+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Times Sake...

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Re: Old Times Sake...

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Then I truly feel for U ( being there in person, I mean ). I was watching the game at work & my co-workers had never seen me so emotional ( both cheering ( before Smith's shot & crying AFTER :bigcry: )). I said at that time that I felt that was gonna be the Techster's last shot at a NC because I could see that the rest of WBB was catching up w/us. Never saw the program falling to THESE depths ( thanks, CL!! ), though.
    It was absolutely heartbreaking. The Hoop Troop went to the bus after the game to play for the Techsters as they came out of the arena. I'll never forget that we all held up a finger to tell them that we felt they were number 1 to us, and Pam Thomas, with tears in her eyes, just held up two fingers and then got on the bus. That image will always be stuck in my mind. We flew back on the same flight as the team and it was the quietest plane ride you could imagine.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Well, I wasn't really insinuating that we "give" them anything other than the opportunity for a quality education & the chance to restore the Techster program back into its' rightful place amongst the elite ONCE WE GET A HC WHO IS CAPABLE OF LEADING US THERE!! Thanks for straightening me out there, though.
    I didn't think you were. There are so many rules in the NCAA that sometimes it is hard to know what is legal and what isn't. I know last summer I was helping a father of an NCAA softball athlete get pictures to make a highlight video for the team. Long story short, the photographer wouldn't sell us the pictures until we had a written statement from the athletic departments compliance director stating that it was not an NCAA violation for him to sell us the pictures and the father to make the video.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Old Times Sake...

10c - I completely agree that it's VERY difficult to understand the NCAA rules on recruiting. I often wonder if I myself am violating things when I give my daughter's 2 friends ( that R being courted by both Tech & ULM ) a ride to & from practice ( even though my own daughter's in the car w/us! ). I figure that as long as Hill ( my kid ) is w/me I'm OK & besides, I'm not on the Techster payroll ( although as an alumni & CHAMPS supporter I kinda am!! ).

MG

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

10c - I completely agree that it's VERY difficult to understand the NCAA rules on recruiting. I often wonder if I myself am violating things when I give my daughter's 2 friends ( that R being courted by both Tech & ULM ) a ride to & from practice ( even though my own daughter's in the car w/us! ). I figure that as long as Hill ( my kid ) is w/me I'm OK & besides, I'm not on the Techster payroll ( although as an alumni & CHAMPS supporter I kinda am!! ).

MG
    Yeah the rules are kinda read between the lines on those kinds of things.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Mean Gene,

Thanks for the heads-up on the source for videos. Just ordered the Cheyney State video. Don't guess they will ever put the first championship game vs Tennessee on video since it was AIAW. I'm glad I have my archive of Dave's radio play-by-play.

Thanks again!

James

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Angela Lawson--I used to go to the Techster games just so I could look at her legs. Man, she was something.
    I'm telling Maddawg. At least you're (1) honest; and (2) telling the truth (about Angela Lawson:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I'm telling Maddawg. At least you're (1) honest; and (2) telling the truth (about Angela Lawson:icon_wink:
    I don't think it would surprise him any. I even use to limit my drinking before and during the games just so my vision wouldn't be too blurry.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I don't think it would surprise him any. I even use to limit my drinking before and during the games just so my vision wouldn't be too blurry.
    gotta have our priorities!
    I used to say the same thing about a mother of one of our current dance line members when her mother was a pom pon girl.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread