+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Long, Geno

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Re: So Long, Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Beef - So ya figure THAT'S the reason that Pat ended the in-season schedule w/UConn?
    I'll admit that I don't follow it that closely, even though I'm only 60 miles from Knox Vegas. What I am saying is that I don't know if it was TN or UConn or both that pulled the plug. What I do hear is that the "love affair" between Geno and Pat Summit is over.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Didn't Stanford beat Tennessee earlier this year? The way they are playing I think they could do it again. Candace Wiggins reminds me of Erica Taylor.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Didn't Stanford beat Tennessee earlier this year? The way they are playing I think they could do it again. Candace Wiggins reminds me of Erica Taylor.
    Not sure if they did or not, but I believe UConn played Stanford earlier in the year and stomped them. Stanford is on a roll and I would be surprised if Tenn. can stop them. Tenn. will have to play a MUCH better game than they did last night.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Look Stanford beat Tennessee 73-69 in OT at Stanford in December.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/recap?gid=200712220545

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Look Stanford beat Tennessee 73-69 in OT at Stanford in December.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/recap?gid=200712220545
    I think they will do it again and it will be more lopsided than an OT game. Of course, Pat is real good in getting her team ready and they do usually win the big games, but my money is on Stanford this time.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pulling for Stanford too. They played with a lot of energy against UCONN, and I hope they've got one more game like that in them.

Anyone remember when Stanford played us at Ruston in the NCAA's? Stanford had a fabulous, funny, into-having-a-good-time pep band, my second favorite all time (distant second) pep band second to our beloved HOOP TROOP!! Those two bands put on a SHOW!! The TAC was really rockin'. Lady Techsters won!

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    I'm pulling for Stanford too. They played with a lot of energy against UCONN, and I hope they've got one more game like that in them.

Anyone remember when Stanford played us at Ruston in the NCAA's? Stanford had a fabulous, funny, into-having-a-good-time pep band, my second favorite all time (distant second) pep band second to our beloved HOOP TROOP!! Those two bands put on a SHOW!! The TAC was really rockin'. Lady Techsters won!
    I do remember. I think I remember Stanford beat us another time in the tournament.

They have always had a great (hilarious) band.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Tennessee and Stanford for the NC on Tuesday. Stanford is playing like a Champion. Parker still not even close to full strength. Stanford has a good chance to win it all.
    Sure hope they don't, though! I was SOOOOOOO glad to see Tennessee pull it out last night!

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    To be honest, I think UConn beat themselves yesterday. I really wasn't overly impressed with Stanford as far as individual players other than Wiggins. I think Tennesse wins the championship by at least 15 as Stanford doesn't have the talent to match up player for player and Tennesse will play as opposed to UConn.

Incidentally, why all the hatred for Geno? I watch wbb, but don't really follow all the drama. What's the deal with the Geno hatred?
    You called that one right. TN 64 Stanford 48.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

It's about time that everybody started realizing that Tennessee's continued dominance is bad for women's basketball as a whole.

Was men's basketball better before, during, or after the UCLA dynasty ended? The same will happen in women's basketball when there are more than just 4 or 5 programs able to regularly compete for a national championship.

It was surprising to me. I should know better than to ever predict a basketball game - especially against Tennessee.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    You called that one right. TN 64 Stanford 48.
    Thanks. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. Actually, I didn't go into as much detail in that prediction post, but the announcers were talking last night about how Stanford committed more turnovers than they did all season. The UConn game would have been just as bad as the Tennessee game but UConn wasn't looking for those turnovers. Stanford makes bad and weak passes. I guarantee Pat and staff saw that in the film, and had her players ready to take advantage of it. I was just surprised that Geno didn't take advantage of it in the 2cnd half of their game. Stanford has good players, but just not the athletes. In fact, as good as Candice Wiggins is, I'm going to make a statement that many might disagree with-- I think Tennessee's Hornbuckle is just as good. I think if they switch teams, Hornbuckle is the star of Stanford and Wiggins is 2cnd fiddle for Tennessee. Regardless, you could just look at Stanford in the UConn game and tell they were too uptight and were going to make the turnovers. Too many times they looked panicky. They're just lucky that Tennessee decided to play sloppy 3 or 4 times or the score would have been much worst.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Did I miss something??
    I know I missed watching the girls game last night, but in today's News-Star edition I think I got a collector's item.
    Front page teaser box says "Rocky Topped" and the headline inside says "Orange Crushed."
    Tennessee did win, huh?

. . . . never mind, on second thought, I guess Rocky did TOP Stanford and the Orange DID crush Stanford.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    It's about time that everybody started realizing that Tennessee's continued dominance is bad for women's basketball as a whole.

Was men's basketball better before, during, or after the UCLA dynasty ended? The same will happen in women's basketball when there are more than just 4 or 5 programs able to regularly compete for a national championship.
    You are probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Did I miss something??
    I know I missed watching the girls game last night, but in today's News-Star edition I think I got a collector's item.
    Front page teaser box says "Rocky Topped" and the headline inside says "Orange Crushed."
    Tennessee did win, huh?

. . . . never mind, on second thought, I guess Rocky did TOP Stanford and the Orange DID crush Stanford.
    Sounds like a headline teaser.

+ Reply to Thread