see Geno gone ( he seems to have a HUGE ego although he did give Stanford credit for winning ). UNLIKE ya'll, I was cheering for LSU last night. My loyalties in WBB go in this order:

1) Techsters ( even WITH CL!! )
    2) Teams w/former Techsters or Tech H/C's ( ala Baylor, OSU, A&M; etc )
    3) Whichever team took the Techsters out of play ( given the past 2 seasons that's almost
    anyone we played!! )
    4) Conference schools ( Weak Ass Conference )
    5) STATE schools ( including the hated Lady Tigers )
    6) Long time rivals we still respect ( Lady Vols, ODU, etc ).

Doesn't matter that my sister attended LSU ( heck, my ex is from Knoxville yet I'll be cheering for Pat Tuesday night ). Just my .02 & I pretty much know what THAT'S worth around here!! :icon_wink:

Gene
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-07-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Add comment

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Guess I caught the LSU-Tenn game at the right time . . . 7 seconds left.
    And that floor? What was that all about???
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Oh, and I quit watching the LSU/Tenn game fairly early in the second half when the officials started letting the LSU players, Fowles in particular, throw and push players on the floor without calling fouls. The final straw was when LSU got the ball on the Tennessee side of the floor and ran the ball down on offense and Fowles literally ran through the Tennesse girl who had position in the lane and barreled her over and they called a foul on the Tennessee girl. Now, neither one had really established a set position, but as far as I can tell, a player is not allowed to bullrush another player to establish that position. The good thing about all that, though, is Tennesse showed they could physical up with anybody. They realized how the officials were going and "manned" up. I also think it helped Candace deal with her shoulder better as well. She was timid for most of the game, and we she realized that they were playing to make her feel the pain, she sucked it up. It's like one of the announcers said. He thought her only weakness as a player was that she might be soft. She proved otherwise last night.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Hwy Champ, what's the story behind Geno and recruiting on the WBB on ESPN. I went there y'day to see what was being said about the games. There were several threads about Geno/recruitung/fraud, etc.
    UConn and Tennessee were competing for a 5 star recruit, and UConn arranged for said recruit to have a private, all-access tour of the ESPN studios. Pat Summit cried foul and has agreed to cooperate fully with the investigation. :icon_wink:

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Re: So Long, Geno

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakes View Post
    UConn and Tennessee were competing for a 5 star recruit, and UConn arranged for said recruit to have a private, all-access tour of the ESPN studios. Pat Summit cried foul and has agreed to cooperate fully with the investigation. :icon_wink:
    Beef - So ya figure THAT'S the reason that Pat ended the in-season schedule w/UConn?

+ Reply to Thread