+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crawfish Prices

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Re: Crawfish Prices

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    At least you can get them in Memphis. Haven't had any bugs for almost 2 years so we broke down last weekend and had 100 lb flown in from Louisiana for a little work party. $2.95 per pound, airfare included. There is one crawfish farm in Columbia, SC and he wanted $5.00 per pound.
    I share your misery. I don't know where to get them here in Atlanta and then again probably wouldn't touch them if some were found.

From here, $1.25/1.50 sounds like a bargain and I am getting very envious of the conversations.

WOE is me.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    I share your misery. I don't know where to get them here in Atlanta and then again probably wouldn't touch them if some were found.

From here, $1.25/1.50 sounds like a bargain and I am getting very envious of the conversations.

WOE is me.
    Look online. Someone posted a link last year to a company that delivers them all over, and, I think, guarantees them. I don't know the cost, but it might not be too bad.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Look online. Someone posted a link last year to a company that delivers them all over, and, I think, guarantees them. I don't know the cost, but it might not be too bad.
    ...not too bad for some folks I guess. But they say a sucker is born...

http://www.shoppinglouisiana.com/Mer...T&Store_Code=S

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Well when I get paid, I will have to decide between crawfish and unleaded.

I'm leaning toward crawfish.

Puppy spider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the earsspider seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post

WOE is me.
    Louisiana Crawfish Co. is where I got mine from. They are out of Natchtoches(never could spell that place where the purple people are from). They ship any amount to anywhere. Price depends on amount shipped. It was weird paying that much per pound. But when you only get to eat them every two years at least I know where they are coming from.

Size of bugs were med to large and they were alive and kicking when I picked them up.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Earlier tonight, I attended the 15th Annual Crawfish Boil at Denmon Engineering in Monroe. BIGGEST and BEST crawfish I've ever eaten. Many Thanks to the folks at Denmon (I know lots of you are TECH grads) for a Great Time ! ! !

I'm thinking it was catered by Riverside Crawfish. You Monroe dudes need to check 'em out.

We'll soon be having our annual Kiwanis Club Crawfish Boil, and we usually get the bugs from Crawfish Port in A-town. I'll prob check on prices next week & I'll let you know what they are.
    cruising around the newstar site and saw these pics from the crawfish boil. im jealous !!!

this is the first album and there was a second as well:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...4170807&Ref=PH

if this doesnt work just go to the gallery and you'll find them.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

The best way is to boil them is a beer in one hand, and a wooden paddle in the other for stirring. Drinking with your friends.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    cruising around the newstar site and saw these pics from the crawfish boil. im jealous !!!

this is the first album and there was a second as well:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...4170807&Ref=PH

if this doesnt work just go to the gallery and you'll find them.
    This is one of my friends I was sitting with, G.T. He is a crawfish-eating machine.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...arams=Itemnr=2

Sorry you couldn't make it. :icon_wink:

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    This is one of my friends I was sitting with, G.T. He is a crawfish-eating machine.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...arams=Itemnr=2

Sorry you couldn't make it. :icon_wink:
    he's gonna need a bigger pan LOL

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    he's gonna need a bigger pan LOL
    I counted six (or, was it seven ??) trips back through the serving line by him, but I prob missed a couple when I went for beer refills. :icon_wink:

Bulldog UTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really nice

We are getting 280 lbs. of live crawfish from a local Randall's supermarket in austin for $1.00 - $1.50 /lb the weekend of mother's day. They are going to confirm the exact price the week of, but it definitely won't be higher than a buck fifty. We got crawfish from this same store at $0.99 last year. They run this special once a year, so we find out when it will be and have our crawfish boil to correspond with it.

Other than this deal, prices in austin are $3/lb or so.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Up here, it is $5.50/lb. The place selling it gets all their crawfish from a place in Louisiana and has it shipped by truck over night.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    Up here, it is $5.50/lb. The place selling it gets all their crawfish from a place in Louisiana and has it shipped by truck over night.
    Wow! I know it's a long way from St. Louis back to the nearest crawfish farm, but a college student with a pickup truck and daddy's credit card could make some nice cash hauling 'dads up there for resale.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

yep...only one place that I know of here is actually selling the live bugs, and on top of that they are also doing seafood boils every Friday night. Nice little place started by a LSU grad (from here) and his wife (From Laff.) using her mother's recipies. Best Louisiana food I have found up here...but I won't pay more than $2/lb for crawfish...I have paid $3.50 in the past, but I'll never do that again...

Just checked prices at Crawfish Port in Alexandria.

Medium - 69 cents/lb.
    Large - $1.09/lb.
    Already boiled - $1.89/lb.

+ Reply to Thread