+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Times Sake...

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Old Times Sake...

For some of you young-uns out there who were not around at the time, this is OUR tradition, this is where we came from....

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...5541/index.htm

Pages 108 and 109 (hope it works, could not copy the image and post it here... ):

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...e=reader_vault

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Old Times Sake...

Great article, hookdown! Thanks for posting. We ALWAYS need to remember what the Lady Techster name stands for!

The images didn't come through, though.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Great article, hookdown! Thanks for posting. We ALWAYS need to remember what the Lady Techster name stands for!

The images didn't come through, though.
    If you go to the second URL, it should open to the complete magizine. Click on thumbnails and go over to page 108. Nice pic of the 86/87 starters there in period costumes...

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

sigh........

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    If you go to the second URL, it should open to the complete magizine. Click on thumbnails and go over to page 108. Nice pic of the 86/87 starters there in period costumes...
    Got it! Coll picture! You don't see TSpoon in a dress very often. :icon_wink:

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

I'm even more pissed at where we are now than I was before!

I am pretty sure I still have the original edition in good condition (at least) somewhere in my basement. After 3-4 moves, things tend to disappear for a while...

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man View Post
    I'm even more pissed at where we are now than I was before!
    Yeah, I get the same feeling when I watch my DVD's of the '82 ( We beat Cheney 76-62 ); '87 ( we lost to Tenn 67-44 ) & the '88 ( we rallied from 14 pts down in the second half to beat Auburn 56-54 ) National Championship games. SIGH!!

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Nice article! Mean, I am too young to remember the '82 game (lol)! You wouldn't happen to have any of those for sale?

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    Nice article! Mean, I am too young to remember the '82 game (lol)! You wouldn't happen to have any of those for sale?
    Here's the website to purchase these from - www.NCAAOnDemand.com

They have HUNDREDS of every sport but unless U REALLY want to have your heart broken ( & mine was!! ), don't get the 1994 loss to NC on that last second 3 point shot!! I literally cried after that one!! :bigcry:

Maybe we should send some of these to CL so he can see how LB ran his TEAMS!! Maybe even give some to recruits to let them know what the Techster pedigree WAS!!!

Gene
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 04-07-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Add comment

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post

Maybe we should send some of these to CL so he can see how LB ran his TEAMS!! Maybe even give some to recruits to let them know what the Techster pedigree WAS!!!

Gene
    You can't give "gifts" to recruits. It's an NCAA violation. They can watch the games on their visits, but you can't give them anything.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Here's the website to purchase these from - www.NCAAOnDemand.com

They have HUNDREDS of every sport but unless U REALLY want to have your heart broken ( & mine was!! ), don't get the 1994 loss to NC on that last second 3 point shot!! I literally cried after that one!! :bigcry:

Gene
    I was in the Hoop Troop at the 1994 NC game (freshman year). Still to this day I can't watch that shot. It makes me feel physically ill.

Thumbs Up Re: Old Times Sake...

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    You can't give "gifts" to recruits. It's an NCAA violation. They can watch the games on their visits, but you can't give them anything.
    Well, I wasn't really insinuating that we "give" them anything other than the opportunity for a quality education & the chance to restore the Techster program back into its' rightful place amongst the elite ONCE WE GET A HC WHO IS CAPABLE OF LEADING US THERE!! Thanks for straightening me out there, though.

Frown Re: Old Times Sake...

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man View Post
    I was in the Hoop Troop at the 1994 NC game (freshman year). Still to this day I can't watch that shot. It makes me feel physically ill.
    Then I truly feel for U ( being there in person, I mean ). I was watching the game at work & my co-workers had never seen me so emotional ( both cheering ( before Smith's shot & crying AFTER :bigcry: )). I said at that time that I felt that was gonna be the Techster's last shot at a NC because I could see that the rest of WBB was catching up w/us. Never saw the program falling to THESE depths ( thanks, CL!! ), though.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Angela Lawson--I used to go to the Techster games just so I could look at her legs. Man, she was something.

+ Reply to Thread